Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Packaging Jobs - Shipping issues - Why???

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I have decided that my local post office has mounted a conspiracy against me. I am forever getting damaged boxes, but I blamed it on just usual USPS crap. Today I got this envelope from Chris (CWalker). He did a great job of putting lots of extra cardboard inside to protect the contents (it was an FK broadside).

And still, I get this:

I swear they are doing it on purpose! Don't bend, just mangle, run over, and beat it to hell. *sigh*
    Shit, I don't even understand how a package could get that dirty in the hands of the USPS. I would start to suspect it was purposeful too.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Is that a tire mark?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Is that a tire mark?
    That's what I was thinking. Could be it dropped on the floor and a mail cart or something was pushed over it. Kinda looks like that.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Is that a tire mark?
    That's what I was thinking. Could be it dropped on the floor and a mail cart or something was pushed over it. Kinda looks like that.
    Haha, it does look like that! And the cart that was pushed over it had apparently just been pushed down a dirt road after some rain.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I would take that to your local Post Office and ask to speak to the manager and file a complaint. I don't know if that would do much good, but it should be brought to their attention. There's no excuse for that.

John

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, in fairness to the mail guys, it only says "Do Not Bend." I don't see anything on the package saying "Do Not Ride Over With Dirty Mail Cart."

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bad Packaging Jobs - Why???

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I ordered two copies of The Bizarre of Bad Dreams from Amazon.co.uk.

They shipped the books side by side unprotected in a cardboard "box". The package arrived crushed. Both books are now reading copies.

I filed a claim and they sent me two more books packaged the same way!

Out of four books I now have one NF copy and three reading copies.

Why would anyone ship books that way? Especially the world largest bookseller!

I'm tempted to file a return for these two also. I really wanted two nice books not four crappy books.
    Happens to me with Dr sleep ,

First was shrink wrapped with a second book so hard , the jacked was teared in three parts , loose in a box.

Seconds they send, just loose in a way to big box.

Third they send had black finger prints all over the spine.

Bought one at betts then - that was great

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Well, in fairness to the mail guys, it only says "Do Not Bend." I don't see anything on the package saying "Do Not Ride Over With Dirty Mail Cart."
    Had the same thought
    Would be funny if it wouldn't be so sad

How does it look from the inside ?
    Did it make it?

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

I have decided that my local post office has mounted a conspiracy against me. I am forever getting damaged boxes, but I blamed it on just usual USPS crap. Today I got this envelope from Chris (CWalker). He did a great job of putting lots of extra cardboard inside to protect the contents (it was an FK broadside).

And still, I get this:

I swear they are doing it on purpose! Don't bend, just mangle, run over, and beat it to hell. *sigh*

So I stopped by the post office this morning, picture in hand. The guy agreed that this was not good. After some discussion, i took a Claim Report, just in case.
    He was very helpful but did say one thing that caught my attention. He said "just because you write Do Not Bend on it dosen't mean it will receive special handeling". I half-joked back "so should I have written Do Not Run Over With A Friggin' Car?"
    Silence...
    Anyways...
    Dez, if the broadside is "only" bent/curved and you want to try to flatten it, and you are okay with the results, then we will call it good. If it is "folded/creased" then I will really want to file a claim and get a fresh copy to you.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

This is what the postal service delivered today:

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is my favorite personal experience with receiving items in less than perfect condition, courtesy of USPS. It started its journey has a small paperback magazine (Carnage #2 from Centipede Press).

Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

wanna talk about bad packaging jobs... I once put a G-string on backwards.

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Only once? I would of thought you liked Nick Fury from S.H.I.E.L.D.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Only once? I would of thought you liked Nick Fury from S.H.I.E.L.D.
    sad thing is... it actually fit better that way.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The lady working at my local PO told me that with Media Mail, inspections (i.e. your package getting ripped open) happen fairly often mainly just to make sure it is only a book being shipped (because of the very specific rules for MM). I've had three or four show up with holes punched in the top and sides before as well. Luckily no real damage to any books so far. Anyone here that has bought from me knows that I compensate for this by always having bigger-than-necessary boxes and plenty of packing material inside.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think I've ever talked about it here, but I once received a very neatly cut off label from a box of audiobooks that I sent out with one of those "We Care" bags. Subsequently, I was told that my box was in limbo in Kentucky and there was no way to retrieve it. I was just like: no shit...I am holding the damn label! And it was obviously cut - perfectly straight lines directly through the middle of the tape. You have to wonder what the hell they are up to at USPS!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think I've ever talked about it here, but I once received a very neatly cut off label from a box of audiobooks that I sent out with one of those "We Care" bags. Subsequently, I was told that my box was in limbo in Kentucky and there was no way to retrieve it. I was just like: no shit...I am holding the damn label! And it was obviously cut - perfectly straight lines directly through the middle of the tape. You have to wonder what the hell they are up to at USPS!
    Well they open and decide they like you item. Just send along the label to say thanks for your business.I have never heard of another business model like there's.
    Here please pay me $10 to send this one book just up state, oh and if you want to make sure I do it, please pay $20 more to insure the package to make sure that I actually do what you paid me to do. Oops I dropped it off the truck and ran over it... but you cannot prove that it was me so I am not going to give you the $500 you insured it for. Thanks for $30 see you next week

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Well they open and decide they like you item. Just send along the label to say thanks for your business.I have never heard of another business model like there's.
    Here please pay me $10 to send this one book just up state, oh and if you want to make sure I do it, please pay $20 more to insure the package to make sure that I actually do what you paid me to do. Oops I dropped it off the truck and ran over it... but you cannot prove that it was me so I am not going to give you the $500 you insured it for. Thanks for $30 see you next week
    So true!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am so confused... I live in Austin TX.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Like Joel Coen said, "It's a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the heart." You can probably say the same thing for USPS media mail. BTW, not calling you a fool of course, I just thought that was appropriate for the trip that package has been on.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I am so confused... I live in Austin TX.

Apparently USPS doesn't want to be early to the party. Arrives at the 'destination facility,' looks at watch and tells whoever's driving to circle the block to waste time, which turns into a detour through Albuquerque. It totally makes sense in a really really stupid friggen way.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Same issues!!!

1. Week before Xmas, I get my neighbors package so I walk over and drop it off on his doorstep and I see a package on his doorstep already, so I check (just in case) and....MY package on his doorstep. Later that day a neighbor from a block away walked up and HE also had a package that was mine??!?!?? I complained and Post Office said they would call/send survey and NOTHING.

2. I see the UPS trucks easily from window when they drive up and can see right inside open doors and I see them toss the boxes from the back to the front if there are more than one EVERY time.

3. Other weird thing is the "I will wrap it like it's a tissue baby" shippers. It does NOT help to wrap the book in paper and tape it and then plastic and tape it and then wrap it all in duct tape and then box it and duct tape that whole thing. It takes 10 minutes to just get the cutting going without risking damaging the book while opening the packaging. sheesh!!!

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

oh, we are complaining about USPS? Here is one...when I called (about two weeks in) they claimed it had a bad zip code on it and someone would look at it and verify the correct zip. Finally got it about 3 weeks after that phone call and a week after the last date on this picture...zip code was correct and perfectly legible.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

HAHAHAHAH yours was stuck in the limbo of Houston. How did you call them? did you just use the 1-800 number or did you find the number for the specific plant?

My package is now in Boulder CO... Maybe I need to call the driver and tell him he has his compass pointed the wrong way.

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe I just called the 800 number. My guess is that the person who originally inputted the data for the address in their system (or the optical recognition software if they use that) miskeyed the zip originally so when it was scanned it came up with a different zip than where it was and was automatically routed back. Still took way to long for someone with a brain to step in and fix it and the person I got when I called claimed to not be able to do anything about it, just had to let the system work it out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast