Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Packaging Jobs - Shipping issues - Why???

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

That’s frustrating as hell! Let us know how it turns out.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I recently bought a copy of IT on ebay.

Here is how the seller packaged the book:

Did you see my feedback on the Pet Sematary? Regardless of the fact that it made it to me without damage, I couldn't believe he sent it like that.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw your feedback. Surprised you left a positive.

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I let him know the only reason I did was because he got lucky that it was undamaged.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

He took your advice. Mine was properly protected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Good to hear. In all fairness, I thought I'd share his response to me letting him know that he not only took an unecessary risk with some rare-condition books, but also risked being black listed. From what I gather, only Randall and I got the envelopes. I'm sure I can speak for all of us when I say I'd rather wait an extra week for a box than have it shipped like that again. He does appear to have a consience.

"Hello there,
    My more sincere apology for the trouble caused and thanks for the advice, I know what you mean...Ran out of boxes and do not wanted to keep the books waiting for the boxes to arrive to ship them,
    Thanks a lot for your business and sorry again,
    regards,

Francisco"

Gunslinger Apprentice jsteltor will become famous soon enough jsteltor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

In order not to see my name here, what is the best way to ship the CD art portfolios? Would a priority padded envelope be sufficient or would the priority medium flat rate box be better?

If this post belongs in a better section, please move.

Thank you
    Wants:
    Insomnia S/L
    Joyland S/L

Have:
    Doctor Sleep - CD PC copy
    Very Best of Best New Horror - PC copy
    Smoke and Mirrors - PC copy
    PS Publishing Anniversary editions set

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Which ones? If they’re the double day years ones you may want to separate the art from the folders. There was an issue when cd shipped wherein the artwork damaged the folder pockets.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Padded envelopes may be suitable for Koontz books...everything else needs a box

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsteltor View Post
    In order not to see my name here, what is the best way to ship the CD art portfolios? Would a priority padded envelope be sufficient or would the priority medium flat rate box be better?
    Art separated from folder, and in a box it goes.

sk

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    That's harsh

But I will go with separated art/folder using a box.

Thanks all!
    Wants:
    Insomnia S/L
    Joyland S/L

Have:

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

That's harsh

Thanks all!
    Separate them and place them in a book/comic bag. Tape the bag to a board (cardboard) and place another cardboard over that to make a cardboard 'envelope' to protect the prints. Ship that in a box or another cardboard sleeve for shipment.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    That's harsh

Thanks all!
    Separate them and place them in a book/comic bag. Tape the bag to a board (cardboard) and place another cardboard over that to make a cardboard 'envelope' to protect the prints. Ship that in a box or another cardboard sleeve for shipment.
    This is exactly what I was thinking.
    Wants:
    Insomnia S/L
    Joyland S/L

Have:

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

In order not to see my name here...
    That's a great opening.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Manvilleanvil from Ebay! This may be my personal all time worst! I needed a HUG(GIES) after this! Almost wet my. . . Ok Ok we get it!

seeking: anything DT related #246
    Night Shift Anniversary Ed. (blue skull cover)
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Country
    Country Flag

Packing to end all bad packing conversation. I'll never trust a "0" seller again!

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TnTzDad View Post
    Packing to end all bad packing conversation. I'll never trust a "0" seller again!

Fuck! Rage! The Horror!. . . The Horror!

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And as long as I'm griping about everything - Borderlands. They put those little books in those cheap envelopes with not even a bubble wrap bag. So mine got some minor water damage from all the tropical downpours all day. Argh.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    And as long as I'm griping about everything - Borderlands. They put those little books in those cheap envelopes with not even a bubble wrap bag. So mine got some minor water damage from all the tropical downpours all day. Argh.
    I’m right there with you. I’ve PLEADED with them to send it packed better but no luck.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    I’m right there with you. I’ve PLEADED with them to send it packed better but no luck.
    Cost of Quality packaging seems like a small price to pay considering the cost of unhappy customers, bad word of mouth, and returns on damaged product.

ANYTHING DT Related #246

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    I feel your pain but I've been lucky so far.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Their response:

"we package literally many thousands of little books in that mailer with excellent results. Maybe on out of every thousand suffers any ill effects. If that mailer was causing any signifucant damage rate, we would have ceased using is many years ago. The only thing we cannot control is the poor handling of them by the postal workers.

Please send pic of damage and we will be happy to replace it, We are waiting on a a batch of replacement copies for just such incidents as yours.

BP"

Yeah, right. Blame it on the Post Office. I guess they have unnumbered ones for replacement. And I wonder what the definition of "batch" is. Does something that happens one out of every thousand need a "batch"?

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Their response:

"we package literally many thousands of little books in that mailer with excellent results. Maybe on out of every thousand suffers any ill effects. If that mailer was causing any signifucant damage rate, we would have ceased using is many years ago. The only thing we cannot control is the poor handling of them by the postal workers.

Please send pic of damage and we will be happy to replace it, We are waiting on a a batch of replacement copies for just such incidents as yours.

BP"

Yeah, right. Blame it on the Post Office. I guess they have unnumbered ones for replacement. And I wonder what the definition of "batch" is. Does something that happens one out of every thousand need a "batch"?
    But they can control the poor handling by postal workers. If they protect the books, most issues with handling are mitigated. Also, I am sure it is more then 1/1000. That is just the amount of people who actually bother to complain.

Lately I have had a lot of things arrive in less then perfect condition from Amazon, and I haven't bothered to complain, so I am sure there is a high percentage of issues they never hear about.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

And out of the clear blue this in the e-mail:
    "we are sending you a replacement

please us back the damaged book and we will replace it for you. What email address can we use to paypal you the postage?"

I wrote back and asked them if they were going to send the matching number. I appreciate the thought, and maybe they have a spare they can match the number. Anyway, if I'm going to bash them, I should give them thumbs up when they do right!

Edit: Just got response - "of course"

Happy Camper

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Their response:

BP"

They didn’t replace any damaged Joe Hill books from the last series.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast