Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Packaging Jobs - Shipping issues - Why???

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Hahaha yeah. Economy wouldve been the standard sour cream container

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not a bad packaging issue, but a USPS screw-up. I won the JAS sampler on eBay (actually from a member here). I knew it'd take forever to get here from France, so I didn't get excited about it. When I checked up on the tracking this morning, I realized that it had arrived a week ago, but USPS said it could not be delivered. However they didn't leave me one of those little slips to let me know it was waiting at the post office for me. If I hadn't checked, the damn thing probably would've been sent back across the pond. Stupid post office. I miss my old mailman.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Not a bad packaging issue, but a USPS screw-up. I won the JAS sampler on eBay (actually from a member here). I knew it'd take forever to get here from France, so I didn't get excited about it. When I checked up on the tracking this morning, I realized that it had arrived a week ago, but USPS said it could not be delivered. However they didn't leave me one of those little slips to let me know it was waiting at the post office for me. If I hadn't checked, the damn thing probably would've been sent back across the pond. Stupid post office. I miss my old mailman.
    Lots can be said for a good postal delivery person. Good thing ya checked for sure!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Received this package from UK Amazon today. At some point, the box had to be basically taped back together. All books suffered DJ damage and each corner is bumped in some way or another. As the corners were face down with no protection underneath.

All are 1st impressions bearing 6 snakes and 2 moth variants.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Shit, it looks like amazon outsourced their packaging to Waterstones for that one. That sucks, Brian.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Shit, it looks like amazon outsourced their packaging to Waterstones for that one. That sucks, Brian.
    Thanks, Anthony. Thank God Simon was able to fulfill my request. I placed this order as a back up plan in case Simon was unable to find all the variants. Never again.

I probably should have gone through Book Depositary for the back up plan. Having never gone through them; I'm not sure how well their packaging is either.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Thanks, Anthony. Thank God Simon was able to fulfill my request. I placed this order as a back up plan in case Simon was unable to find all the variants. Never again.

I probably should have gone through Book Depositary for the back up plan. Having never gone through them; I'm not sure how well their packaging is either.
    PRIME packaging standard...
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

[/QUOTE]
    I probably should have gone through Book Depositary for the back up plan. Having never gone through them; I'm not sure how well their packaging is either.[/QUOTE]

BD packaging sucks as well, actually just sent them an email regarding my damaged SB

Country
    Country Flag

I probably should have gone through Book Depositary for the back up plan. Having never gone through them; I'm not sure how well their packaging is either.[/QUOTE]

BD packaging sucks as well, actually just sent them an email regarding my damaged SB
    I'm pretty much done trusting any UK book dealer to do right by packaging. Good thing our UK mates are willing to take the time our of their busy lives to help feed our addictions.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

:[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty much done trusting any UK book dealer to do right by packaging. Good thing our UK mates are willing to take the time our of their busy lives to help feed our addictions.[/QUOTE]

Yep, without them...we'd be in trouble

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

:

I'm pretty much done trusting any UK book dealer to do right by packaging. Good thing our UK mates are willing to take the time our of their busy lives to help feed our addictions.

yeah... I need some of those UK mates...
    I just got my UK amazon order for my 2 copies of sleeping beauty... totally trashed, tears to the jackets, dents on the book corners... Amazon has the worst packaging ever - no padding, and the so call box looks like something my dog ate and shit out.
    so disappointed

Country
    Country Flag

This is what my US edition inscribed by Owen arrived in from Oblong. After specially requesting that it be bubbled wrapped and properly packaged due to Dez's copies having arrived damaged.

Only wrapped in brown paper and nothing to keep it from sliding around. 3 corners slightly bumped and the DJ curled up pretty good on the back. I actually replaced the DJ with the one off my BCE. Out of all the SBs I've received so far, my BCE is the only one that as arrived in F/F condition. Just lucky there as it was packaged like the Waterstones'

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    :

yeah... I need some of those UK mates...
    I just got my UK amazon order for my 2 copies of sleeping beauty... totally trashed, tears to the jackets, dents on the book corners... Amazon has the worst packaging ever - no padding, and the so call box looks like something my dog ate and shit out.
    so disappointed
    Sorry to hear, Terry but after what I received, doesn't surprise me at all.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is what my US edition inscribed by Owen arrived in from Oblong. After specially requesting that it be bubbled wrapped and properly packaged due to Dez's copies having arrived damaged.

Only wrapped in brown paper and nothing to keep it from sliding around. 3 corners slightly bumped and the DJ curled up pretty good on the back. I actually replaced the DJ with the one off my BCE. Out of all the SBs I've received so far, my BCE is the only one that as arrived in F/F condition. Just lucky there as it was packaged like the Waterstones'

Oh no! Guess I shouldn't hold out too much hope for the replacement copy. Damn. What is wrong with these places?

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty much done trusting any UK book dealer to do right by packaging.
    Thumbs up for PS Publishing though!!

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

sk
    Publishing being the key word there as I don't really consider them to be a book dealer. Although they do sell other publishers books as many small publishers do. But you expect these guys to be on their game especially. Never ordered from them direct so can't say first hand about them either way.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

sk
    Actually, my first two orders from PS were poorly packaged and both arrived damaged (at least two years ago), but they have improved fantastically and my last few orders over the past year were packed perfectly.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Oh no! Guess I shouldn't hold out too much hope for the replacement copy. Damn. What is wrong with these places?
    I wouldn't hold my breath, Dez. I didn't even think to ask Water Street if they would have signed/inscribed copies from Owen.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I recently bought a copy of IT on ebay.

Here is how the seller packaged the book:

Country
    Country Flag

Laziness

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I recently bought a copy of IT on ebay.

Here is how the seller packaged the book:

Wow how do you advertise a book using condition as a factor, how fine it is, and then put it in the mail in a plastic bag? What an asshole. Was the book damaged?
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Luckily (not by the seller's skill ) the book was fine. He wrapped the book in a thin layer of foam, so there was no damage at all. I'll post some pics in the Pride and Joy thread. It really is a beautiful copy. But the book could easily have been damaged and thus ruin what is a difficult book to find in NF++ condition.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I did leave the seller neutral feedback, noting poor packaging for a valuable book, and that only luck kept it undamaged.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I bought the Danse Macbre off him. Hope mine gets here safe. Only wanted it mainly for the DJ for my inscribed one
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I'll tell you what's even more stranger than fiction.

Bought a Gunslinger 2nd off ABE. As surmised, came in a padded envelope and arrived with 2 bumped corners. Called the bookstore ( Kazoo Books LLC) and informed them of the damage and requested a return for a full refund. Turns out it was the bookstore owner that packaged the book! A few days ago the return tracking shows delivered. Called the next day, was told will get a return call, nothing. Called again the next day and was put through to the owner. She was reticent which I thought was odd as we had established the return and refund. She mentioned something about checking with the 'internet person' coming in a few days. Ok then....she said she has to check the book? Even more odd she said it come with something else and insinuated that the book returned was not the book purchased? WTF? It did come with something else not present before! 2 additional bumps! Again, this is from the hapless bookstore owner that threw a Fine Grant Gunslinger 2nd in a padded envelope.

Will update on development. I need to take a walk around the block to cool off...
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast