Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Packaging Jobs - Shipping issues - Why???

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am so blessed with never having an issue since I stopped buying from Ebay. That was 4 years ago...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    $15 BIN, $4 shipping. No mention of DJ price, and seller has too high of volume to answer questions., but very liberal retusrn policy (including return shipping):
    Stephen King. Misery. 1987. 1st edition. Fine in fine jacket.
    It is a true first. Unfortunately he shipped it in a box without any bubble wrap or peanuts. Both corners of the front board got bumped.

On the positive side, I contacted the seller, and he is refunding the money and said I can keep the book.

In the future, copy this quote, and post it to the ADD A MESSAGE option Paypal gives you:

Please ship in a sturdy cardboard box big enough to allow for at least two inches of padding (foam peanuts, bubblewrap, etc) on all sides of the book. Please pack tightly so book can't move at all once box is sealed. Condition is VERY important to me. Thanx

It will show up in their Paypal email like this:

Anything longer than what I have written above will be cut off.

And then, just to drive the point home, I send a separate message through ebay with a slightly longer version of the note:

Please ship in a sturdy cardboard box big enough to allow for at least two inches of padding (foam peanuts, bubblewrap, etc) on all sides of the book. Please pack tightly so book can't move at all once box is sealed. Condition is VERY important to me. Feedback will be left upon receipt. Thank you.
    And this is why I do the above.

I just bought a $50 book, and sent the seller the above message in both the Paypal payment, and seperately via ebay messaging. Here is the response I got:

It's already bubble wrapped and packed in a padded shipping envelope. I'll repack and void shipping label and reprint new label and get it in the mail tomorrow.

I just saved myself a lot of aggravation. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I just received a signed/limited hardcover from one of the biggest small press outfits, and it arrived surprisingly and disappointingly in a cardboard envelope. Yes, it was also in a thin bubble wrap envelope inside the cardboard envelope, and, no, it fortunately was not damaged so I'm not complaining per se, but this is still the first occasion that I can recall where a major small press publisher sent a somewhat spendy book in anything other than the standard, protective cardboard box. Hope this is not a sign of things to come from this publisher, since based on previous experiences with the USPS, I tend to think the lack of damage was due more to luck this time around than anything else. Frankly, this is the kind of packaging I would expect from megalithic Amazon with its free shipping offer, not from a renowned small press that certainly charges its customers for its Media Mail shipping and shipping materials.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

That's discouraging to say the least. I can't help but be curious as to what small press this is in reference to...
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I'm not trying to be coy, but just didn't think it was particularly appropriate to name the publisher since the book was not damaged. It was also the first time this publisher has sent a book to me in this disappointing manner, so I am inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume (against all reason) that it must have been a mistake. I have a few more books on pre-order with them, so I suppose time will tell.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

3?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

5 - Infinity.

Lets just stop.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    For the win folks... for the win.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, not exactly a big ticket item, (Nightmares in the Sky), but still sad excuse for packaging:

Used a collapsed box as an "envelope". No packing material (other then a plastic bag) inside:

Note, the open gaps:

Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yea, that's a beaut.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't fathom why anyone would think that's okay :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

And for today's lesson on how not to pack books, here's a scene from an episode of Hawaii Five-O.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I ordered two copies of the UK limited Charlie The Choo Choo. They arrived today.

The limited prints are okay. I've emailed Waterstone's to see about replacements.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I ordered two copies of the UK limited Charlie The Choo Choo. They arrived today.

The limited prints are okay. I've emailed Waterstone's to see about replacements.

When i saw that you posted here, i knew there was trouble with your charlie the choos choos.

They told me they had no replacements to give. I bet that is why we are all getting delayed books. Too sad.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like a dog went to town on those books... holy crap!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

My goodness. I don't think I've seen one that bad before. Looks like something drove over it. What a bummer.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, my God. Are those tyre marks across the box?

If you have no luck with replacements, just let me know, Brian.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Good gravy, dude. That is awful. Wish you luck securing replacements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Gee - it look as if yours and mine were mating. No luck from Waterstones' regarding replacements. There are non - it's sold out. I did send them my pictures and they are giving me a full refund. So now I have two severely damaged slipcases, one severely damaged book, one book with a severely bumped corner, and two pristine prints (815 and 769 in case anyone wants for matching purposes) that are not even signed my the real Beryl Evans. Anyone looking for move a pristine one of their own?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Oh, my God. Are those tyre marks across the box?

If you have no luck with replacements, just let me know, Brian.
    I think it is a tire mark.

I might be contacting you if Glen is correct in that they have no replacements.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast