Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Music - Nomination & Discussion Thread #5 (1965-1969)

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can't second right now (c'mon people, listen to a few of the as-yet unseconded tracks and pick one you like!), but I guess I can nominate...

my all-time favorite Beach Boys song (and I love the Beach Boys!)

The Beach Boys -- Help Me Rhonda (1965)

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Can't second right now (c'mon people, listen to a few of the as-yet unseconded tracks and pick one you like!), but I guess I can nominate...

my all-time favorite Beach Boys song (and I love the Beach Boys!)

The Beach Boys -- Help Me Rhonda (1965)
    Seconded.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

More Beach Boys needed....

The Beach Boys - Sloop John B (1966)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Gimme Shelter" seconded.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    More Beach Boys needed....

The Beach Boys - Sloop John B (1966)

Second.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Johnny Rivers - Secret Agent Man (1966)

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Johnny Rivers - Secret Agent Man (1966)
    Seconded

Country
    Country Flag

"Papa's Got a Brand New Bag" seconded

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Doors - Light My Fire (1967)
    2nd.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue (1969)
    Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

nominating:

Diana Ross & The Supremes -- Love Child (1968)

Country
    Country Flag

"Love Child" seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

Ok, shilling for a couple of secondings...

The Fireballs -- Bottle of Wine (1967)
    Just click it! Check it out if you don't recognize the title. A fun little song! Bottle of Wine; Fruit of the Vine; When you gonna let me get so-ber? Leave me alone; Let me go home. Let me go home and start o-ver.

It's like the national anthem for drunks!

The Mamas & the Papas -- Creeque Alley (1967)
    IMO, the best song from arguably one of the most influential groups of the '60s. They had a great sound, and this song features some of their best harmonies.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

The Mamas & the Papas -- Creeque Alley (1967)
    2nd
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

The Temptations - My Girl (1965)
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

"I'll be down in two shakes of a lamb's tail."

Dusty Springfield - Son of a Preacher Man (1968)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    The Temptations - My Girl (1965)
    Would love to second it, but it came out in 1964: http://www.45cat.com/record/g7038

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love (1967)

Some many great songs in this 5 year period. Hard to pick one to nominate.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    "I'll be down in two shakes of a lamb's tail."

Dusty Springfield - Son of a Preacher Man (1968)

Second

Country
    Country Flag

Monique & Les Tridents - Stalactite (1966)
    Was not familiar with this one; but I'm on board. Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

And now for something completely different (but certainly awesome):

Ennio Morricone -- The Ecstasy of Gold (1966)

the above is the original version. For more awesomeness, listen to these interpretations:

full orchestra
    (this is probalby the best version I've ever come across)

Elena House (16-year-old Amerasian girl)
    (raw, but very impressive)

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for seconding "Stalactite"! Such an amazing little tune and pretty much unknown This is also a main point of this this, to discover great music, as well as hear well-known great tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love (1967)

Some many great songs in this 5 year period. Hard to pick one to nominate.
    Indeed, indeed. Very much seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

Paul Mauriat - Love is Blue (1967)

Would love to second it, but it came out in 1964: http://www.45cat.com/record/g7038
    I'll move it to the appropriate thread. Nominate this instead:

The Four Tops - Reach Out (I'll Be There) (1966)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit (1967)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast