Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: jcmanske

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love the Firestarter set, congrats. (The others are nice too).
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Great new stuff! The Firestarter collection is top-notch (also a goal of mine)

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Sweet adds, Jeff!
    Thanks, Brian!

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    All great stuff, but you're giving King carpal tunnel syndrome from signing all those books!
    I love your sense of humor and you have been amassing a great collection, too!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    That is some kick ass stuff you just posted. Congrats on all your new stuff. The Fire Starter collection from Suntup and your completed set for all 4 dates is also very cool. I have one so far. Maybe I will try to do the same some day. But I have other fish to fry first, and some that are all ready on the pan. But that's a great list you just posted.
    I appreciate the comments and I'm excited to have put together the Firestarter S/L set to accompany the Dragon Rebound Firestarter. I'd love to have a copy of the Lettered some day, but I'm afraid it's out of my reach. Like you said, I have other fish to fry first.

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Fantastic additions, and I love those inscriptions. (That omnibus spoke to me too, and I had my eye on it for a long while as well). Congratulations.
    Thanks, peri! I really wanted the Omnibus because it's the type of thing you never see signed and most would never bring something like that to a signing. I'm happy to have it in the collection.

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    Love the Firestarter set, congrats. (The others are nice too).
    Many thanks, racer! It took a while and some quality funds to put together, but I can stop my obsessive checking of copies of the Firestarter S/L I see for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Great new stuff! The Firestarter collection is top-notch (also a goal of mine)
    Thanks! It's a fun quest and I think you'll enjoy putting them together. They look cool sitting on the shelf!

2018 has started off with an unexpected "bang" to both my collection and my bank account: additions to the collections and subtractions from the bank account. While I planned to step somewhat slowly into the New Year, too many unique and rare items keeping showing up for sale. Collecting proofs/manuscripts is one of my favorite areas of interest when it comes to King and is incredibly challenging. I particularly go crazy when I have the opportunity to pick up a signed proof or manuscript. Here's what I picked up from a member here who is selling some of his King collection:

Signed black and white trade cover The Stand (Complete and Uncut) Proof

Signed The Regulators (2 Vol.) Comb binding Manuscript

Signed The Green Mile Contest Proof: (Vol. 1) The Two Dead Girls

While acquiring these was a big stretch, I knew if I didn't jump on them that I'd probably never have the chance to add them to my collection again. Hopefully, the plasma center is still open so I can raise some funds to purchase whatever Suntup is offering on February 8th!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

WOW,
    That is some killer stuff you just posted. Having all that signed stuff must be really cool. I have one more coming my way when this my current CC bill is payed off then we shall see. I hope I can get what Paul is putting up also. Not to muddy up your thread, but in a few days, I have some stuff to post as well. Plus, David said that he is posting some stuff tomorrow. Sometimes the stuff comes really fast and it's impossible to get EVERYTHING. But your stuff just keeps on getting better and better.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

All I'll be posting in the near future is congratulations on your new acquisitions. Especially those REGULATORS manuscripts.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Holy hell... Every time I drop by here, mind = blown. That Regulators manuscript signed! The Stand Uncut proof signed!! Just incredible stuff... Congratulations, and it's great that these items are staying among dedicated collectors here in the DT.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great grabs!! The Stand Uncut proof is one of my favorites - I love the look of it. And signed - wow!!

I think you made a wise decision - you could have gone a long, long time without seeing any of those items again.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Superamazing new stuff, BIG CONGRATS !!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice scores, Jeff!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing manuscripts! Congratulations.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Some very desirable items there. Congratulations.

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

During the start of 2018, I have focused on adding to my proof and manuscript collection. Fortunately, some tough ones to find have hit the marketplace and the competition for rare proofs/manuscripts doesn't seem to be as competitive as in the past. Also, I stumbled into a great deal along the way as well. Here's the new additions:

Skeleton Crew U.S. Proof

The Outsider U.S. Proof I've seen a few of these pop up, but not too many. It's still tough to gauge how rare this one might be.

Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass Unbound Manuscript I picked this one up from a member here and some of you may have seen it. It is a copy of the unbound manuscript from Donald M. Grant, Publisher, Inc. to Locus magazine. Unfortunately, it appears that someone spilled a cup of coffee heavily laden with sugar on the corner of the manuscript. So far, I have been able to carefully separate all of the pages and get rid of most of the sugar. My plan is to take it to a paper conservator at the University of Texas and see if they can clean it up further. From what I can tell, this is an extremely rare manuscript and is the only known copy in that I can't find another copy after going through the SK Proofs thread or looking through the catalogue. Doesn't mean there isn't another one out there, but if there is a reference to it, then it isn't readily available.

From A Buick 8 Bound Manuscript Previously, there was believed to be one known copy of this manuscript, but I recently stumbled on a second copy and am very happy to add this extremely rare one to my collection.

That's it for now, but always on the prowl.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That is some killer killer stuff you picked up. I don't know how everybody finds these nice rare items. I guess I need to get better at my detective work. But really, some great proofs you have there.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just FYI, I own a Grant Wizard and Glass manuscript. I don't have a picture, though, and it's with my collection at home, so I don't have access to it.

Congratulations on the new acquisitions!

John

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Amazing!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great gets, Jeff! Any plans on reading The Outsider proof?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    That is some killer killer stuff you picked up. I don't know how everybody finds these nice rare items. I guess I need to get better at my detective work. But really, some great proofs you have there.
    Thanks, Mike! I wish I were less obsessive!

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Just FYI, I own a Grant Wizard and Glass manuscript. I don't have a picture, though, and it's with my collection at home, so I don't have access to it.

Congratulations on the new acquisitions!

John
    Thanks for the info and the good wishes! I need to go back through your thread and check out all the proofs.

Amazing!
    Thanks, Steve! I've enjoyed looking through your collection thread, too.

Great gets, Jeff! Any plans on reading The Outsider proof?
    I appreciate the note, Brian. As much as I want to read the Outsider, I'm going to keep it unread. Ugh!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Some fantastic pickups, Jeff!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BIG BIG BIG CONGRATS Jeff !!!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Proofs, and manuscripts and coffee, oh my!

Great acquisitions! I hope you can get that DT4 manuscript restored - please post pics if you do!

Country
    Country Flag

Like so many, I really enjoy the quest of hunting for proofs and seeing if I can acquire as many as my budget and their availability will allow. Recently, I picked up the following:

FDNS Scribner (U.S.) 1st state proof with letter Like JonP has said, the FDNS proofs are pretty elusive and tough to find. I'm still searching for the white tape spine FDNS.

Blockade Billy White wrappers proof This is an extremely hard to find proof and it is was the only one of the CD bound proofs I did not have (I am missing some of the unbound proofs). I'm happy to add this one to the collection!

More to come . . .

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Lovely to see Jeff.
    Containing the two specifics you need.
    Rarity and condition.
    Beautiful items, congratulations.

Love 'em both, especially that BLOCKADE BILLY. No wait, I like the FDNS better...No, wait...

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Jeff!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alec View Post
    Lovely to see Jeff.
    Containing the two specifics you need.
    Rarity and condition.
    Beautiful items, congratulations.
    Thank you, Alec! Finding rare items in fine condition and enjoying the experience is what is all about.

Love 'em both, especially that BLOCKADE BILLY. No wait, I like the FDNS better...No, wait...
    Thanks for the comments! I'm not sure which I like better either because I have been searching for both for a while, but I think I'm going to have to go with the White cover Blockade Billy because they are so rarely available for sale.

Congrats, Jeff!
    Much appreciated, Brian!

A couple of other bound manuscripts which are very hard to find also arrived this week. I have been surprised that so many rare proofs and manuscripts have remained available for sale for such an extended period. I realize that they are an acquired taste and rarely signed by King, but they are one of my favorite parts of collecting King because of their scarcity, fragility and variety. Plus, like all collectors, it's also about the thrill of the hunt. I also enjoy browsing through the old collection threads and seeing if I can track a particular copies ownership history. The ones below look like they started out in Olverts collection, moved to MP, and now to me where they will hopefully reside for a good while.

Storm of the Century Bound Manuscript with CaseTGWLTG Bound Manuscript with Case

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast