Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: jcmanske

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Well, it sure beats jumping off roofs.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Recently, I was fortunate enough to win the auction for the Haven Fund fundraiser featuring the King signed 1st/1st Desperation uniquely remarqued and signed by Don Maitz. I really wanted to acquire this one because I had a couple of the other King signed/Maitz remarqued Gift editions which were offered in prior Haven Fund fundraisers. I love the art that Don did on the page block and that King inscribed it "Tak!":

I also recently received this cool promo piece from ABC's 1997 mini-series of "The Shining." It's something I haven't seen before and I'm happy it's still sealed:

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing! Congratulations, Jeff.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BIG CONGRATS JEFF !!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NICE BROTHER!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Jeff!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are great! Congrats Jeff!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Awesome scores, Jeff!

P.S. Package was finally mailed this morning
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I like that SHINING promo package. I've never seen that either.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Whoa!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Amazing! Congratulations, Jeff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    BIG CONGRATS JEFF !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    NICE BROTHER!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Congrats Jeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Those are great! Congrats Jeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Wow! Awesome scores, Jeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I like that SHINING promo package. I've never seen that either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Whoa!!!!!!
    Thanks for the good words, gentlemen! Always exciting to add something new to the collection. It seems to be a never ending journey.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

What an awesome Desperation. Nicely done!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome. And a rare DATED recent signature ...

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't updated my thread in my several months and thought I'd add a couple of things I've picked up since my last posts. First, here are a few proofs I've acquired:

CD's The Shining Inter-office, ARC and unbound proofs

These are always hard to acquire, but my goal is collect the entire set for the CD Doubleday edition.

Bag of Bones Bound Manuscript

The Fireman(Yellow-edged proof signed by Joe Hill.

BIG thank you to member jonp for making the effort and taking the time to get this one signed for me during Joe's recent UK tour for Strange Weather. We have great members on this forum. I'll post more later.

I want that SHINING unbound proof.
    Please give it to me.
    Thank you.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sweet!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Proofs!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

how do you say.................... SCORE? haha nice buddy!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome Collection! You have some rare books about Stephen King and his books.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I want that SHINING unbound proof.
    Please give it to me.
    Thank you.
    Thanks for the great reaction and I can understand your desire for it. I think I'll hang on to it

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Sweet!
    Thanks, Brian!

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Very nice Proofs!
    Proof collecting is one of my favorite parts about collecting King. However, too many proofs and not enough $$$. But, I will continue the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    how do you say.................... SCORE? haha nice buddy!
    Thanks, Kris! It's always exciting to pick up new items. I see that you are close on all the S/Ls. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    Awesome Collection! You have some rare books about Stephen King and his books.
    Pixie, thanks for perusing the thread. I just picked up a few more books about King. Very recently, I stumbled onto several books about King that are from the collection of Tim Underwood, who edited several books about King. It was represented to me that these were his copies of the books he edited with Chuck Miller. While they may not be for everyone (except Stroppygoblin who loves these like I do), I think they are pretty cool:

Lettered "A" Stephen King Goes to the Movies/Bare Bones No. 1/Kingdom of Fear No. 1

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Jeff, loving the A and 1's

The Lettered SK Goes to Hollywood was a tough one to find, it doesn't show up very often. Here is my little collection of Underwood/Millers:

From left to right... Fear Itself Trade, Fear Itself S/L (#225), SK Goes to Hollywood (Letter N), Kingdom of Fear (#114), Reign of Fear (Letter G), Feast of Fear (Letter H), Bare Bones (PC), Bare Bones (#316)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, interesting that your Kingdom of Fear has a blue slipcase - mine is Red...

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a bit envious of those CD Shining proofs. Congrats!

John

Love those U/Ms!

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love the CD proofs - very cool acquisition.

Good luck with the rest of the set!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast