Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Music - Nomination & Discussion Thread #4 (1960-1964)

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is quite an impressive vocalization. Guy goes all-out. I find myself watching this over and over.

The Karl Denver Trio -- Wimoweh (1961)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lesley Gore - It's My Party (1963)

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Let us not forget this awesome one!

Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy (1963)

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Lesley Gore - It's My Party (1963)
    2nd
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Contours - Do You Love Me (1962)

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Yes.
    Seconded.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Let us not forget this awesome one!

Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy (1963)
    Thank you for thinking to nominate this. Seconded!

Guys, here's a pretty cool article about how Dion created "Runaround Sue".

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-stor...sue-1452616310

Country
    Country Flag

I'm surprised "Monster Mash" is not getting a second on a King forum! It's the Halloween song!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I'm surprised "Monster Mash" is not getting a second on a King forum! It's the Halloween song!
    I'll second Monster Mash.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! I know it's kooky and won't go far but I love it.

Country
    Country Flag

Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

I'll make a pitch for a couple of secondings. I nominated some fun and interesting songs that may or may not get seconded (I think #s 2, 4, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 22, 26, 27, and 29 from Pablo's master list are all mine, and some good stuff in all that!); but the two I'm surprised have not been seconded are Crying (Roy Orbison) and Blue Velvet (Bobby Vinton).

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Seconded.
    That's a third! I was shocked it still was not nominated.

Country
    Country Flag

Who Put the Bomp (in the Bomp, Bomp, Bomp) -- Barry Mann (1961)

Country
    Country Flag

David Rose - The Stripper (1962)

I'll make a pitch for a couple of secondings. I nominated some fun and interesting songs that may or may not get seconded (I think #s 2, 4, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 22, 26, 27, and 29 from Pablo's master list are all mine, and some good stuff in all that!); but the two I'm surprised have not been seconded are Crying (Roy Orbison) and Blue Velvet (Bobby Vinton).
    There are just so many good ones to second that I always have a hard time choosing!
    For now, I want to second

Roy Orbison - Crying

Who Put the Bomp (in the Bomp, Bomp, Bomp) -- Barry Mann (1961)
    2nd

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Fats Domino - I Hear You Knocking (1961)

Country
    Country Flag

Chubby Checker - The Twist (1960)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Chubby Checker - The Twist (1960)
    2ND

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Brothers Four - The Green Leaves of Summer (1960)

Country
    Country Flag

The Justin Bieber of 1960?

Bobby Rydell - Volare (1960)

Garnett Mimms - Baby Don't You Weep (1963)

Country
    Country Flag

The Tokens - The Lion Sleeps Tonight (1961)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast