Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Music - Nomination & Discussion Thread #4 (1960-1964)

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gene Pitney -- The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962)

Interestingly, this was to be the main title theme for the John Wayne/Jimmy Stewart/Lee Marvin (absolutely classic) movie, but was not actually used in the film.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

solomon burke - if you need me (1963)

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Gene Pitney -- The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962)

Interestingly, this was to be the main title theme for the John Wayne/Jimmy Stewart/Lee Marvin (absolutely classic) movie, but was not actually used in the film.
    I can dig it SECOND

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Marketts - Out of Limits (1963)

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Patsy Cline -- I Fall to Pieces (1961)

I'm going to second this if I get the chance!

Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time (1962)

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock (1962)

Country
    Country Flag

I can't second yet, either, but I can nominate...

Peter, Paul, and Mary -- Puff, the Magic Dragon (1963)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

from the album Bernstein plays Brubeck plays Bernstein released in 1960

The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Maria (1960)
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time (1962)
    Seconded

Country
    Country Flag

The Beach Boys - I Get Around (1964)

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    The Beach Boys - I Get Around (1964)
    Seconded.

2nd

Country
    Country Flag

I can't second yet, either, but I can nominate...

Peter, Paul, and Mary -- Puff, the Magic Dragon (1963)
    Seconded

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Surf's up, bitchez!

Dick Dale and His Del-Tones - Shake 'n' Stomp (1961)
    Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

This is a very clever, almost novelty, song that I heard on the radio only once. I doubt anyone here is familiar with it. Basically, the song mimics the styles of several popular groups and songs of the day, and riffs on them by changing the lyrics.

The songs and groups parodied here are The Fleetwoods (Mr. Blue), the Hollywood Argyles (Alley Oop), the Platters (Smoke gets in Your Eyes), the Four Freshmen (In This Whole Wide World), the Kingston Trio (Tom Dooley) and Dion and the Belmonts (A Teenager in Love).

Whether this gets seconded or not, it is worth a listen to get a few smiles.

The Four Preps -- More Money for You and Me (1960)

Country
    Country Flag

Still need to keep this going, folks, 29 more seconded tracks are required!

The Who - I Can't Explain (1964)

Excellent song!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent song!

2nd

That make us even on Molly Hatchet? LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Excellent song!

2nd

Well...almost

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Excellent song!

2nd

Well...almost

LOL LOL Go second "Morris Day & The Motherfucking Time"!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I nominate:

The Drifters -Under the Boardwalk (1964)
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I nominate:

The Drifters -Under the Boardwalk (1964)
    Seconded

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast