Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Music - Nomination & Discussion Thread #4 (1960-1964)

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me (1960)
    2nd
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Ronny and The Daytonas - GTO (1964)
    I see you love beach/surf/car music as much as I do.

Seconded.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bobby Vinton's first hit:

Bobby Vinton -- Roses Are Red (My Love) (1962)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Yup, which is why I'm surprised to see this still not nominated:

Dick Dale and His Del-Tones - Miserlou (1962)

There are so many different versions by Dick Dale from '62, at least three. This one made very famous by "Pulp Fiction", but also:

this

and this

Country
    Country Flag

All three of those are great. I even love the "shitty Pulp Fiction version" LOL.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All three of those are great. I even love the "shitty Pulp Fiction version" LOL.
    Well, I'm nominating the "shitty" Pulp Fiction version

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Shelly Fabares - Johnny Angel (1962)
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I'm nominating the "shitty" Pulp Fiction version
    I know, and I love it. But the person who You-tubed your second clip put that comment in the header for the video, so I was riffing on that.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yup, which is why I'm surprised to see this still not nominated:

Dick Dale and His Del-Tones - Miserlou (1962)

There are so many different versions by Dick Dale from '62, at least three. This one made very famous by "Pulp Fiction", but also:

this

and this
    I was just coming here to nominate this one, so I'll second it instead
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Nominate this great doo-wop cover:

The Marcels -- Blue Moon (1961)

Country
    Country Flag

Was surprised to learn this was actually released as a single, in addition to the OST:

Ann-Margaret - Bye Bye Birdie (1963)

Country
    Country Flag

Nominate this great doo-wop cover:

The Marcels -- Blue Moon (1961)
    Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome! There are many more surf classics, so hard to choose, how about this one:

The Tornadoes - Bustin' Surfboards (1962)
    Seconded.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Otis Redding - These Arms Of Mine (1962)

Country
    Country Flag

Almost a novelty cover, but tell me this is not a catchy tune!

The Fendermen -- Mule Skinner Blues (1960)

Country
    Country Flag

Hold the hell up, how is this still not nominated?

Booker T. and the MGs - Green Onions (1962)

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hold the hell up, how is this still not nominated?

Booker T. and the MGs - Green Onions (1962)
    Seconded. Hard!

Country
    Country Flag

Matt Monro - From Russia With Love (1963)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Édith Piaf - Musique à tout va (1962)

for some reason, bears fail to insert videos
    totally forgot how it is done

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    for some reason, bears fail to insert videos
    totally forgot how it is done
    Fixed it for you, Jean. Just use the template from the first post.

Country
    Country Flag

The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go (1964)

Country
    Country Flag

Petula Clark -- Downtown (1964)

Country
    Country Flag

Petula Clark -- Downtown (1964)
    Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Édith Piaf - Musique à tout va (1962)

Sure. Never heard of this, but I liked it. Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

Ray Charles - Georgia On My Mind (1960)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast