Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Music - Nomination & Discussion Thread #4 (1960-1964)

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' (1964)
    Seconded.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    I can't second quite yet, but I can nominate...

B. Bumble & The Stingers -- Bumble Boogie (1961)

Sometimes I put that on a loop and listen to it over and over, I like it that much.
    Seconded.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here's a catchy song I've always really liked. Miss March was only 14 when she recorded this.

Little Peggy March -- I Will Folllow Him (1963)

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Here's a catchy song I've always really liked. Miss March was only 14 when she recorded this.

Little Peggy March -- I Will Folllow Him (1963)
    second
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Del Shannon - Runaway (1961)
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How about some more awesome early '60s teen pop:

The Shangri-Las - Leader of the Pack (1964)

Country
    Country Flag

The movie Mulholland Dr. introduced me to this great tune:

Linda Scott -- I've Told Every Little Star (1961)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Del Shannon - Runaway (1961)
    Seconded!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Link Wray - The Shadow Knows (1964)
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    How about some more awesome early '60s teen pop:

The Shangri-Las - Leader of the Pack (1964)
    2nd

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I was thinking of nominating Leader of the Pack as well.

Dion - Runaround Sue (1961)

Just for fun, here is the song in one of my favorite movies from my childhood:

Little Big League
    Last edited by Joe315; 12-16-2015 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Wrong movie title.

Country
    Country Flag

I think someone mentioned The Ventures earlier? Here we go:

The Ventures - Walk, Don't Run (1960)

Country
    Country Flag

I think someone mentioned The Ventures earlier? Here we go:

The Ventures - Walk, Don't Run (1960)
    That was me. And YES! Seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

Linda Scott -- I've Told Every Little Star (1961)
    So '60s, love it. Seconded.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Something festive....

Darlene Love - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) (1963)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

Rookie of the Year
    2nd

Also, that's Little Big League not Rookie of the year.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

Rookie of the Year
    2nd

Also, that's Little Big League not Rookie of the year.
    You're right. Fixed.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm shocked this hasn't been nominated yet - but then surf music appears to not be doing so hot thus far (come on, Penetration is a sick tune) which is so sad:

The Chantays - Pipeline (1962)
    Has this been seconded yet? If not, here it is.

Country
    Country Flag

The movie Mulholland Dr. also introduced me to this great tune:

Connie Stevens -- Sixteen Reasons (1960)

Nothing to see here; move along.

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like "Sixteen Reasons" was released in December 1959: http://www.45cat.com/record/5137us

Country
    Country Flag

Ok; my bad. I'll move it when I can nominate again in that thread.

Country
    Country Flag

Let's try this:

Roy Orbison -- Only the Lonely (1960)

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Let's try this:

Roy Orbison -- Only the Lonely (1960)
    That's straight up seconded.

Country
    Country Flag

Ronny and The Daytonas - GTO (1964)

Country
    Country Flag

The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me (1960)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast