Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Comics TV shows

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts on the musical episode?

While I was familiar with a lot of the actors' singing talents in the past (Barry, Kara, Music Meister from Glee, Joe from Rent, the nerdy guy from Supergirl from Smash, Cisco from some online videos, and Merlyn from everything) it still impressed me to see so much talent in one place. And while I liked the majority of the songs and scenes, the episode felt a little flat to me. Forced. And I LOVE musicals. It was closer to the Buffy musical episode in terms of enjoyment, rather than the Grey's Anatomy musical episode, which was pure perfection.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Thoughts on the musical episode?

While I was familiar with a lot of the actors' singing talents in the past (Barry, Kara, Music Meister from Glee, Joe from Rent, the nerdy guy from Supergirl from Smash, Cisco from some online videos, and Merlyn from everything) it still impressed me to see so much talent in one place. And while I liked the majority of the songs and scenes, the episode felt a little flat to me. Forced. And I LOVE musicals. It was closer to the Buffy musical episode in terms of enjoyment, rather than the Grey's Anatomy musical episode, which was pure perfection.
    It felt like crossover for crossover's sake, not crossover for story's sake. It's actually my biggest gripe with the whole Arrowverse, they really under use these crossovers and the characters that exist in the Arrowverse. Just take Legends of Tomorrow for example, Thon should be unstoppable on that show because the Legends are completely ill equipped to handle a speedster. So while I love the Arrowverse as a whole I do feel like they use the crossovers incorrectly then along the same lines they are also just too full of filler episodes that do nothing to move the story along. Though that's really just a problem with most of American TV in general.

That said I enjoyed the episode enough, and this week's episode of Arrow was great.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't a huge fan of the musical episode. I agree it felt forced... it seemed like they wanted a musical episode and figured out how to make it happen.

Really like the new Arrow episode though. I think it went into a bit of a lull last season with him trying to train a crew, but it's picked up recently.

Was never able to get into LoT. Was very excited for the premier, but after a couple episodes I kept finding other things to do besides watch the new episode and eventually gave up.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Legends of Tomorrow is a decent time filler, and for me, a lot of that has to do Caity Lotz. I'd watch her in anything, lol.

Oh, and Wentworth Miller ... He's awesome. But the new fake Colossus guy and the girl who always (ALWAYS) turns into a gorilla ... They just aren't up to par for me.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm gonna wait until all current seasons are up on Netflix to do my usual binge with the intertwined order, but I'm really looking forward to Legends especially, since I loved how the last season ended with that JSA moment. I was so excited!

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Legends of Tomorrow is a decent time filler, and for me, a lot of that has to do Caity Lotz. I'd watch her in anything, lol.

Oh, and Wentworth Miller ... He's awesome. But the new fake Colossus guy and the girl who always (ALWAYS) turns into a gorilla ... They just aren't up to par for me.
    I agree about Legends. Catiy Lotz is good, but Wentworth Miller and Arthur Darvill made the show for me. Probably why I didn't enjoy the first half of this season as much as the first season.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thought I was going to really hate this episode, because anytime Barry gets around Supergirl, the writers turn him into a teenager, and because I like Flash, not Glee, and because the whole premise of the episode was lame, but there was a little bit of story in the episode and I was able to make fun of the song numbers. Barry singing to Iris at the end was one of the worst things I've ever seen on tv. Please don't crossover with these two ever again.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Thought I was going to really hate this episode, because anytime Barry gets around Supergirl, the writers turn him into a teenager, and because I like Flash, not Glee, and because the whole premise of the episode was lame, but there was a little bit of story in the episode and I was able to make fun of the song numbers. Barry singing to Iris at the end was one of the worst things I've ever seen on tv. Please don't crossover with these two ever again.
    I don't mind the Supergirl crossovers, I just don't want another musical episode. Honestly makes me glad I watch these things on VOD so I can skip through to relevant parts. I mostly just wish the crossovers had more "weight". They always seem like just filler and never really have anything to do with the main plot of the show.

What did everyone think of the Legends of Tomorrow finale?

Spoiler:
    I liked it well enough, but it seemed kinda odd to me for them to kill off the Reverse Flash. Though I'm sure they'll contrive some way to bring him back for either Flash or Legends (just not as the main villain). Other than that I really hope the Rip Hunter character isn't leaving the show for good. He's probably one of the best parts of the show for me and you could really feel his absence for the first half of this season.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That looks pretty good!

Country
    Country Flag

I'm digging it. Apparently it's not connected to the Arrowverse, but maybe that's only initially. Like Supergirl. I don't see them not crossing over in some way,

Country
    Country Flag

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/05/19/w...c-cw-crossover
    During a chat on the red carpet yesterday, Black Lightning star Cress Williams said he wouldn't rule out an eventual team-up, even though the network said that his show doesn't exist in the Arrowverse (actually, Pedowitz said it doesn't "at this point").

“I think it would be interesting down the line,” Williams said. “Eventually we’re going to have probably three superheroes on our show with me and the daughters. Once we become some kind of team, it would be great to go as a team onto another show. It’s going to be fun developing that, because with every good thing, there’s going to be a lot of wrinkles.”

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, damn. Both finales had some very ... unique ... endings. What the hell are the premieres going to be like?

Country
    Country Flag

Season 5 of Arrow is now on Netflix, so all 2016-17 Arrowverse seasons are now available for binging (bingeing?).

Country
    Country Flag

Also, one would need to watch this first prior to delving into all of that live-action goodness:

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

There will be another new member of the Arrowverse soon:

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast