Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
So I've been working out some math and looking back at my post here. Trying to come up with the best possible layout as far as the voting phase will go. I just wanted to know what you good people thought of the structure. So, what I think will happen, once all nominations are in, the 112-track eras will go through the three rounds as outlined before, ending up with 24 titles at the end, and the 56-track eras (we may need to cut 1950-1955 short, it seems like) will go through two rounds:

112 nominations:
  • Round 1: 16 groups of 7 with the top 5 moving on (80 total)
  • Round 2: 16 groups of 5 with the top 3 moving on (48 total)
  • Round 3: 24 groups of 2 with the top 1 moving on (24 total)

56 nominations:
  • Round 1: 8 groups of 7 with the top 5 moving on (40 total)
  • Round 2: 8 groups of 5 with the top 3 moving on (24 total)

So, heading into the playoffs will be 336 tracks overall. Each of the 14 eras will be going through a one-and-done playoff using this template. This is a ranked template, and tracks will be ranked throughout the first 2 or 3 rounds by the average percentage of votes received. So, this rank will be used to seed them 1 through 24, with the top eight getting a bye into the second round of playoffs.

Once a winner is declared in each time period, the 14 winners will then also go onto a round-robin seeding tournament and a face-off playoff (because just a playoff between 14 tracks seems unfair). The 13-round round-robin will start with all tracks at zero points each facing off against one other track and the winner receiving 1 point and the loser 0. In event of a tie, 0.5 points will be awarded to both tracks. The points earned during the round-robin will determine the order for the final face-off, using this template. In this template the top four tracks are getting a bye all the way to the Quarterfinals, while the others go through a preliminary two-round battle.

I know it sounds daunting and kinda confusing, but at the end of the day I think it will work perfectly. What do y'all think?
Dude... highlight any changes. Please.