Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cat's Eye (1985)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Cat's Eye (1985)

Cat's Eye IMDB

A stray cat is the linking element of three tales of suspense and horror.

Consists of three short films; one is based on the short story "Quitters, Inc." from 1978, one is based on the short story "The Ledge" from 1976, and one was written specifically for the film

Directed by: Lewis Teague
    Screenplay by: Stephen King

Starring: Drew Barrymore, 
James Woods
, Alan King
, Robert Hays, 
Kenneth McMillan, 
Candy Clark, 
James Naughton

Last edited by Heather19; 06-13-2014 at 06:03 AM.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1976? I didn't realise it was that old.

I really like this film, and the format with the linking cat,.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

This video has really come in handy. I am an English teacher and for years I have taught both "Quitters Inc." and "The Ledge" in class. My students love the story, love the video, and hate the writing assignment - about par for the course.

I only show these two pieces - personally, I hate the cat one. It's not even based on one of King's short stories.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a fan of this movie too, which is why I was blown away when I received an original drawing from Alex McVey of the little monster from the movie...

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    This video has really come in handy. I am an English teacher and for years I have taught both "Quitters Inc." and "The Ledge" in class. My students love the story, love the video, and hate the writing assignment - about par for the course.

I only show these two pieces - personally, I hate the cat one. It's not even based on one of King's short stories.
    Being an English Teacher I would think you would know that Mr. King wrote the entire screenplay(so it is based on one of HIS short stories)

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post

Being an English Teacher I would think you would know that Mr. King wrote the entire screenplay(so it is based on one of HIS short stories)
    English teacher aside, I knew he wrote the screenplay - but my assertion is still correct. The last one is not based on one of Mr. King's short stories - it's an original piece written solely for the film, and thus, is still the one weak link in the film. Let's face it, King's screenplay writing has not been one of strengths.

+ Reply to Thread