Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Stockings for Soldiers

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Stockings for Soldiers

Dear Members

I normally wouldn't do this or ask (especially with the Holidays coming up). My baby sister (a Colonel Nurse in Afghanistan), along with her troupe, will be missing all the holidays this year. I wanted to do something for them and happened to stumble across a program called Stockings for Soldiers based out of Wilmington, DE. If you can, please make a tiny donation to the cause. Link to the site can be found below as well as a link to the donation site:

http://www.stockingsforsoldiers.org/

Make Donations Here:

https://secure.west-point.org/stockingsforsoldiers/

If anyone wants to send cookies, Christmas cards, etc. to brighten up her holiday season you can use this APO address:

Ramona Mulleins-Foreman
    402nd FST FOB
    Fenty APO, AE 09354

I know, it probably does sound weird sending a Christmas card or package to a complete stranger. I'm just hoping to surprise her with some heart felt messages from home. I'm very proud of her and what she does for us everyday.

Ralph A. Mulleins
    (Room 217 Caretaker)
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Ralph, it's not weird. I received, while I was in Vietnam, things from complete strangers. It did brighten some dark hours. I'll be donating soon.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I donated $25. I'm also going to put together a package with cookies, and other goodies. Maybe even a newer Stephen King novel (paperback).

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I can tell you from experience that home-baked cookies, candy-bars, cards/letters and such are greatly appreciated even if from a complete stranger. We wrote back to a bunch of kids and classes whose letters we received. As they're at a FOB (Forward Operating Base), they likely do not have easy access to a PX (Post Exchange ... military Wal-Mart), so pretty much anything you'd take for granted they won't have. A can of cashews, snickers bar, warm ski-socks, a good pair of Mechanics gloves, a warm hat in winter, tubes of Carmex, or even a good paperback may not be available. Don't send toothpaste and toiletries and such, we generally had plenty of that. I'll tell you what I really appreciated was fleece underwear, the very thin athletic kind, not thick heavy long johns ... they're very warm and easy to wear under a uniform & gear. And winter in Afhghanistan is damn cold.

George
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

are there any restrictions what they may receive ?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

<3 thanks

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ralph, if you put together a package, would the contents go to an individual, or would they be divvied up to fill the stockings?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Awesome thanks Ralph! I live near Wilmington so I can just drop it off.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is great. Thanks for posting! A couple times a year, I send my used paperbacks to soldiers via an organization called Operation Paperback and love to do so, but I've never come across this for Christmas. I'll have to get together some things and start baking as well. This is the kind of stuff I love doing at the holidays!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I literally just went through our pantry and cabinets pulling stuff we have extras of and came up with these items:

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like I live just down the street from them so will see about my son and I volunteering.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Ralph, if you put together a package, would the contents go to an individual, or would they be divvied up to fill the stockings?
    If you send direct to Stockings for Soldiers they will divide it up between all the stockings being sent over seas. If you send to my sister, she will get it directly.

On that note:

Her APO address is in the US and you can send goodies, cards, etc. direct to it. UPS only charges domestic fees but still sends it to her base in Afghanistan.
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm actually standing here in tears. I can't thank everyone enough for your kindness.

I'm speechless..................

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ralph, of course I will contribute and as hard as this may be for me, and I believe you truly know what I mean, why don't you forward those "Linzer Tarts" with my name on them to her and her compadres. That will surely put a smile on her face!!!

Edit: Donation made!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I mailed off four flat rate Priority Mail boxes today.
    Be aware that each box needs it's own customs form 2976-A, and you have to mail it at a US Post Office, or use USPS.com software for the forms and postage.
    The flat rate boxes were less than $13 each for postage.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I mailed off four flat rate Priority Mail boxes today.
    Be aware that each box needs it's own customs form 2976-A, and you have to mail it at a US Post Office, or use USPS.com software for the forms and postage.
    The flat rate boxes were less than $13 each for postage.
    Thank you for the shipping tips. I'm sending out next week.

Mulleins

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Sending out a couple more boxes tomorrow. My family decided it would be fun if the troupes had some Christmas decorations to go along with all the goodies headed their way.

Mulleins

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Jacob volunteered last week and will be stuffing stockings again this week. It's a pretty neat way for him to get his community service hours!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The care packages we received when deployed for the first Gulf War were critical to our mental well-being. Whether it was a new razor, a candy bar, or a good book, those small things made the biggest difference. I rekindled my fandom of King by reading the expanded Stand for the first time.

I salute all the family members here who have peeps on the other side of the world. I missed Thanksgiving, Christmas, Wedding Anniversary, Birthday, and Valentines Day - all in one deployment. I'll get in and donate.

Thanks for the reminder....

Bill

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Dear Members

I normally wouldn't do this or ask (especially with the Holidays coming up). My baby sister (a Colonel Nurse in Afghanistan), along with her troupe, will be missing all the holidays this year. I wanted to do something for them and happened to stumble across a program called Stockings for Soldiers based out of Wilmington, DE. If you can, please make a tiny donation to the cause. Link to the site can be found below as well as a link to the donation site:

http://www.stockingsforsoldiers.org/

Make Donations Here:

https://secure.west-point.org/stockingsforsoldiers/

If anyone wants to send cookies, Christmas cards, etc. to brighten up her holiday season you can use this APO address:

Ramona Mulleins-Foreman
    402nd FST FOB
    Fenty APO, AE 09354

I know, it probably does sound weird sending a Christmas card or package to a complete stranger. I'm just hoping to surprise her with some heart felt messages from home. I'm very proud of her and what she does for us everyday.

Ralph A. Mulleins
    (Room 217 Caretaker)
    Thanks for this post Ralph. Support from home (even from a stranger) is a very welcome thing for our servicemen and women who are deployed during the holidays

I'd like to add my lil brother to the list. Major David Norman is an anesthesiology Nurse and recently deployed to Kuwait for 9 months. I think the thing he was most mad about was missing the end of the college football season! He had his birthday overseas about a week ago. David is married with two children and it really affects the whole family when a member is on deployment. All must serve, even though only one is out of the country.

He can be mailed at :

MAJ David N. Norman
    10th CSH
    Camp Arifjan
    APO, AE 09366

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to send any cards messages or goodies. I am going to send some myself and also make a donation to stockings for Soldiers.

Thanks for your service to all the boardmembers who have served and thanks to the others who help support our service members while they are deployed. It is very important and appreciated.

Neil
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Neil

We will gladly send some goodies to David.

Just yesterday my sister shared the excitement of packages arriving. Hopefully I can get some pictures soon to share.

Ralph Mulleins

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

A thank you letter from my sister (colonel Mulleins):

Dear Members of thedarktower.org

On behalf of my troupe from the 402nd FST, I want to say thank you for all the stockings, cards, presents, cookies, Christmas decorations, and much needed day to day necessities (Thank you Jerome, your packages have really helped). My brother (Ralph) speaks of his Dark Tower family often, and now I know why.

In one of the packages we received 20 reindeer antlers (see picture), a Charlie Brown Christmas tree, and many other decorations that have turned our place into a winter wonderland. The Ginger Bread building kit someone sent has been the hit (see picture).

Again, thank you! A simple gesture from all of you is making our Christmas (far away) feel like being home with our families.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Mulleins

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

awesome Gingerbread house and photo!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624