Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Not so Secret Santa

Hybrid View

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Not so Secret Santa

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Here is the current list I have:

Jcmanske
    Stroppygoblin
    TCCBodhi
    HONKYTONKSMASH
    Room 217 Caretaker
    Zelig
    JAMMF
    AstroDad
    Jsmcmullen92
    Killjoy72
    Sharki69
    Bdwyer19
    Stockerlone
    Herbertwest
    Jay127
    NeedfulKings
    Webstar1000
    Dnemec
    Br!an
    Roseannebarr
    Biomieg
    Jonp
    Merlin1958
    Priest
    Stkmw02
    Burial
    SystemCrashOverRide
    Sentinel
    Thegunslinger41
    George At C-Springs
    mosheprigan
    The Library Policeman
    I thought it might be handy to have the participant list a little more "handy" in the thread. If I got this right there are 34 participants (Two are missing from the this list correct, RF?) Since it has been noted that, Jerome was unfortunately excluded as a participant this year I think it might be appropriate and well within the spirit of this thing, if we could all find a way to contribute $5 a piece, send it to a designated 'Secret Santa Secretary" and have him or her purchase a gift from all of us to, El Jefe (Randall Flagg, a.k.a, Jerome, a.k.a., "SecretSanta", a.k.a, TMIDITW) by way of the "Christmas Spirit", a "Thank you" for doing this and all he does for everyone here year in and year out and finally so we can insure that we won't hear any whining or belly aching when he has nothing under the tree, but a dirty, old "Christmas Thong" and stale cookies.

What say you all? Are you "in"? Can we manage to do this for our fearless Leader and Director? Or would you like to see him wiping tears from his eyes with the crusty remnants of his sad old beard whilst he drowns his sorrows in "Egg Nog"? I for one am "all in"!!!! If I may be so bold, I would like to nominate, Krystle (Stkmw02) as our surrogate "Secretary" to accept and administer the "Gift". We can all "PM" gift ideas/suggestions to her, if she is willing and I would be happy to assist in any way I can. At the very least we could purchase a "Bett's Gift Certificate" for him. What do you say folks? Is this a possible plan? Can we do this? Show your "Christmas Spirit", my friends!!! let's put something under the tree for, El Jefe the man who does so much for so many!!!!

Jerome, though this is your site and you are the Owner, this is one time where you have no say whatsoever. Your thoughts, opinions or commands will not be heeded or valid in any way on the matter. This one is in the hands of the members only!!!, your loyal subjects!!! LOL Unless, of course you wish to throw out some "gift ideas". Krystle, you can PM me with regard to accepting or declining your appointment. All others may feel free to voice their opinions/thoughts herein or by way of PM's to me. Any other volunteers are welcome. If you can afford to contribute, wonderful. If not, then that is okay as well. Let's see if we can come together on this. Were it not for, El Jefe we would not have this wonderful site, the resources contained herein, or a "Secret Santa Exchange" in the first place!!!

Let's do this, folks!!!!!!

It's the RIGHT thing to do, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    What say you all? Are you "in"?
    In!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    In!
    I was in and still am in for the Flagg gift. PP$$ sent.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

In!
    I had you covered, Bill. Mis spelled, but covered!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

In!
    Yeah...how you mis spell Bill is beyond me, but we're good.

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

In!
    Yeah...how you mis spell Bill is beyond me, but we're good.

Spoiler:
    Great!!! A fucking critic!!! LOL LOL

Spoiler:
    Go buy a fucking trophy, put your name on it as the "TDT.Org Spelling Champ", will ya? LOL I see "coal" in your future!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I sent a PayPal contribution to Krystle a few days ago. Didn't see my name on the list so I sent a follow up message to her but still don't have a reply or confirmation.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I sent a PayPal contribution to Krystle a few days ago. Didn't see my name on the list so I sent a follow up message to her but still don't have a reply or confirmation.
    I'll get right on it, Bob!! I'm sure we can get it straight.

FWIW folks, I'm not much of a "book keeper" and though, Krystle was kind enough to offer a helping hand in my ineptitude, she has a little boy, a job and a husband to tend to as well. From the extent of the response and early tabulation I think its fairly safe to say that whatever we end up getting him it will be from EVERYONE participating in the "Secret Santa" exchange and a few more that just jumped in and contributed because the spirit overtook them. So, I suppose the "List" is more important than anything else. Does that make sense?

Now, down to the serious business, what do we get him? Since he has promised to "not peek" I suppose we can just hash it out right here. I looked into a few of the suggestions already offered. The CD prints recently announced are a "no-go". I communicated with, Dolores and prints of any kind are not reccommended. Of course, our "fall back" can be a gift certificate from, Betts but it would be nice to be able to identify something a little more personal. I'm gonna say that currently we have about $275 to spend and that wouldn't include s/h. If we can come up with something really cool that costs a few bucks more, I'd be willing to shell out a few additional sheckles to make it happen so, let's say $300 is the number we have to work with in the end, all included. I have asked, David to have a look see and make some suggestions. I guess now we all should put on our collective "Thinking Caps".

Bear in mind that with 35-40 folks, all with their individual ideas and suggestions, we'll need to have some form of an "Executive Decision" made. However, I say we try as hard as possible to make this as democratic as we can. So, bearing that in mind, please do your homework before you suggest a gift and we'll see if we can't boil it down to 6 or 8 ideas to ultimately vote on and decide.

How does that sound? Did I pretty much cover everything? Remember folks, this is a "Christmas Gift" and should be given as such with the intention, good will and the gesture being the most important components. Make sense to everyone?

Also, very happy holiday wishes to all you folks!!! Your spirit and generosity is truly inspiring and "magic" IMHO!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool!!!! Now we can talk about him behind his back!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, to my knowledge this should represent the most current list...

Becca
    Jay127
    dnemec
    needfulthings
    Merlin
    stkmw02
    Sharki
    Stroppy
    Biomieg
    Soveriegn
    JonP
    Ladysai
    Jhanic
    Jsmcmullen
    zelig
    bdwyer
    jcmanske
    moshe
    george@c-springs
    TCCbodhi
    Honkytonk
    Herbertwest
    Racerx
    Roseannebarr
    Astrodad
    Webstar
    Burial
    Lurker
    The Library Policeman
    Br!an
    Carlosdetweiller
    Wizardsrainbow

We're all on our honor here so I'm not going to worry about who paid and when. That is between you folks and, God. All we will concern ourselves with is the "From" list (as stated above) and the grand total. If I missed anyone it was not intentional and just post and let me know to update the list. I think we may need a deadline/cut-off to arrive at a final spending total and allow for shipping/delivery. Does 12/1/15 seem good? Unless suggested otherwise, I say we use that date as the drop dead date for contributions, updates and gift selection. That cool with ecveryone?

Oh, and please note, if you want to be included, a part of the selection process and so forth it is your responsibility to make sure that you check in here as often as possible. It's Christmas time, the spirit is upon us and we're all busy with everything that entails so, check in often and make it your business if you want your input included. Fair enough?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I just sent my contribution in.

Merry Christmas Everyone! Wow I love this time of the year.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Is he planning on ordering one of Rachel's statutes? You could use the money to pay for one or part of one. I know she hasn't listed a price yet.
    just a suggestion
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Is he planning on ordering one of Rachel's statutes? You could use the money to pay for one or part of one. I know she hasn't listed a price yet.
    just a suggestion
    it might buy the staff... or a couple of skulls..
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would ask Brian at CD for one of those framed Vinny Chong prints... he may give us a deal and we almost have enough. He wanted one bad and there are only 19 but perhaps a PC ??? Worth a shot
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I would ask Brian at CD for one of those framed Vinny Chong prints... he may give us a deal and we almost have enough. He wanted one bad and there are only 19 but perhaps a PC ??? Worth a shot
    According to Bill he talked to Dolores (RF's better half) and she said prints are a no go... I thought the same thing at first

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    According to Bill he talked to Dolores (RF's better half) and she said prints are a no go... I thought the same thing at first
    Really? I cannot see that... read his post on CD agian. He wanted one of those.. bad.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Really? I cannot see that... read his post on CD agian. He wanted one of those.. bad.

I already emailed, Brian and there are none to be had, but knock yourself out.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I already emailed, Brian and there are none to be had, but knock yourself out.
    Why would I bother if you talked to Brian already?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Astrodad
    Bdwyer19
    Becca
    Biomeg
    Br!an
    Carlosdetweiller
    dnemec
    george@c-springs
    Herbertwest
    Honkytonksmash
    Jay127
    jcmanske
    Jhanic
    JonP
    Jsmcmullen
    Killjoy72
    Ladysai
    The Library Policeman
    Lurker
    Merlin1958
    moshe
    needfulkings
    Priest
    Racerx
    Room 217 Caretaker
    Roseannebarr
    Sharki
    stkmw02
    Stroppy
    TCCbodhi
    webstar1000
    wizardsrainbow
    zelig

All contributions have been paired up with a username. Those below indicated they sent, but I have not received the funds.
    Soveriegn
    Burial

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    Astrodad

I’ve got one Sebastian S. unaccounted for. All other contributions have been paired up with a username. Those below indicated they sent, but I have not received the funds (unless you’re Sebastian, of course.)
    Soveriegn
    Webstar (I did not receive from Kris Webster, could you check your paypal history to confirm the correct address?)
    Burial
    Wizardsrainbow
    Sebastian S is Priest

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    Astrodad
    Bdwyer19
    Becca
    Biomeg
    Br!an
    Carlosdetweiller
    dnemec
    george@c-springs
    Herbertwest
    Honkytonksmash
    Jay127
    jcmanske
    Jhanic
    JonP
    Jsmcmullen
    Killjoy72
    Ladysai
    The Library Policeman
    Lurker
    Merlin1958
    moshe
    needfulkings
    Priest
    Racerx
    Room 217 Caretaker
    Roseannebarr
    Sharki
    stkmw02
    Stroppy
    TCCbodhi
    zelig

All contributions have been paired up with a username. Those below indicated they sent, but I have not received the funds.
    Soveriegn
    Webstar (I did not receive from Kris Webster, could you check your paypal history to confirm the correct address?)
    Burial
    Wizardsrainbow
    Sorry.... it did not go through. Did it work this time?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

It did! I got yours, as well as another unidentified contributor. SO if someone else here just sent, please let me know who you are!

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

done
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I may have identified the perfect gift, though I'm reluctant to share anything yet as it is not 100% locked down as yet. Something from, Betts that should rock his socks. I'll share more when I can.

Suffice to say that I believe you will all be in agreement with this gift.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have taken the liberty of conspiring with, Dolores, David and Krystle on our behalf to negotiate and identify an amazing gift, but I just can't share as yet. When I get the go ahead I'll post a pic in spoiler tags and just have to trust that, Jerome will honor his promise to stay out.

I think you will all be in agreement with this item. I don't mean to exclude anyone from the process, but there hasn't been a whole lot of suggestions yet, he's a tough one to buy for or surprise and we are doing the bulk of this thing in a more or less public thread. As soon as I get it locked down, I'll post it for your approval. We can still use more contributions if they are out there. This item will require additional funds to what we have collected so far, but I believe it is well worth it!!

Believe it or not, but I've never taken on this kind of responsibility before. I always had, Jerome to run and administer these kind of things and honestly, I'm kind of nervous that you will all approve of my efforts in the end. I'm trying to do the best I can here, but I hope you will all bear with me and cut me some slack!!! Feel free to chime in with any suggestions on how best to do this and so forth. I know when I can use help and assistance and I welcome it here!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast