Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The Leftovers on HBO

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Any time a writer creates something, he or she has got to have an idea of where they want things to go. It might be broad and not thought out, but I'd be willing to bet Damon had an idea where he wanted to take this story from the start.
    He didn't create the story, he adapted and finished it. Remember, this is an adaptation of Tom Perotta's novel who was also an Executive Producer and probably as much in the driver's seat as Lindelof (or at least not relegated to the back seat). Of course his novel answers even less questions and mainly covers stuff that occurred in season 1 not 2 and 3. Having read the original source material, it seems to me that Lindelof sure stayed very true to the adaption of Perotta's novel and also continued and ended the story in a satisfying matter, especially since the point of the whole thing is that no explanations are due anyone, life is mysterious and full of coincidence that we try to impart meaning to.
    That's right, I forgot about that. It's probably the reason seasons 2 & 3 are far superior to season 1. Lindelof was able to do his own thing and expand on the source material.

Season 1 is almost unwachable at times.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Season 1 was mostly an adaption of, Perotta's novel. Season 2 had some input from, Perotta but after that it was open writing as far as I could discern. Lindelof, went the "Lost" route (largely) after that. He's a good screenwriter generally. He just needs to leave "Lost" in the rear view IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Season 1 was mostly an adaption of, Perotta's novel. Season 2 had some input from, Perotta but after that it was open writing as far as I could discern. Lindelof, went the "Lost" route (largely) after that. He's a good screenwriter generally. He just needs to leave "Lost" in the rear view IMHO
    I have no problem with the way he wrote Lost. I don't need answers to every question. What we learned from the Dark Tower is that it's about the journey.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no problem with the way he wrote Lost. I don't need answers to every question. What we learned from the Dark Tower is that it's about the journey.

Yeah, I've heard that again, and again. If you posit mysteries, with the stated intent of solving them well, you should or its just sloppy writing. After much consternation I very much agree with, King's choice for the ending of TDT. "Lost" was just a commercial money grab. Were there cinematic platitudes in the series? Yes. However, it lacked substance IMHO I guess we have to agree to disagree.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I've heard that again, and again. If you posit mysteries, with the stated intent of solving them well, you should or its just sloppy writing. After much consternation I very much agree with, King's choice for the ending of TDT. "Lost" was just a commercial money grab. Were there cinematic platitudes in the series? Yes. However, it lacked substance IMHO I guess we have to agree to disagree.
    It oozed substance. When you tear down all of the questions and the island and the Sci-fi, it was about relationships and redemption. It was about fate vs. free will, good vs. evil, faith vs. science. And so much more.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4