Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Leftovers on HBO

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    WOW.. just started this two days ago. Already near end of season 1. Should finish by weekend. WHAT A COOL SHOW! Last night one of the episodes of the Smoker getting tied to a tree and stoned to death was probably one of the most heart wrenching things I have ever seen on TV. It was brutal and left me feeling sick. Little over kill and it still sticking with me today
    Season 1 is good, but I thought season 2 was even better. Season one had a bunch of episodes that felt unfocused. Season 2 was always leading to something. I almost bailed on the show early, but I'm glad I stuck around.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    WOW.. just started this two days ago. Already near end of season 1. Should finish by weekend. WHAT A COOL SHOW! Last night one of the episodes of the Smoker getting tied to a tree and stoned to death was probably one of the most heart wrenching things I have ever seen on TV. It was brutal and left me feeling sick. Little over kill and it still sticking with me today
    Season 1 is good, but I thought season 2 was even better. Season one had a bunch of episodes that felt unfocused. Season 2 was always leading to something. I almost bailed on the show early, but I'm glad I stuck around.
    I read that Season 2 was one of the best seasons of TV ever somewhere which caused me to finally watch it. ANd I tell ya... Season 1 (I am on the final) got better and better!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I read that Season 2 was one of the best seasons of TV ever somewhere which caused me to finally watch it. ANd I tell ya... Season 1 (I am on the final) got better and better!

The trailers for season 3 (final season) look rather awesome!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, season 3 premiere's tonight. Any advance thoughts, wishes or predictions?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

CANNOT WAIT!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

CANNOT WAIT!!!

LOL I'm with ya!!! Appears the "Mysteries" will be somewhat religoous in nature, but I'm very okay with that. FWIW, I thought they would jump the "7 years" as listed in the Bible. Really looking forward to see what they (Lindelof, et al) have come up with. Whatever, the show really makes you think and I for one love that!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    So, season 3 premiere's tonight. Any advance thoughts, wishes or predictions?
    Nothing. Just sit back and enjoy.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Got a feeling this will be a wild season!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The end of the first episode left me

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The end of the first episode left me

Spoiler:
    i didn't see the drone bombing coming I admit.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I gotta say, I loved the choice of theme music for the second episode. So unexpected.

I'm not sure how many people placed it, but it's the same theme music used for Perfect Strangers, one of my favorite sitcoms growing up. Cool stuff.

Then Mark Linn-Baker, the actual actor who played on Perfect Strangers, is actually on the show! WTF!!

I've had to edit this post so many times because my original comment was right after the credits. Anyway, I just finished the episode and I realized that the title of the episode is "Don't be Ridiculous" which was Balki's catch phrase.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

That's the third reference to Perfect Strangers in the series.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Really? Where were the others? I didn't catch them.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

In the first season, it was mentioned that the entire cast of Perfect Strangers had been taken. Then, during the second season, it was revealed that Mark Linn-Baker had faked his disappearance and was hiding out in Mexico.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    In the first season, it was mentioned that the entire cast of Perfect Strangers had been taken. Then, during the second season, it was revealed that Mark Linn-Baker had faked his disappearance and was hiding out in Mexico.
    At the time.. many thought it was a little bit of fun (a joke) being had by the makers of the show. I do not believe that to be after last weeks episode. I think they knew what they were doing and where they were going from the start.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

According to Lindelof, it was organic and not planned at all. In fact, they were nervous about whether Linn-Baker had the dramatic chops to pull off the heavy scene.

The Leftovers showrunner explains that dramatic Perfect Strangers cameo

Country
    Country Flag

According to Lindelof, it was organic and not planned at all. In fact, they were nervous about whether Linn-Baker had the dramatic chops to pull off the heavy scene.

I read that. Sorry, I meant planned as in they have known the outcome of the show from Day one. Where Lost... I do not think that they did...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

I read that. Sorry, I meant planned as in they have known the outcome of the show from Day one. Where Lost... I do not think that they did...
    I don't think they knew where it was going from day one. I read that they hashed out the final scene of the third season during the hiatus and then built the episodes to get there. I don't think they even knew there was going to be a third season until the second season finished airing.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think they knew where it was going from day one. I read that they hashed out the final scene of the third season during the hiatus and then built the episodes to get there. I don't think they even knew there was going to be a third season until the second season finished airing.
    WOW. Really? That disappointing to me Bev. I sincerely believed they knew the ending... I was hoping they learned after Lost. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

WOW. Really? That disappointing to me Bev. I sincerely believed they knew the ending... I was hoping they learned after Lost. lol
    i don't mind that they do things this way. I like the concept that they can react to things that happen and shift accordingly. If a character like Ben Linus can emerge and take on a new life, and the writers can react to that and the story goes in a different direction because of it--I like that possibility.

I certainly don't expect that we're going to get a concrete ending to Leftovers, either. This isn't a show about explanations but rather about dealing with the inexplicable. I have no idea how you wrap that up, but I'm along for the ride.

Country
    Country Flag

i don't mind that they do things this way. I like the concept that they can react to things that happen and shift accordingly. If a character like Ben Linus can emerge and take on a new life, and the writers can react to that and the story goes in a different direction because of it--I like that possibility.

I certainly don't expect that we're going to get a concrete ending to Leftovers, either. This isn't a show about explanations but rather about dealing with the inexplicable. I have no idea how you wrap that up, but I'm along for the ride.
    Yeah... I have hopes we find out some answers though...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome, thanks! I vaguely remember the mention in season 1, but I didn't catch the season 2 reference. That's pretty great.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"That's the guy I was telling you about."

Such a great line. I love how it's directed right at the camera. I think we are about to see a new man.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm loving this show. Season 1 was good, but Season 2 is ever better. It has me hooked.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got all caught up on this show. Whew what a series. Hard to believe only two more episodes? First time in a long time I didn't want a series to end. This has been so well executed (written, directed, casted, and acted).
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast