Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Scribner acquires most of King's back catalog

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Needful Things was read by King, and I really enjoyed that. He's read a couple of short stories himself as well, and I liked those also. But he read Wind Through the Keyhole and that was a bad performance. He sounded old and tired on that one, and that may have led to my unfavorable opinion of that book.

My favorite narrators I've listened to are Frank Mueller and George Guidell. George reads all the Longmire books as well as several Harry Turtledove series. That guy is just great. And of course, nobody beats Mueller. I'd like to get his version of The Gunslinger, before King did his revisions.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Back when I was working, I did a lot of traveling (30,000-50,000 miles a year by car, the same by air) and I LOVED having the audio books--they filled in a lot of very boring miles--but now that I've retired, I just don't have any desire to listen anymore.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I own very few Stephen King paper, printed books.
    What??
    I own The Talisman, because someone gave it to me for a present. I bought Black House, and my wife gave me Mr Mercedes after I listened to it on audio. I have The Stand as well, I think that's the only book I actually read, with my eyes, more than once that King wrote. That's it. I don't get in to owning books, they collect dust and take up space.
    See now, if you were a Yankee fan I could understand. You'd need the room for all the World Series trophies!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Along the Path of the Beam Kevbot will become famous soon enough Kevbot will become famous soon enough

I have to highly disagree. I think King's narration on Keyhole was inspired, and thematically comes full circle, as he was the first to record a Dark Tower novel on audio.

Along the Path of the Beam Kevbot will become famous soon enough Kevbot will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevbot View Post
    Trust me - I've done a LOT of research on this topic. I even wrote a book about it:

http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Your-Ear...d+in+your+ears
    You're that Kevin! Nice to hear your on this forum. I have several of your chapbooks and rather enjoy them. I recently read The Terrestrial Hell. Great collection!
    Thank you so much! Expect some bigger books from me soon! My novel is now also out from CD (I'm On Fire)! Thanks again - it means a lot.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kevbot View Post
    I have to highly disagree. I think King's narration on Keyhole was inspired, and thematically comes full circle, as he was the first to record a Dark Tower novel on audio.
    Maybe the book just sucked then. His narration bored me to death. What he did on Needful Things was much better, imo.

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

Then you should read it instead because Wind does not suck

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NoAttitudeThisTime View Post
    I told you, I don't read books any more. Especially sucky books like Wind Through the Keyhole.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NoAttitudeThisTime View Post
    I told you, I don't read books any more. Especially sucky books like Wind Through the Keyhole.

Reading is FUN-demental!!!!!

And TWTTKH was a very good book, IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

mtdman: It didn't suck and you only listened to it. Oh, well...

Merlin: I agree! First I read it, then I listened to the audiobook, both times joyful experiences.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I completely missed this thread... I'm actually looking forward to see what Scribner does with these titles...I'm pretty sure I'll be buying them. I hope the covers are better than the current run of paperbacks. Does anyone know when the first titles are expected to be released?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lilja shares covers planned for the reeditions !
    >>> http://www.liljas-library.com/article.php?id=4639
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Holy crap those are terribad!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Except for The Dark Tower books that's horrible.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

They look like cheap childrens' books...not attractive at all

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I agree with you guys. What a let down. I was really looking forward to some great looking new covers but these are disappointing. At least that's my first impression. Don't know if my opinion will change over time. The DT ones are okay, but I just don't get why they went for this sort of look. King should to be taken seriously as a writer and these covers don't help at all.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't mind IT too terribly much but I think that is because you spend half the book with kids and it plays well on that aspect of it. Gives off a little of that creepy feeling of clowns for children. All the rest are just meh.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The DT books are just the Viking covers. All of the books listed (except for IT and Misery) are ebooks or audiobooks I believe. IT and Misery are trade paperbacks. I would have liked to see some hardcover releases.

My initial impression was OMG BAD. The more I look, the more some of them seem pretty good. Dolores Claiborne is great, as is Misery. 4PM is pretty good, ditto Long Walk and Tommyknockers. The rest? Ugh. Thinner is laughably bad.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    The DT books are just the Viking covers. All of the books listed (except for IT and Misery) are ebooks or audiobooks I believe. IT and Misery are trade paperbacks. I would have liked to see some hardcover releases.
    I didn't realize that. I didn't bother reading the text.

So since only IT and Misery are actually books I'll revise my opinion.

I'm not excited about either one but both covers are okay.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm hoping the paperback versions of the titles that are audiobooks are going to be better. Misery isn't too bad now that I've had a second look at it. Still not crazy about IT.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    The DT books are just the Viking covers. All of the books listed (except for IT and Misery) are ebooks or audiobooks I believe.
    There is nothing about audiobooks in post on LL that I could see.

"New Editions of Old King BooksPosted: November 30, 2015, 19:05:27
    Simon & Schuster plan on re-releasing older King books in January 2016. IT and Misery is listed as paperbacks and the other as eBooks.
    Copied from Lilja's Library: http://liljas-library.com/ "

I only bring it up bc I am hoping/waiting for them to release Dead Zone and full Skeleton Crew audiobooks for download or CD.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I kind of like the cover for 'It', the others not so much.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am confused as of why they decided to use a type of covers for all the books, but went for another style for the Dark Tower.
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast