Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King - Pet Semetary and Misc- Doubleday Publisher Documents

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King - Pet Semetary and Misc- Doubleday Publisher Documents

So since I'm back posting some pics of the Doubleday files in The Stand - Uncut thread... figured I'd use this thread to post other items for those files... including a lot of Pet Semetary documents.

So what the heck, since it's late and I won't get to posting much yet, I'll start out...with a couple of pictures of a non-Double Day "File Item"... but my signed/inscribed Doubleday 1st edition of Pet Semetary.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

this is my first copy (it is a first edition, but was a reader and not signed)
    posting it to point out that gold embossed signature.... found on all first edition Pet Semetary's

I point that out, because....

Note below... at this time, Doubleday did not think that the title was actually spelled incorrectly....on purpose. I have later documents that clarifies the reasoning behind the incorrect spelling.

King sent three to pick from...

the winner... the last one at the bottom...

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Awesome, just all kinds of awesome!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah... at pre-05/05/83....I'm guessing I have the three earliest Pet Semetary signatures around, since it wasn't published until November 1983... (even if they are tip-ins ha ha)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Terry!

John

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

More... more... give me more!
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I love it!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Amazing. May I ask how you acquired all this stuff? Your other thread about The Stand is also remarkable.
    Please keep posting!
    Jon

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for posting. Love all this stuff.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by burial View Post
    More... more... give me more!

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, you might have told the story some other time, but I don't recall seeing it. Does Fogler Library have copies of this as well? This is really great seeing some of the key pieces of the correspondence involved in these books! Were the "big documents" flagged, or did you have to read every item to figure out what was important? Keep it coming!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Along the Path of the Beam Kevbot will become famous soon enough Kevbot will become famous soon enough

This is absolutely thrilling stuff. I don't know why I'm so very excited about this, but it's fascinating beyond belief. Not to put the cart before the, uh, dead cat, but do you have more beyond The Stand and PS? Thank you so much for doing this.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Another long insightful letter from King to publisher Sam Vaughn, this one sheds some thinking points on Pet Semetary...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

in response to the questions... I bought this from Stu at Betts a few years ago from the big super collection that was being sold off.
    It consists primarily of Pet Semetary and The Stand corrospondance... but does include a few other misc. nuggets

and yes... it is the most expensive collectable I have ever purchased by far.... even more than the original acrylic on board Nagel painting I bought years ago.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

this is kind of fun... heard of proof jackets... how about a proof of the the proof?...

here's the inside PS jacket blurbs...

and here is the original version...

BTW... didn't get a chance to take any new pics yet... but good news is, I did get some great full moon full eclipse shots...and saved a lot on my insurance.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Thanks Terry, the letter was very insightful. Of course it raises the question of including the excised material in an appendix for the CD version!
    I found the concept of the forces keeping Rachel from returning to Maine similar to those Jake Epping faced in 11/22/63.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

EXTREMELY interesting letter !
    By the way, I love this part : "I want to make love to the reader; I'm not interested in getting him/her down a dark alley for a quick 300 pages bang."
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Along the Path of the Beam Kevbot will become famous soon enough Kevbot will become famous soon enough

Once again, fascinating stuff. It's so interesting, the questions about tightening the manuscript and King's reluctance to do so. You'd think Doubleday editors would be nervous about suggesting cuts after The Stand. God, I want this sort of background on all King's books!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

An interesting letter and a great read - it's as good as the introductory essays King wrote for many of his books.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Fascinating stuff.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Peter Schneider from "New Salem Press" proposed a S/L of Pet Sematary:

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder if we'll ever see those 40-80 cut pages from Pet Sematary...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Peter should have pushed a bit harder Jerome...huh?

I love these photos...

and I even have the negatives... hmmm... wonder if I can make a living at selling reprints ha ha

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Note, Though the jacket - by King's request - didn't include the author photo, I do have some magazine & newspaper articles that used those photos above for advertising the book. I'll dig through and see if I can find them to include and add to the post above later

here's a letter from King requesting 5 bound scripts, and a handwritten PS mentioning Different Seasons.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

BTW Jerome... Peter wasn't the only one pushing for a limited...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast