Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: October Halloween recommendations?

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Gueermo View Post
    Buy my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Buy Matt's book ^^
    What they said.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

If like three people tell you to do something, I think that, by law, you kind of, like, you know, have to do it
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Along the Path of the Beam Wicked will become famous soon enough Wicked's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JAMMF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Wilkes View Post
    If you want nonfiction, I read The Demonologist last year and really enjoyed it. It covers the career and cases of Ed and Lorraine Warren. It's easy to write off their cases and "experiences" as faked, but man, after reading that book...

After seeing The Conjuring, I'm not sure I can handle that stuff in book form!

My reading comes late at night, when the house is quiet and the Savannah cats have finally stopped their shenanigans (I have 4 of them) and I can go a few hours without having to jump up every 10 minutes or so. Literally the dead of the night. I'm pretty sure stuff does lurk under the bed, I dunno if I need confirmation of it, I'll never sleep!
    I want to see pics of your Savannahs! I've wanted one for a long while.
    hehe! Happy to share! Let me figure out how to do this and incoming!
    “Beyond the reach of human rage..A drop of hell, a touch of strange ...” ― Stephen King, The Gunslinger

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

If you have a Photobucket account or similar, just use the "IMG" links provided.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Along the Path of the Beam Wicked will become famous soon enough Wicked's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

This was my F-2 Sarafina. She passed this July.

This is my F-3 Anisha. She is just lovely.

This is my F-3 Goldie/Gasira. She is not your conventional Savannah as she is Bengal and Serval.

This is my boy Sekani. He is an F-4. He is much bigger now, but I'm on my laptop with no big boy pics of him.

This is Shere Khan. He is an F-7 (which is wanted for breeding. Anything F-4 an before is sterile in male Savannahs) He is a Snow Spotted Savannah.
    Last edited by Wicked; 10-29-2015 at 11:42 PM. Reason: I'll have to share better ones from my main system at some point,. I figured it out using the gallery here! Yaa! Phooey on Imgur!
    “Beyond the reach of human rage..A drop of hell, a touch of strange ...” ― Stephen King, The Gunslinger

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

If you have a Photobucket account or similar, just use the "IMG" links provided.
    That's so odd, when I do that, they vanish, at least, I can't view them.

Okies, tried that again and still wonky. I checked in my settings and [IMG] tags should be fine and enabled for me, I think imgur is an issue. I've noticed in the gallery, some of the pages look oddly blank to me, as if there are pictures that should be there, which for some reason, aren't showing on my end.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm, weird. I never have issue with Photobucket so maybe it's Imgur??

I clicked your links and your cats are lovely. Do you breed them or just collect (LOL)?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's so odd, when I do that, they vanish, at least, I can't view them.

Okies, tried that again and still wonky. I checked in my settings and [IMG] tags should be fine and enabled for me, I think imgur is an issue. I've noticed in the gallery, some of the pages look oddly blank to me, as if there are pictures that should be there, which for some reason, aren't showing on my end.

Are you inserting the image link into the icon of a "Picture Frame" which appears right next the one that looks like an envelope?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I think it's just imgur.

Thank you! No, I'd never breed, I couldn't handle it, it's alot of work and heartbreak, plus, fwiw, 2 of these were gifts and 2 were rescue kitties. I only got one on my own! Some folks think "nice cat!" and get in over their head with a breed (that was the case with Sekani and Sarafina) that is just a little more than just a normal kitty. As sweet as Sarafina was to me.. every vet visit required she literally be put under for vaccines, bloodwork, etc. She could not be handled by anyone other than me. She got like this when she was angry..

They're a wonderful breed, and she is the exception, not the rule given the right upbringing (which sadly, she lacked the first few years of her life)! Smart, but not a lap cat, they all come running when I bring out a leash and a collar and line up at the door. They all play fetch. They all respond to their names and 3 out of the 4 them have run 2 German Shepherds away from their food bowls numerous times.
    Last edited by Wicked; 10-29-2015 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Trying this using the member gallery here and the BB codes. It worked! It is an Imgur isse.

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup, I used the picture frame inserter, too. I think it's something odd with imgur links.

It doesn't give me errors, but when I hit 'post' and look, it's just blank, as if I'd added nothing. Not even a garbled mess of bad BB code.

I uploaded a photo of Mad Sara to my member gallery here, and voila, no issues! This surely might explain all those blank areas in the Artwork area of the forum if anyone used or is using Imgur. Perhaps Firefox isn't being nice, but I have full script allowance on this site, and Imgur, so I can't even fathom the issue. BB code is way friendlier than HTML (the stuff is the devil and is responsible for many hand cramps of mine) so I just can't see much room for error other than Imgur is bugged out.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The cats in our family have tanks

My bodyguard Romeo sleeps with one eye open.

Maine Coons are my breed. Never want to have anything else. Smart, friendly, lap cats (except Romeo, hasn't sat on my lap in two years!), great hunters, perfectly evolved for the northern wilderness, and they can be HUGE. They also tend to be rather clownish. Quiet breed, too. Nothing I hate more than loud cats that won't shut the hell up...Maine Coons mewling is a heck of a lot more tolerable than most cats meowing. Plus they look funny when you bathe them.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

hahaha! A damned tank!! Now that I just love.

People think I'm a freak for giving them a covered, screened in deck they can lounge in the sun on their own time, and their own room with towers, etc.. and even satellite TV (they love Dog TV, I swear it!) but that tank, is too damn precious and I know that cat feels powerful indeed!

lol! Maine Coone all wet makes me feel so sad, it's like someone pulled a "Thinner" on them!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Oh my gosh, the last thing any cat needs is a freaking tank.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I'm listening to this
    The End of Summer: Thirteen Tales of Halloween by J. Tonzelli
    It's pretty damn good.

https://www.amazon.com/End-Summer-Th.../dp/098844688X

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Check this out. It's hysterical.......................

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/76482
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I'm listening to this
    The End of Summer: Thirteen Tales of Halloween by J. Tonzelli
    It's pretty damn good.

https://www.amazon.com/End-Summer-Th.../dp/098844688X

Just finished reading this. Some really good stories.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I guess this is as good a thread as any in which to post this info, and it's about the right time of year to resurrect this thread anyway:

The Folio Society has published an edition of The Exorcist, which looks quite nice (and uses some artwork that should be familiar to some of you): http://www.foliosociety.com/book/EXC/exorcist
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I've never read The Exorcist (to be honest, the thought of it terrifies me ), but that edition looks pretty nice. I dig the artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    and it's about the right time of year to resurrect this thread anyway:
    Correct you are!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I've never read The Exorcist (to be honest, the thought of it terrifies me ), but that edition looks pretty nice. I dig the artwork.
    It's a very creepy book and one of my favorites. I read it long after seeing the movie and it still managed to unnerve me. LOVE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    It's a very creepy book and one of my favorites. I read it long after seeing the movie and it still managed to unnerve me. LOVE IT!
    The movie creeped me the fuck out for days after I watched it, so I can only imagine what the book would do to me.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I read the book before the movie, but neither really did it for me. I think I remember enjoying Legion (Blatty's sequel) more.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I love Exorcist 3 and I've always wanted to read Legion but there is no audiobook.

I read this last year and it was pretty good:
    http://www.cemeterydance.com/dark-harvest.html

I recommend Harvest Home is you have never read it.
    https://www.amazon.com/Harvest-Home-.../dp/B00EZEX7PW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2