Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Movie League (who knew?)

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Changed my lineup a few times this morning Started with Miss P, but the low preview number turned me off so then I was torn between going heavy on Sully or Storks. Only one other person in the top 100 has the same lineup as me. Here's hoping we don't crash and burn. I need to gain a bit of money back from my loss last week to stay competitive with the top.
    I started off heavy sully, but then switched to Miss P.. Funny, I didn't think the low preview number was too bad, especially given it's target audience.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

So, I've kinda lost interest after my big win, sorry. Have fun!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Or is it just because you forgot that first week Youll be back come awards season!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Still not sure what to play this week. I'm torn between 2 lineups. They took away my Storks bonus last week which I really needed, so now I dropped down a bunch of spots. I'll probably be out of the top 100 soon
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Magnificent 7 is my lineup. I should clear 70M. If mag 7 gets bonus that's huge.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Kudos to you for going with the Magnificent Seven, Matt. You'll make a ton of money if it gets the bonus. Looks like a really tight race for bonus between that Masterminds and Queen. Never even considered playing either Mag 7 or Masterminds, I expected a much larger drop for both of them.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

There's something wrong with my computer screen. It says I'm actually winning this week.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

This week is MINE. I'm advancing into that Norms etc., tournament. Funny position 1 and 2 in the league (Inglourious versus Victorious) are competing for entry into the tournament lol

I changed my lineup this morning to a completely hedgy lineup. I had The Accountant and all Max Steele all week but was weary about how both would do. Well then I forgot to check back in before lock time, and now I'm stuck with this lineup Hopefully one of my films can get the bonus otherwise I'll probably be saying goodbye to the top 100.

Good luck Matt! Are you still in that Olympic tournament?

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I changed my lineup this morning to a completely hedgy lineup. I had The Accountant and all Max Steele all week but was weary about how both would do. Well then I forgot to check back in before lock time, and now I'm stuck with this lineup Hopefully one of my films can get the bonus otherwise I'll probably be saying goodbye to the top 100.
    That is actually the opposite of what happened with me. I wanted to change my lineup to go with The Accountant after reading an article that stated it's poised to surprise at the box office. Oh well. I think the Kevin Hart "movie" will do well too. I just can't imagine why anybody would pay money to see stand-up comedy at a movie theater. Especially one featuring such an annoyingly average comedian/screamer.

Oh man, I dropped way down So I have to wonder why were the pros so off on forecasting the Accountant this week? PBO kept lowering their projections which usually isn't a good sign. I had it making more than what they thought but not as much as it is because of that. Also seems as if most critics hate it, yet the audience loves it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, I dropped way down So I have to wonder why were the pros so off on forecasting the Accountant this week? PBO kept lowering their projections which usually isn't a good sign. I had it making more than what they thought but not as much as it is because of that. Also seems as if most critics hate it, yet the audience loves it.
    Affleck is hot right now. I'm kicking myself.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

If accountant came in at 20, MS would have the bonus and I'd have 12M extra and PC. literally only 4-5M between me at 1470 and 1 for the week with raw box office. I was close. Hoping MS hits 4.5 and adds a million to my box office

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Fan boys left me hanging with Max Steele - grrrrr. Prognosticators were way off this week.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I knew Max Steel was an imminent dumpster fire. Accountant making more screwed my line up. Oh well.

Me too I'm still kicking myself for forgetting and not checking in and adjusting my lineup this past weekend. I completely let the pro forecasts about Accountant sway me away from it (well that plus the fact that I'm out of the loop and had never heard about, nor even seen a commercial for the movie). I was doing so good at staying competitive this season, but I think this week just screwed me for the whole season. I have about 35 mil to make up, and about 15 mil to get back into the top 100.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Only halfway through. I went from 4000 to around 1400 in 3 weeks.

I know I should be optimistic, but I feel like the people at the top are never wrong. I probably need to take a big chance on something where everyone plays it safe.

Also congrats, I saw you're still in that Pro/Norm tournament. Good luck!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm officially in the noobs versus tournament after two preliminary rounds. Been playing better than the number 1 seed in my bracket. I want to win this so I can never let FML forget.

Also what do you think about Tyler Perry's new movie? Right now if it reaches projections it's the runaway bonus winner. I could see it making that, or way less than that

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I like it looks as shitty as the last 5 Madea movies. For comps in terms of box office decline and not genre, have to look at Paranormal Activity and Saw due to length.

Madea openings:
    Madea 1 - 30M
    Madea 2 - 41M
    Madea 3 - 25M
    Madea 4 - 25M
    Madea 5 - 16M

Paranormal Activity openings

1 - Hard to say...but it made a lot platformed between weeks 3-5 (almost 50M)
    2 - 40M
    3 - 52M
    4 - 29M
    5 - 18M
    6 - 8M

Saw openings

1 - 18M
    2 - 31M
    3 - 33M
    4 - 31M
    5 - 30M
    6 - 14M

I personally think Madea will flop and will make about 10M, probably less. The franchise is all but dead outside some hardcore fans.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm personally going with Ouija 2 on five screens...13.5M I think it will make, and 3 storks as my filler. Ouija did decent enough and I think teenagers like it and that who this movie is aimed at and if it only makes 10M I'll be very surprised. The horror market is dry too.

Yeah I was debating with Ouija. I could see it making around 13, or possibly higher. Although Blair Witch just flopped so I don't know. But then again it is closer to Halloween so maybe. And right now I have Storks as my filler too. I think it'll have another decent hold since it's the only kids movie out now.

And I'm definitely not the audience for Madea, so I have no clue if it'll flop or people will go to see it. Those comps you posted though are intetesting and do show a trend. Also the LRF started off around 11 I think, it was just this past week that they bumped it up to 18.5, which seemed weird to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast