Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Movie League (who knew?)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Cheer for Team Basterd in the FML Olympics.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Do you have a team going Matt? Good luck!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Shannon! If I'm not mistaken, you've taken the crown from Heather for the first time. I think she's won every season so far.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. Yeah, she won the first two (two? three?). So, it's about damn time someone beat her.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

Evidently I made such an impression on the guy running he specifically reserved me a spot when he announced it haha

Congrats Shannon! Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

Evidently I made such an impression on the guy running he specifically reserved me a spot when he announced it haha

Congrats Shannon! Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
    That's cool. Keep us updated on how your team does.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Heather will come back with a vengeance. Mark my words.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Everyone is still high on squad. Hoping it only makes 9M after all this breaking even talk. So long as HoHW takes the bonus I should be in good shape. Don't Breathe should get me about 18M and Kubo should about break even if those Tuesday numbers are any indication. I'll get a nice lead on the pack if I win this week.

I have HOHW as one of my top bonus picks as well. I didn't want go all in on it though in case it doesn't get it. Hopefully I'll get a solid amount from my lineup.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hell or High Water is a really good film for what it's worth. It's rolling into more theaters this week, so I'm banking on that.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

A lot of people are comping guardians to squad to justify a tiny drop because Guardians had a significant increase. Guardians was a take the whole family kind of movie with TMNT only direct competition, while Squad isn't a whole family movie and the family market has Kubo, Pete, Pets, and Dory...adult market is also flooded with Don't Breathe, Southside, Sausage, Moms, Hell, Oceans, and Mechanic.

I am really hoping for squad to surprise everyone with only 8M and it seems way more likely to me than everyone else!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Guess who forgot it was Friday, woot woot! lol

And guess who starts out the season with a perfect cineplex

But that also happened last season, and I only went downhill from there

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

If only Squad came in lower, the only real difference would be the PC bonus. Our raw totals were only a couple million away from each other. Being ranked in the top 500 to start ain't so bad.

Or if HOHW made a tiny bit more you'd be ahead. It was close.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I only had the extra HOHW. I was banking this week on Squad coming in lower than everyone's expectations. If it came in at a 15% drop, I'd have won the week. Still, I had the third best Cineplex possible. The higher gross for Kubo and Don't Breathe put me up quite a bit. Original 4 day estimates had me in 737 place, and now I'm just out of the top 400.

I am seriously considering calling all in on Don't Breathe at first look. That or anchor with Sully and as many Don't Breathes as I can squeeze in.

You guys, am I number 1 overall? I know I'm tied with about 30 something others but it looks like I'm somehow at the top of the pack. Just nearly missed the PC this week by about $20,000. But glad to see my ranking hasn't changed. I'm making my comeback this season

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I dropped 2000.

I'm very nervous. Jumped ship on BJB to Snowden at the last minute.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I hedged.

3xJones
    3xSnowden
    Squad
    HoHW

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I had a strong feeling my lineup would beat most of the 2xStorks line ups, especially the popular one you went with Heather, so I felt confident...until Storks's estimate is 10M short of what I imagined it doing, around 27/28 Million. I'm a couple million over my original line up of Mag7/Storks/6xHoHW at least! But since Storks came in short, the Sully line ups have taken it and taken away my week win!

I should have switched to Sully. Contemplated it but the high predictions of Storks swayed me. I didn't think it was going to make as much as they said, but I thought at least 25mil, which wouldn't have put it too far behind Sully if it had a decent hold. Never expected Don't Breathe to get the bonus. I don't think it ever came up in any calculation I did. That's a crazy hold that it has.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I stuck with Sully all the way. The fall is rarely the time for kid's films, since everyone is back in school, playing weekend soccer, etc. I feel good to get my first win earlier in the season, in this my second season. I sill don't get how the bonus is calculated. Sorry to say it rarely comes into my choices. Anyone care to enlighten me in the interest of fair play?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Basically just divide the box office by the cost to play it per screen and the highest number wins. A movie with a cost of 35 that makes 3M will beat a movie with a cost of 70 that makes 5.5M

Changed my lineup a few times this morning Started with Miss P, but the low preview number turned me off so then I was torn between going heavy on Sully or Storks. Only one other person in the top 100 has the same lineup as me. Here's hoping we don't crash and burn. I need to gain a bit of money back from my loss last week to stay competitive with the top.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast