Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Movie League (who knew?)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill, looks liked you picked eight movies. Job done, lol.

And Mr. Servant, your lineup doesn't look so good.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post

I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks!! LOL I'm still not sure how I managed to do it. I actually had wanted to change one or two and couldn't seem to find the "Pick Movies" option again. LOL Hopefully, I can figure it out for next week.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You're open to change your lineup until it locks on Fridays. I don't think your lineup is too bad, predicting The Visit to be the big winner this week and then filling up the rest of your theatres with what can be afforded.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You're open to change your lineup until it locks on Fridays. I don't think your lineup is too bad, predicting The Visit to be the big winner this week and then filling up the rest of your theatres with what can be afforded.

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out come next week. A fun little exercise at the very least.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I wanted to put The Visit in more than one theater, but at the hefty price tag I couldn't fill up all my theaters so I had to leave it in only one. So far the estimate for my theater isn't too bad, but I'm curious as to what the best option was.

Also what's everyones username over there?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh and Bill, if you want to switch movies you might have to remove them from your theater to make an open spot then something should pop up to add a new movie.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I messed up. I actually set my theater earlier in the week just in case I forgot. The only problem is that they wouldn't let me add The Visit and The Perfect Guy because they weren't released yet. I of course forgot to go back and add them on Friday.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What do you mean they weren't released? I'm thinking that you forgot to REMOVE the movies you added previously in order to have enough money left over to BUY The Visit/Perfect Guy.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow my estimates were off. For example, The Transporter went from 9 million to 2.6 million this week. How does that happen? lol Straight Outta Compton went from 60.2 million, then 26.4 million, then 13.1 million, then 10.8 million then to this week's 3.9 million? Talk about a dropoff. I know these are only estimates, but man oh man, I expected Compton to do a little bit better, thus securing me the top spot again, boooooo!

War Room: 11.4, 13.4 --- 9 million (7.7 million)
    No Escape: 8.1, 7.0 --- 6.5 million (2.7 million)
    The Transport Refueled: 9 --- 6 million (2.6 million)
    A Walk In The Woods: 10.9 --- 7 million (5.1 million)
    The Perfect Guy (new) --- 17 million (26.5 million)
    The Visit (new) --- 20 million (22.5 million)
    90 Minutes In Heaven (new) --- 4 million (no estimate yet)
    Minions: 5.1, 3.8, 2.9, 3.9 --- 2.25 million (1.1 million)
    Ant-Man: 5.5, 4.1, 3.1, 3.8 ---2 million (1.6 million)
    Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation: 17.2, 11.5, 8.2, 9.4 --- 7.5 million (4 million)
    The Gift: 6.5, 4.3, 3.0, 3.4 --- 2.5 million (no estimate yet)
    Straight Outta Compton: 60.2, 26.4, 13.1, 10.8 --- 10 million (3.9 million)
    The Man From UNCLE: 13.4, 7.3, 4.4, 4.5 --- 3 million (1.9 million)
    Sinister 2: 10.5, 4.7, 4.2 --- 2.5 million (1.3 million)
    Hitman: Agent 47: 8.3, 4.2, 2.8 --- 2.5 million (640 thousand)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What do you mean they weren't released? I'm thinking that you forgot to REMOVE the movies you added previously in order to have enough money left over to BUY The Visit/Perfect Guy.
    Yeah, they were place holders essentially. I was going to remove a few films and add The Visit, Perfect Guy and maybe some others. Until the movies are released, they don't let you fill your theaters with them. Unless I'm doing something wrong. My intention was to go back and remove some films and add the new ones. I just blanked on Friday. In the end, it was good I put some movies in there because it's better than nothing.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm surprised The Perfect Guy is staying with The Visit. I thought The Visit could push 30 mil.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You have the black crowd with the Perfect Guy and the horror/mystery crowd with the Visit.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Oh and Bill, if you want to switch movies you might have to remove them from your theater to make an open spot then something should pop up to add a new movie.
    Thanks for the tip. Makes perfect sense. So, are we going to try and level the playing field somehow or just run with it as is for fun? I'm cool either way you guys can, can't or want to play it. It's still a fun and interesting exercise however it pans out.

Can the person that originally formed the "League" even manipulate the data in any way?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's just for fun. I already take the 3 fantasy football leagues I'm in way too seriously.

I can't (to my knowledge) manipulate the data, nor would I want to.

Unless I want to buy a shitload of tickets for some of these movies.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    It's just for fun. I already take the 3 fantasy football leagues I'm in way too seriously.

I can't (to my knowledge) manipulate the data, nor would I want to.

Unless I want to buy a shitload of tickets for some of these movies.
    Fair enough. I was just curious is all.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Spent the past twenty minutes doing the numbers for this week, and I think I'm sitting comfortable at the top spot.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spent the past twenty minutes doing the numbers for this week, and I think I'm sitting comfortable at the top spot.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

To be fair, I thought I'd share this here.

APPARENTLY Everest isn't opening wide until NEXT weekend. I just found this info out and it has FUCKED my lineup. I had the perfect lineup of ... nevermind. Good thing there's enough time to change my lineup before it closes.

Fuck.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

To be fair, I thought I'd share this here.

APPARENTLY Everest isn't opening wide until NEXT weekend. I just found this info out and it has FUCKED my lineup. I had the perfect lineup of ... nevermind. Good thing there's enough time to change my lineup before it closes.

Fuck.
    Shannon, then why was it available as a selection? You sure? I edited my picks any way to exclude it. Black Mass, should be the shit this week!!!

Looking forward to seeing it!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Because it's available in some theaters, they let you pick it.

Maze Runner is so expensive, I won't be able to add much else to my theater this week if I pick it. 623 bucks. Damn.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It's releasing in IMAX this week and regular theatres next week. Still might be worth it, but I'm not risking it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Side note: "Everest" at the IMAX should be an awesome site to behold from what I can see in the trailers.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I'll do well this week.

I'm looking forward to seeing Everest.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm posting this as a reminder to everybody else (but myself more than anybody), don't forget to set your box office for this weekend.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Some decent lineups this week, this is how I think it's gonna play out.

1) Shannon (this guy is awesome)
    2) Heather (I think Uncle is gonna bring in less than Ant Man this week)
    3) fantagor72 (I see what you're doing, going for the potential bonuses with Captive, but I don't think Captive is gonna do the five million it needs)
    4) Kristopher.webster (little bit of everything, not bad)
    5 and 6 tied) sbaldelli1 and DoctorDodge (bringing in the big money but then losing about fifteen percent of it due to the empty screens)
    7) wbender2 (great idea, but you should have found the best way to fill up your screens)
    8) cr1msonk1ng (lost a lot of money not including either of the big movies)
    9) mikebaldelli (see above)
    10) fernhern86 (abducted by aliens)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast