Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Movie League (who knew?)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, that's what I did. I originally had a 2-2-4 combo.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So I went and completely changed my entire lineup last night when the new data came in. I have no faith in it though. I'll kick myself if Spectre does extremely well and Peanuts fails. I just don't see it getting anywhere in the upper 40s, but hopefully I'm wrong. I have to root for it now
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I forgot to change my lineup regarding Jobs' low theatre count. Oops.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

We've got some very different lineups this week. All I gotta say is COME ON BURNT! GET ME 3.2 MILLION!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Well for being pretty uncertain about my picks, I'm liking my estimate so far. Do we know where the bonus is heading yet?

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently 3 way tie for bonus between Woodlawn, Intern and Burnt, with The Martian close behind. If Burny takes it that will add 21 million to my box office

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I want it to stay just like this

If only Bond were doing a little better.

You'll make a ton of money if it does. I took Burnt, it was my second pick for bonus if Peanuts didn't make upper 40s and take it. Hope it goes to Burnt and not The Intern.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Second place for the week, only 1.5million behind first place ... as of right now this second, kinda glad I didn't switch from my lineup, although almost ANY OTHER MOVIE THAN MY THREE JOBS (except for Scouts) would have made me #1.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

You mean third if Burnt gets the bonus, right Shannon? If Burnt gets the bonus I'll probably finally get my win this week!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Why was I thinking the estimates included the bonus numbers?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Fingers crossed for ya, Matt.

And fingers uncrossed for you as usual, Devil Woman.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I might see Burnt five times tomorrow even though I don't believe Canadian box office is factored in!

I'm with you though. If it goes to Burnt that'll give me an extra $6mil. I hate how they declare the bonus winner so early. They should wait till they announce the results because it can definitely skew things. Plus those people will probably be pissed if their numbers go down

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It seems The Intern just barely has the bonus now. We're going to have to wait until Monday night when weekend actuals are in.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

staythesamestaythesamestaythesame!

Martian has the bonus now methinks.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The perfect cinema seems to be 1 Peanuts and x7 The Martians. We've had some films that just kept being valuable this season.

Damn Shannon, you just squeaked right by me. The bonus needs to switch to Burnt please

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Woot woot!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My biggest box office gross is also my biggest disappointment lol.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    My biggest box office gross is also my biggest disappointment lol.
    LOL. I also had my biggest box office this week and still came in third.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

AFter last weeks disappointment I'd almost forgotten to do this weeks. I didn't feel like trying to figure out the bonus too hard, but I think all three films I chose could potentially get it, and I think what I chose will get me the most box office buck without including bonus so I went with it.

That's what I usually try to do, get what will give me the most money minus bonuses. They can be so unpredictable. Usually my lineups include a film or films that I think are likely to get it, but if it's not going to make me a bunch of money if it fails to get it, I won't use it.

Also as for last week, I think it was luck for those that picked The Martian. It was so close that it could have gone to a number of the films. And The Martian got it by having only a 20% drop from the previous week, which considering the length of time its been in the theater I never would have predicted such a low drop.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Also as for last week, I think it was luck for those that picked The Martian. It was so close that it could have gone to a number of the films. And The Martian got it by having only a 20% drop from the previous week, which considering the length of time its been in the theater I never would have predicted such a low drop.
    The Martian is so good and the word of mouth is so strong that people are still heading to the theater.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast