Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1102

Thread: Fantasy Movie League (who knew?)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I took a big hit two weeks ago, but I jumped up a lot last week, and I think I've got the PC this week, so I should jump back up again.

Hopefully we eliminate one of them from the survivor league and we end up winning this.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My interest in this league has kind of puttered out, but now that I have a new phone, I can add the app back. Hopefully that will allow me to participate more.

That said, I was thinking of hosting another fantasy movie league, but it would be different and a lot less hands on. So basically we would draft 2018 films like you would in any fantasy league. Example: Let's say I had the first pick, I would draft Avengers: Infinity War. The person drafting second picks Deadpool 2. We keep going (depending on how many people we get to play) for a set amount of rounds. At the end of 2018, we add up the domestic box office for each film that was drafted. The team that has the most accumulated box office wins.

There's no changing your box office every week or anything like that. You have the movies you draft all year. Anyone interested, or should I just move on?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm number 2 overall! I missed and picked the wrong lineup this week, so Sailor Moon got a little further ahead of me with the PC bonus. This is the best I've ever done, and I know there's a bunch of weeks left, but maybe I actually have a shot at winning. I know it's a long shot, but hey a girl can dream.

Mike, I hope you start to play again. I lost a little bit of steam over the summer and fall, but I'm getting more into it again. Funny thing is I was actually dying for them to make an android app, but since they have I've still been using the mobile version. I'm just so used to it, I don't care to switch now

I might be interested in playing your other fantasy league. I never do fantasy sports though, so I don't really know how it works, but if you do set it up let me know and I might join.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've started my long journey back to the top 1000 after getting rocked playing Ferdinand, and I dropped down to 10,000+ something and now I'm at 2300. This week looks insane though. I don't know what to make of any of these new movies on the slate.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yeah, I haven't done any analysis yet. I think The Post will make a lot, but I have to do some math to see if it's worth playing. I'm bummed the analyzer went down, it made it so much easier. Now I have to do everything long hand, and I still might miss a possible lineup.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

And just like that I went from 2 down to 30 Why oh why did I play Paddington? I played what I thought was a safer lineup but should have played my Commuter lineup instead, then I'd only have dropped 1 or 2 spots. There goes my chance of winning.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm pissed because I put in the PC without even questioning it. But then I didn't think Greatest Showman would get the bonus, so I anchored with Jumanji...which had the BP until today. I dropped from 135 for the week to 1000 something. I'd probably in the top 1000 overall if I'd stayed with my original line up.

I know I hate when I switch off of something good to something that tanks. I only played Paddington on my other cineplex because I had a strong feeling that almost everyone in the top 100 would, so I thought it'd be better to stay with the masses than play something a little riskier. But that did not work out in my favor.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Two weeks ago, I was in first place all weekend until the very end. So close.

I'm hoping to participate every week this season.

Yes, I hope you do. Have you thought about joining another league? I joined the resistance way back and I think it definitely helped my gameplay. There's a lot of good advice in there. Maybe if you're more involved you'll get more into it to?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Yes, I hope you do. Have you thought about joining another league? I joined the resistance way back and I think it definitely helped my gameplay. There's a lot of good advice in there. Maybe if you're more involved you'll get more into it to?
    Yeah, that might not be a bad idea. I will have to look around. Having a new phone will help too.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Yeah, that might not be a bad idea. I will have to look around. Having a new phone will help too.
    Here's the info for the resistance if you're interested

League name: The FML Resistance Password: notfutile

It's funny because they finally got a proper android app, which I had been dying for, but I think I've just gotten so used to using the mobile version that I never use the app. The one thing I wish they would add is if you're in any chatter, they need a button to bring you to the last post read. It really is a pain going through a thread that has multiple pages to find the last comment.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Here's the info for the resistance if you're interested

League name: The FML Resistance Password: notfutile

It's funny because they finally got a proper android app, which I had been dying for, but I think I've just gotten so used to using the mobile version that I never use the app. The one thing I wish they would add is if you're in any chatter, they need a button to bring you to the last post read. It really is a pain going through a thread that has multiple pages to find the last comment.
    The app for android is pretty good. I don't usually read the chatter, but I probably should.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Chatter isn't as active as it used to be. I usually just use my laptop, though the mobile site works in a pinch. Since they updated chatter though, chatter is an absolute mess on the mobile site.

Yeah I never really go in the main chatter anymore. It became a mess with all the nonsense postings. You had to weed through tons of threads to find one that might have useful info. Maybe it's gotten better since they've separated them. I usually just stick with the Resistance chatter as there's only gameplay threads. Maybe I should try using the app more.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The three of us are pretty close after week one. I'm amazed that I didn't foul up in week one, as I seem to every goddamn season. It's hard to play catch up when you start a season rank 15,000 lol

I was worried when I checked the other day and Game Night had the bonus. I never even considered that one. It would have put me quite a bit behind.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I hedged between Game Night and Shades for BP.

I was between Fifty Shades and Red Sparrow. That one let me down a bit. But oh well, I wasn't far off.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm at the highest rank I've ever been at I don't really expect my rank to change by the time things go official. My previous highest was 135, I'm 122 right now.

Congrats Matt! I switched off of Strangers at the last min a few weeks ago and it knocked me way down. I had it all week, don't know why I didn't stick with my gut. And last week I thought I was fine with my I Can Only Imagine bp pick, that I didn't even look at Thursday numbers. Bummed I didn't put more in there.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope it stays as it currently is. I'm in the top 100 as it stands!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

FUCK!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I had the Friday PC, but it ended up not bad for me. Almost in the top 100!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished rank 61. My best season.

I started a league of anyone wants to join

https://fantasymovieleague.com/league/19676?weekId=162
    Password: Four Rooms

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 LastLast