Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Movie League (who knew?)

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just joined and added my movies, but I don't have a season estimate yet for some reason...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just joined. For some unknown reason my laptop was not properly displaying the page content. So, now I can't select films until, Monday, yes?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I just joined. For some unknown reason my laptop was not properly displaying the page content. So, now I can't select films until, Monday, yes?
    Yeah, since you missed this week it does some kind of default estimate or something. Or maybe that's just if you don't make any picks. I'm not too sure about it. Anyway, it's a long season.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Yeah, since you missed this week it does some kind of default estimate or something. Or maybe that's just if you don't make any picks. I'm not too sure about it. Anyway, it's a long season.
    Yeah, I guess we'll find out early next week how it works. I have a very limited idea as to what the hell I am doing, but it sure looks like fun and I'm game to give it a try anyway.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

@Shannon. Five theaters showing A Walk in the Woods?

Good strategy. I didn't know you could do that many theaters for one movie. I'm going to try to do that more. Kudos.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm also shocked this War Room movie is doing so well. I didn't even pick it this week. I hadn't even heard of it until last week, which is hard to do.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not about favorites, it's about how much money the movie will make versus how much it costs to "buy" it.

If Straight Outta Compton costs $1000 bucks to buy and makes you $10,000,000 each screen for one screen, that's $10,000,000.

But if Walk in the Woods costs $120 and makes you $1,500,000 each screen for eight screens, that's $12,000,000.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    It's not about favorites, it's about how much money the movie will make versus how much it costs to "buy" it.

If Straight Outta Compton costs $1000 bucks to buy and makes you $10,000,000 each screen for one screen, that's $10,000,000.

But if Walk in the Woods costs $120 and makes you $1,500,000 each screen for eight screens, that's $12,000,000.
    True, I just didn't think A Walk in the Woods was going to do that well. It's aimed at an older audience that tends to stay away from theaters this time of year. Then again, for 120, that's a pretty good deal.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't think it would do that well (and seeing as how we're just getting estimated numbers so far, it might not be correct) but I thought it would be worth more per dollar than the bigger movies.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinning heeehee

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinning heeehee
    So now you're "Charlie Sheen"? LOL LOL LOL

How's that little bundle of Joy of yours doing, dude? She getting big?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Getting bigger and smarter and more stubborn everyday. Almost have her 100% potty trained.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cute!!!! You're a lucky man!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Bill. She's gonna be trouble, lol.

Back to the topic at hand, me kicking ya'll's asses. If you guys could figure out how to play, that would be wonderful. Thanks.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a long season.

I was taking a more realistic approach to filling my theater. In reality, no theater would ever have 5 theaters with A Walk in the Woods, but that's not how the game works I suppose. I've got the hang of it now though.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I just wasn't expecting A Walk in the Woods to do nearly as well as it did. I should have substituted my Sinister 2 picks for it but I thought it would have been too risky.

As for this week, I guess they're expecting The Visit to do well because it's got a pretty hefty price tag.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I just wasn't expecting A Walk in the Woods to do nearly as well as it did. I should have substituted my Sinister 2 picks for it but I thought it would have been too risky.

As for this week, I guess they're expecting The Visit to do well because it's got a pretty hefty price tag.
    I'm hearing good things about The Visit. I'm intrigued and interested to see it.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone else's numbers change between yesterday and today? Like, I BELIEVE I had 75 million or so at the end of Week 1, but now it seems I have 99 million. I thought it had something to do with the 2/3MM bonuses, but I'm not so sure.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Movie History and Shannon's Predictions (but not his picks, hee hee)

War Room: 11.4, 13.4 --- 9 million
    No Escape: 8.1, 7.0 --- 6.5 million
    The Transport Refueled: 9 --- 6 million
    A Walk In The Woods: 10.9 --- 7 million
    The Perfect Guy (new) --- 10 million
    The Visit (new) --- 10 million
    90 Minutes In Heaven (new) --- 4 million
    Minions: 5.1, 3.8, 2.9, 3.9 --- 2.25 million
    Ant-Man: 5.5, 4.1, 3.1, 3.8 ---2 million
    Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation: 17.2, 11.5, 8.2, 9.4 --- 7.5 million
    The Gift: 6.5, 4.3, 3.0, 3.4 --- 2.5 million
    Straight Outta Compton: 60.2, 26.4, 13.1, 10.8 --- 10 million
    The Man From UNCLE: 13.4, 7.3, 4.4, 4.5 --- 3 million
    Sinister 2: 10.5, 4.7, 4.2 --- 2.5 million
    Hitman: Agent 47: 8.3, 4.2, 2.8 --- 2.5 million

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Changing my mind. I'm putting The Perfect Guy at 17 million and The Visit at 20 million.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Did anyone else's numbers change between yesterday and today? Like, I BELIEVE I had 75 million or so at the end of Week 1, but now it seems I have 99 million. I thought it had something to do with the 2/3MM bonuses, but I'm not so sure.
    Mine went up as well. I think it's the bonuses we got for A Walk in the Woods.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Either that or the three day weekend became a four day weekend. Who knows.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Very interesting week.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I fucked up. I forgot to go back and add the new movies when they became available.

I specifically went in earlier in the week and picked a few movies just in case I forget with the intention of going back and adding The Visit and changing things around and I totally blanked all day. I'm off to a rocky start.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I fucked up. I forgot to go back and add the new movies when they became available.

I specifically went in earlier in the week and picked a few movies just in case I forget with the intention of going back and adding The Visit and changing things around and I totally blanked all day. I'm off to a rocky start.
    Can you take a look at my entry? Did I do this right? The site seems a little awkward to me to navigate. I hope I got it right.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast