Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Terry Goodkind or Terry Brooks books

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Default Terry Goodkind or Terry Brooks books

Hi, I wanted to ask if anyone could recommend something for my wife to read from whomever of these 2 authors people like best if you have the time.
    She read all the GoT books, the Magician books and Hyperion series.
    Thanks for your help!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked a number of Terry Goodkind's first books:
    *Wizard's First Rule
    *Stone of Tears
    *Blood of the Fold
    All part of the Sword of Truth series. Enjoyable, but somehow I never finished it.

I read quite a few of Terry Brooks, books:
    *The original Shannara trilogy
    *The Heritage of Shannara tetralogy
    *World & Void series
    Must have read more, but don't really remember. I would pick Brooks over Goodkind, though.

Hope this helps,

sk

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

The original Shannara trilogy by Brooks. Sword of Shannara, Elfstones of Shannara and Wishsong of Shannara. The upcoming Shannara TV show will be an adaptation of Elfstones.
    In Digitized Remorse

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fall of Gilead View Post
    The original Shannara trilogy by Brooks. Sword of Shannara, Elfstones of Shannara and Wishsong of Shannara. The upcoming Shannara TV show will be an adaptation of Elfstones.
    Agreed! Isn't the upcoming tv show going to be on MTV?
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes it will be on MTV in January.
    In Digitized Remorse

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for your suggestions, much appreciated.

Along the Path of the Beam Wicked will become famous soon enough Wicked's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

I have read, and finished the whole 'Sword of Truth' series by Terry Goodkind, and read most of the Richard and Kahlan series (that continues the SoT adventures of the 2 main characters) he has carried on with.

Though I loved the SoT series, I think stopping at the end of that series would have done me fine. The continuation of it seemed unnecessary and IMO, didn't live up to what the original series was.
    “Beyond the reach of human rage..A drop of hell, a touch of strange ...” ― Stephen King, The Gunslinger

+ Reply to Thread