Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help wanted ad

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Help wanted ad

I need a volunteer(s) to go through every entry in our Collectors Catalog and let me know about needed corrections.

Missing (screwed up imageshak, etc.) images are a top priority.

Secondary are mistakes in the Title, Author (Hope there aren't many) Artist, Publisher, etc.

I don't want duplication of effort. If more than one person volunteers, we can divide up the work.

PM me if interested.

TIA

RF

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to racerX45 for checking the US 1st editions.
    He put together a cool spreadsheet with corrections.
    Example: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B03...dms/view?pli=1

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wait--he's done already?! Way to make the rest of us look bad!

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Or it is a sad statement on my less than exciting weekend!
    “Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.”
    — Roland Deschain

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bloody hell! I spent most of yesterday afternoon going through the Alphabetical list in fine detail. I thought I was doing well getting through A - C (lots in the C's).

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Thanks to racerX45 for checking the US 1st editions.
    He put together a cool spreadsheet with corrections.
    Example: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B03...dms/view?pli=1
    Impressive! Way to go, racer!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Bloody hell! I spent most of yesterday afternoon going through the Alphabetical list in fine detail. I thought I was doing well getting through A - C (lots in the C's).
    Don't stop. You didn't make the mistakes, you're helping find them.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have been through all the Stephen King Collectibles Catalog and focused on the images only. here is a list of those entries with missing images or other issues:

Missing images
    Borderlands 5 S/L - Missing images
    Dandelion Wine S/L has missing images
    Dark Man Lettered - missing video Seems OK now
    Guantlet 2 S/L Missing images
    Great Ghost Stories - Lettered Missing Images
    House Next Door S/L Old New York Press ( all images missing - Imageshack)
    Insomnia Portfolio - missing images (Imageshack)
    Killer Inside Me S/L - All Images missing
    Legends S/L Missing Images - image shack)
    New Lieutenants Rap - Missing Image
    The Plant S/L - Missing Images Imageshack)
    Quietly Now Lettered - Missing Images
    Regulators S/L Missing Images (Imageshack)
    Rock Bottom Remainders Lithograph S/L - Missing Image
    Secretary of Dreams Vol One S/L - missing image (imageshack)
    Under The Dome S/L Missing Image Imageshack
    Whispers Lettered & S/L - Missing images

HTML Issues
    House Next Door S/L Betts - spurious HTML tag [/Center]
    Legacies - S/L - spurious HTML tag - [/LEFT]
    Skeleton Crew - Publishers personal Check copy - spurious HTML Tag [CENTER]

TOC Link Issues
    Rock Bottom Remainders Lithograph S/L - Link does not go to article, but to discussion
    Wind Through the Keyhole S/L UK - Link does not go to article, but to discussion

Duplicates
    Cujo Taylor Guitar is listed twice (once as Cujo Taylor and again as Taylor Cujo)

Other issues
    A few books have a single entry for S/L and Lettered, this seems to be the earlier books and convention now seems to be to list separately even if they are 99% the same. The Books are:
    Christine
    Cujo
    Frankenstein
    Gunslinger
    Whispers
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Just curious....what happens with the photos if Imageshack shuts down? Do we lose them? Would it make sense to do this right and put the images on our server?

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Just curious....what happens with the photos if Imageshack shuts down? Do we lose them? Would it make sense to do this right and put the images on our server?

Mulleins
    Its a good point Ralph, I appreciate it's a lot of work RF, but it would make sense to have all of the Catalog images held locally. More than happy to assist with transitioning them.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Mulleins
    Its a good point Ralph, I appreciate it's a lot of work RF, but it would make sense to have all of the Catalog images held locally. More than happy to assist with transitioning them.
    I can help with some of the missing images as well like, Lettered Whispers, Lettered Quietly Now, etc. I'm thinking at one time the images did exist. For example, I know the S/L Under The Dome was there. It showed the book and cards.

I'm thinking part of our image issue is Imageshack.
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mulleins
    What's what happens with external solutions : we never know what will happen if they decide to change their rules. And I believe that that's what happened a year or so ago..
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've worked for 5 hours to fix the stuff in racerx45's list, almost all of stroppy goblin's stuff, and a PM from jcsmcmullen92.

Still trying to figure out why some links go to the discussion "tab" rather than to the "article" tab.
    Also need a few images.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

What images do you want for each book? I see some pages with the cover, flap, CR page, etc., and some with just a cover image.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

RF you should have my list of updates to the proofs section. Emailed today with images.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    What images do you want for each book? I see some pages with the cover, flap, CR page, etc., and some with just a cover image.
    That's a more massive project.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

If the images are posted I don't mind going through slowly and adding them to the postings if given a format you want followed.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It's also very much needed for the Mobile app

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Mobile as in android?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Mobile as in android?
    Still not started on the Andorid app - sorry Real life (and a day job) keeps getting in the way... But the image resource would be applicable to both versions of the app.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Lot of work to be done.
    Thanks to those who have helped so far.
    With help from stroppy goblin, we are moving all images to our server. We won't need to worry if imageshak, photobucket, or other pic hosting sites change their rules.
    As long as our server is working, their should be no broken pic links.
    Other corrections are being made.
    The UK 1st editions is (I'm told), a nightmare.
    I was able to walk to my bookshelf when questions arrived about a US firsts. I don't have that physical reference at hand for UK 1st editions.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Lot of work to be done.
    With help from stroppy goblin, we are moving all images to our server. We won't need to worry if imageshak, photobucket, or other pic hosting sites change their rules.
    I was able to walk to my bookshelf when questions arrived about a US firsts. I don't have that physical reference at hand for UK 1st editions.
    I have all the UK 1sts. Once we get passed this first Image hurdle, we can work through those.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I believe racerx45 is working through the UK 1st's listings and will post a spreadsheet with recommended changes/additions.
    He did the US 1st's in a frenzied dash, but this is more of a frenzied marathon.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lot of work to be done.
    I have all the UK 1sts. Once we get passed this first Image hurdle, we can work through those.
    Actually I said it sucked and that was because I don’t collect foreign editions but now that I am part way thru I have already gone online and bought one. I can only image how many more I’ll end up with before I am done!

It is harder to cross reference some of the info so once I am done it will be great if Stroppy Goblin can confirm or fill in some of the blanks
    “Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.”
    — Roland Deschain

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

What is so nightmarish about the UK 1sts?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast