Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I HATE this song!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default I HATE this song!

Hmmm, I don't think I realized there was a forum here for music. How about that.

Anyway, I listen to the Classic Rock station almost exclusively for music (sports talk radio gets the rest of my attention) and there are some songs that I hate so much that I can't turn the radio off fast enough. Not merely "songs I don't like" but songs that cause me to want to kill myself rather than listen to. These are some songs I'd rather drive ice picks into my eardrums than have to listen to all the way through:

1) ANYTHING by Peter Frampton. From everything I've heard, Frampton is sincerely a really nice, all-around good guy. I'd probably love to hang out with him and shoot the breeze. But the classic rock station around here tends to play whatever hits came off his Live album and god damn they are just ear-destroying horrible. And the other problem is, they seem to run 10 minutes long, so I'll switch over to the baseball game and come back 10 minutes later and Frampton is STILL singing about "Feel Like We Do." Argggh, just kill me.

2) I Shot the Sheriff. How did this song ever get airplay?

3) Benny and the Jets. I'm actually a pretty big Elton John fan and like (or really like) a whole bunch of his music. But Benny! Benny! Benny! drives me insane. Just horrible.

4) Band on the Run. Anything by Wings, actually, but this is the worst. No redeeming sonic value whatsoever. Anyone who paid good money to see a Wings concert should have their head examined.

I'm sure I can come up with more. But after hearing 3 of the 4 come on the radio in the last day or so, uh, I just had to vent.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wondering how long it will take for someone to mention Hotel California lol.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Take Me To Church by Hozier, Some Nights by FUN, and anything by AC/DC
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Wondering how long it will take for someone to mention Hotel California lol.
    Ah, I LIKE Hotel California! Sure, it's overplayed, but if you listen to a classic rock station long enough, all of the big hits of the 60s, 70s, and 80s are overplayed. But that doesn't mean the song is trash, just that one might get tired of it.

Oh, here's another one from my days of listening to country music exclusively: Islands in the Stream. It's not "country" (regardless of the fact that Rogers and Parton are singing it.), and it's not enjoyable no matter what genre you happen to peg it to. Yuck X 1 million.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    anything by AC/DC

All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Black Water by the Doobie Brothers. That song makes me cringe any time I hear it.
    Also, pretty much anything by The Eagles.
    Oh, and Black Betty by Ram Jam.

I hate most newer music, but these are the classic rock songs that come to mind first.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I hate Molly Hatchet

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Red, Red Wine - UB40. I WILL leave the room if i cant turn it off.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Red, Red Wine - UB40. I WILL leave the room if i cant turn it off.
    That's funny. I have a coworker, who is annoying, that will leave the room if I play Peanut Butter Jelly Time. I try to play it every time he comes into my office.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

"Baby" (and everything else) by Justin Bieber deserves a place in Hell.

I also find anything by The Black Eye Peas (after Fergie joined) to be repellent. "You Don't Know Your Beautiful" by One Direction. Anything by Nicki Minaj. "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jempsen. Ke$ha makes me ill.
    Iggy Azaelia =
    Blurred Lines =
    Nickelback = = Me

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Drake - "Started from the bottom"

I not a fan of rap in general but can tolerate most of it. Drake makes me want to rip my ears off. He is a horrible rapper.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Turn Down for What and I'm In Love With The Coco. Just...those artists should like get their hands chopped off and their tongues ripped out so they can't do anything music ever again.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da! da! da! da!

someone kill the chicken!

Gunslinger Apprentice ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about ESW has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I could never stand Bread: particularly "Baby I'm a Want You." --You're a what? Shut up! Ha ha!

Artwork by Erin S. Wells -- https://erinwellsart.wordpress.com

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ESW View Post
    I could never stand Bread: particularly "Baby I'm a Want You." --You're a what? Shut up! Ha ha!
    When I was 15 a slightly older friend bought a car with an 8-track player. He played The Best Of Bread constantly.

It was just something I had to deal with if I wanted a ride.

edit: In California you had to be 16 to get a driver's license so it was him or walk.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Any song from Grease....and Time Warp. Oh, how I hate thee Time Warp!

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Any song from Grease....and Time Warp. Oh, how I hate thee Time Warp!
    . . . but it's just a jump to the left.
    ...and then a step to the right

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'M CRANKING DYLAN

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Not hating Dylan or The Time Warp... I like them both.

With your hands on your hips. (Mr. Tambourine Man)
    You bring your knees in tight. (Knockin' on Heaven's Door)
    But it's the pelvic thrust (Like a Rolling Stone)
    They really drive you insane. (Masters of War)
    Let's do the Time Warp again. (All Along The Watchtower)
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think a lot of the more popular Led Zeppelin is overrated, Led Zeppelin 4 in particular (though Going To California is my favourite song). I prefer a lot of their softer stuff like Tangerine, That's The Way and Night Flight. I was supposed to see Robert Plant in July but the concert was delayed until September because he was sick. Early Zeppelin is okay, but mostly only listen to their middle albums, especially Physical Grafitti.

Pretty much all country music makes me want to pour cement into my ears.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

^

All country music with the exception of Johnny Cash.*

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anything by Hank Williams III drives me up the wall. And I've got TWO coworkers here who love him. Kill me.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Anything Bon Jovi.

Hey! They mixed metal with pop!!! The bastards!!

"I have an idea, Jon...We'll mix metal with pop and you sing all the verses like you are extremely constipated, ok?"
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

"I have an idea, Jon...We'll mix metal with pop and you sing all the verses like you are extremely constipated, ok?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast