Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: JReitan47

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Very good Jonathan! That's a lofty goal. I will be cheering you on along the way.
    Thanks man! Yes, a very lofty goal, but it's real fun to track all these down!! I especially love finding them online for a steal! My records (which aren't 100% up to date or accurate), show that King has about 347 published pieces of non-fiction (including all the Pop of King columns), of which I own about 50 of....all of which I've accumulated in just the last four months. As for fiction pieces, I show that he has 111 first published in mags/newspapers (not counting anthologies), of which I've acquired 41 of in the same amount of time. This time around in collecting I'm hunting down ONLY mags without mailing labels, which isn't easy. Lots more work to do!
    ~Jonathan

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great new magazines. I haven't seen most of those, thanks for sharing them. Wishing you all the luck in trying to get all the fiction and non-fiction magazines. There must be hundreds of them (EDIT: just read your post above - there are hundreds of them LOL!) Congratulations Jonathan from another Jonathan!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm pretty sure there are many more, both fiction and non-fiction (according to Brooks' Bibliography) but even limiting yourself to tracking down everything you have in your own records is a worthy goal indeed!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I just checked my copy of Brooks' most up-to-date edition (2013) and he shows 327 published fiction pieces (admittedly, this includes a bunch of excerpts as well) and an astounding 875 published non-fiction pieces (including forewords, afterwords, online postings and the like).

But like I said, even if you go by your own records there's lots and lots to hunt for (which is exactly the reason why I quit collecting first appearances of King's short fiction and non-fiction, it was just too much for me personally).

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah that's also what discouraged me. I know I tend toward being a completist and the sheer volume of these fiction and non-fiction appearances made it all seem very daunting. But good for you for going for it.

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

I'm not going to worry about all the online appearances, but without those there are still quite a bit.....oh yeah, I'm also compiling a list of interviews too! I'm like Bob...I love collecting the interviews, lots of good stuff in there. It's a daunting task but I love researching some of these harder to find ones, after all, it's all in the hunt!
    ~Jonathan

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice haul!
    What is in the Maine Seniors issue?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Thanks! The new Maine Seniors mag just came out, has about 6 pages on the Kings, interview mixed with story about their involvement with local charities, etc. A great article! I learned that the Kings own horses and that Tabitha owns a local orchard farm.

Today's mail brought this thanks to Zelig!

~Jonathan

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool recent acquisitions, my friend!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

nice!!

I'm very pleased with the mail today!

Here is Stephen King's very first piece of published non-fiction, a letter he wrote to TV Guide, published in July 1969 regarding TV violence. He would have been 21 when this was published. A beautiful copy!

~Jonathan

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!

Today's arrivals:

~Jonathan

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This HORRORBOUND looks pretty neat! What is in it?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    This HORRORBOUND looks pretty neat! What is in it?
    Has a centerfold art piece of many characters from King's movies, an expanded version of the cover art. Also includes a four page summary on movies based from his books. Not a whole lot of extra info here, no interview, but a neat magazine.
    ~Jonathan

Here's my large print collection I've been talking about. Keep in mind that these are my reading copies so I don't mind that some of them are ex-library and a couple don't have DJ's. I just enjoy reading large prints...makes them quick and easy to read! I have DOCTOR SLEEP and BAZAAR OF BAD DREAMS arriving in the mail this week. Looking forward to finally reading BOBD this week during Thanksgiving vacation.

~Jonathan

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice! I always loved that Thinner LP cover.
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool, thanks for posting. I've never seen the Christine before. It's nice seeing these different covers. Many seem to have the same as the trade editions. There's probably a few here and there that I would like to get at some point, like the Pet Sematary. I like the cover on that one.

Yeah, if you wanted to collect them...some of them do have some cool covers, and there are the UK editions too with very bland and rather odd covers in my opinion, but totally different then anything else. Most of which are very hard to find in unread condition!
    ~Jonathan

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's part of why I've resisted collecting Large Print, because I would probably want the UK editions as well. And then there's the paperback versions too. So potentially you'd be looking at another 4 books per title.

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting! Thanks for sharing I won't collect them either, accept when there would be Dark Tower Large Print editions Only DT-book is TWTTK as far as I know.

Country
    Country Flag

I really like Jon's collection for a specific reason : it's different from what everybody else collects! Like Lilja for instance that collects King books in different languages. It gives something "fresh" and unusual to see!
    The magazines with Steve's pix can be pretty cool! And large print books : who here collect those?

Do you happen to have books in braille by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I really like Jon's collection for a specific reason : it's different from what everybody else collects! Like Lilja for instance that collects King books in different languages. It gives something "fresh" and unusual to see!
    The magazines with Steve's pix can be pretty cool! And large print books : who here collect those?

Do you happen to have books in braille by any chance?
    Haha...no books in Braille. I've seen a couple for sale over the years but nothing I'd collect. I LOVE collecting the magazines and odd/rare newsletters & newspapers with him on the cover. They are my weakness when I should be focusing on completing my first edition collection! Oh well...it's fun. More coming soon!
    ~Jonathan

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, Jonathan. Thanks for the pictures- I see a few I may want now too!

It's been a while, I need to take new pics soon of lots of goodies that have arrived. Received a big box of stuff from Dave at Overlook this week and some ebay goodies.
    ~Jonathan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast