Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: JReitan47

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I was "let go" from my job of almost 26 years, collected unemployment for 2, then found a couple of jobs during the next 5 years, then said "That's enough!" and retired. And I'm only 27 years old! So hang in there!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The math doesn't work. Worked 26 years, unemployment for 2, then 5 more years of jobs =33 years. Sure you aren't 57, not 27?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I live in a non-Euclidean universe. Hope that clears everything up.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I live in a non-Euclidean universe. Hope that clears everything up.
    Steve is a legend in his own mind

Best of luck, Jonathan! Been there, done that, and it isn't any fun at all. It sucked selling most of my collection at the time but I'm so glad it was there to fall back on. Hopefully better things are on the horizon.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

It's been a very long time since I've added anything here. Between getting settled with my new job and trying to get out of debt, I don't have a lot of $$ for the limiteds but I have managed to add many new magazines and books about King to the collection in recent weeks.

One of my favorite things to collect is mags that feature King and/or his books/movies on the cover. I'm actually currently working on a big project concerning these types of mags. Collecting info on the web and doing a lot of research on magazines, zines and newsletters from around the world that feature King and his works on the cover...something I've never seen done before (and I'm sure most people could care less about! haha). But it's something I enjoy, that's for sure...

And a few new adds of books about King.

I'm also currently saving up money and in talks to add a massive collection of magazines (first appearances, interviews, non-fiction, etc.) to the collection of a member here who is selling off his collection AND I'm also in talks to get back most of my old collection I sold off to a big collector in Canada some years ago. I might need a bigger house.......
    ~Jonathan

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good to hear from ya, Jonathan and congrats on the latest acquisitions. I'm sure there would be a lot of interest in a magazine database regarding King. Good luck with it!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree your project sounds very interesting and valuable indeed. King is always so candid and honest in interviews, I'm tempted every time I see magazines with long features on him on ebay.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like a great project Jon!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Recently bought a nice magazine collection from a long-time friend. Filled in many missing pieces all at once!

Lots of men's mags...

A few excerpts and non-fiction appearances...

And some interviews...
    ~Jonathan

Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Jonathan!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Reeeeaaalllllll niiiiicceeee...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice haul!
    What does that "inner sanctum" contains?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

NICE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Nice haul!
    Thanks everyone! "Inner Sanctum" is a Simon & Schuster newsletter from 1998 that contains a Bag of Bones excerpt on the back page. Previously uncatalogued in Justin's King bibliography, it's been added now....sorry completists, something else for you to hunt down!
    ~Jonathan

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    Nice haul!
    Thanks everyone! "Inner Sanctum" is a Simon & Schuster newsletter from 1998 that contains a Bag of Bones excerpt on the back page. Previously uncatalogued in Justin's King bibliography, it's been added now....sorry completists, something else for you to hunt down!

Nothing to worry about. You will likely offer it for sale soon...

Country
    Country Flag

Eventually Jon will put up an auction for his entire collection, worth a million dollar.
    Deposit of 10 grands to be able to see the list of items

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    Nice haul!

Nothing to worry about. You will likely offer it for sale soon...
    Oh no....nothing parting from the collection again for quite a while. Just have extras for sale at the moment.
    ~Jonathan

Stopping by to post a couple more "newly discovered" King pieces that Bob Jackson or Justin Brooks didn't have in their catalogs. These ones were new to me as well upon discovering them last month. They might not be truly desirable items for most collectors here, but for a completist like myself, these are gold! Sharing here because I doubt many have seen these items.

These zines are much like the "Chernobog" fanzine from 1980 that contains an unauthorized reprint of King's "Not Guilty" piece originally printed in NY Times Book Review.

These two zines, "Maggotville News" and "King Things", were produced by the Esoteric Order of Dagon which was an amature zine publishing "group", focused on Lovecraft but branched out to cover other areas of horror and weird literary fiction. Members of the group were required to create mailings or assembled zines, to mail to whoever was a member of the group at any given time. They hardly followed any copyright laws and mostly produced zines of photocopied or typed out articles and letters from other publications.

"Maggotville News", dated July 1980, reprints King's "Horrors of '79" article (originally published in Rolling Stone).
    "King Things", dated October 1980, reprints King's "Horrors of '79" article again, as well as "On Becoming a Brand Name", and a reprinted interview with King from Heavy Metal magazine.

~Jonathan

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Jon! It's always pretty cool to find unknown publications / reprints !

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That’s cool - Congrats!

A couple of new additions...scored these two Plume "advance" review copies of DT 2 and DT 3, basically just finished copies of the trade paperbacks but with laid in review letters/press releases for reviewers and media. Interesting note in the DT 3 letter stating the reasoning behind the two different covers of the trade paperback (one with the rose, one with the train), that test-marketing of the covers were that men preferred the train and women preferred the rose so that's why they went with two different editions.

Also, because I was rearranging books the other day...here's all the GK Hall early large print King hardbacks. Only one ex-library copy here (The Shining). Tough to find non-ex library editions!

~Jonathan

Very nice!
    I assume you'll fix that repeated image snafu!

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

always something exciting and interesting to see here, thanks a lot for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Very nice!
    I assume you'll fix that repeated image snafu!
    Fixed! Thank you!
    ~Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    always something exciting and interesting to see here, thanks a lot for sharing!
    Thank you Vincent! I tend to collect those "interesting" items that not everyone collects! haha
    ~Jonathan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast