Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: JReitan47

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    You're avatar is very appropriate, Jonathan. Very day must seem like Christmas at your place!
    Thanks! Haha...I LOVE Frankenstein stuff (it's the other thing I collect!) and I put this up last year during Christmas time, but you're right...every day is like Christmas at my house! Had four more packages in the mail yesterday (8 the day before). Enjoying the single life again where I now have unlimited space for King and where I don't have to put away the "Halloween decorations" now!
    ~Jonathan

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    You're avatar is very appropriate, Jonathan. Very day must seem like Christmas at your place!
    Thanks! Haha...I LOVE Frankenstein stuff (it's the other thing I collect!) and I put this up last year during Christmas time, but you're right...every day is like Christmas at my house! Had four more packages in the mail yesterday (8 the day before). Enjoying the single life again where I now have unlimited space for King and where I don't have to put away the "Halloween decorations" now!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

In the "even more shit I collect" category....

I've always loved the Night Visions series and I hope someone revives it some day! I've also enjoyed trying to collect the various editions out there (still needing a Night Visions 5 s/l if anyone has one for sale!). I finally got my Night Visions 9 s/l to go with my trade edition and proof.

~Jonathan

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome, I think the Night Visions series was one of the best horror anthologies ever published. Very cool...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds, Jonathan!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Tom Monteleone once told me that there weren't any proofs produced for the early BORDERLANDS anthologies. He must have forgot about this one....

The only one I've ever came across.

(Side Note: I worked the Borderlands Press table at World Horror Convention 2005 in NYC where Harlan Ellison yelled at me and where I met Mick Garris for the first time who ended up sending me many SK movie crew items in the mail...)

~Jonathan

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to hear more about Harlan Ellison yelling at you. If you have told that story before I don't remember.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I'd also like to hear it. From what I understand he is a bit of a character...

Country
    Country Flag

Nice add! Would be cool to hear that story.

Not much of a story to tell....I went up to his table at the Mass Autographing Night to get my WHC progam book signed as he was a guest that year. He wanted me to buy something from him first, I didn't have any cash on me so he called me cheap, made a scene, signed my book and went on to yelling at the next person. Thankfully though I wasn't one of the select few that weekend that were trapped in the elevator with him when it got stuck. Apparently that was a very ugly scene.
    ~Jonathan

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Not much of a story to tell....I went up to his table at the Mass Autographing Night to get my WHC progam book signed as he was a guest that year. He wanted me to buy something from him first, I didn't have any cash on me so he called me cheap, made a scene, signed my book and went on to yelling at the next person. Thankfully though I wasn't one of the select few that weekend that were trapped in the elevator with him when it got stuck. Apparently that was a very ugly scene.
    Elaborate please.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Deeper down the Ellison rabbit hole we go...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Elaborate please.
    Sorry...not much more to elaborate on. He was just very grouchy with me (as he's often known to be), and I wasn't witness to his scene with the elevator malfunction, just heard that he totally went off on hotel staff (which he's also well known for doing).
    ~Jonathan

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I was hoping to hear about "the select few..." event when an elevator became stuck. It sounded like he went off on the people inside the lift that were also stuck.
    Rumor and innuendo are encouraged.

Tried to get these images loaded the other day but was having problems with PhotoBucket. Huge thanks to Bob for posting the link to order these direct through Locus, was able to find a few issues myself that I was missing. These all contain King letters or tributes in the obits section.

Last photo is from when yours truly was pictured in the Locus August 2005 issue when I accepted an award for friend Lee Thomas (who won best first novel) at the Bram Stoker Awards in LA (and where Clive Barker hit on me...haha..).

~Jonathan

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool, Jonathan! Congrats!

It was another good mail day today. Sometimes it really is like Christmas at my little house of horrors.....

'Book Digest' with DANSE MACABRE excerpt:

'Readers Digest' with ON WRITING excerpt:

'American Heritage' with King non-fiction piece on overrated/underrated rock bands:

'Crimespree' May/June 2007 with King interview and reprinted "from the desk of Stephen King" letter regarding Haven Foundation (wasn't in Justin's Bibliography but I've sent him the info):

KING ETC. promo UK book:

INSOMNIA UK proof in great condition:
    ~Jonathan

Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool Jonathan - I'll have to check out that article on over-rated rock bands, I'd be keen to hear King's view on this.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Glad to see my items arrived safely, Jonathan. I realized that I failed to answer your message from a few days ago, sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Glad to see my items arrived safely, Jonathan. I realized that I failed to answer your message from a few days ago, sorry about that.
    Yes, thank you thank you thank you Michael!
    ~Jonathan

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

NICE new stuff Jonathan !!!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Always interesting stuff arriving at your place John!

Haven't been buying much lately as money has been very tight but today I SCORED! Many know I love collecting mags with King on the cover. Today I snagged not one, not two, not three, but FOUR mags/newsletters that I didn't have and had never seen before ever offered for sale in my 15+ years collecting...all in a lot for a bargain (lot included some extras I already had). On top of it, I snagged an unsigned limited edition in mint condition that was very under priced. Probably my only buying for the rest of the year. Pics to come!
    ~Jonathan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast