Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: JReitan47

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nice items in the 2nd picture. I don't recall seeing those large print books before.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didnt know that there were 2 variant covers for the mass paperbacks !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Sorry to usurp your thread, Jonathan, and I will remove this if you want, but here is the display stand the books came in, minus the dinosaur:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Neat and interesting stuff as always, Jonathan!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Sorry to usurp your thread, Jonathan, and I will remove this if you want, but here is the display stand the books came in, minus the dinosaur:

Feel free to share more of these amazing displays! I haven't seen this one before but I used to have several (that I sadly sold years ago!). Would love to have this one, a beauty!
    ~Jonathan

That is the only display I have. My Barnes & Noble won't give them to me, the dirty canines. They say it's against their policy. I got that one from an independent bookstore long out of business.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Never seen this large prints before - nice.!

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

Default Inner Sanctum

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    Recently bought a nice magazine collection from a long-time friend. Filled in many missing pieces all at once!

Lots of men's mags...

A few excerpts and non-fiction appearances...

And some interviews...
    What excerpt or nonfiction piece appeared in Inner Sanctum?

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by NoAttitudeThisTime View Post
    Recently bought a nice magazine collection from a long-time friend. Filled in many missing pieces all at once!

Lots of men's mags...

A few excerpts and non-fiction appearances...

And some interviews...
    What excerpt or nonfiction piece appeared in Inner Sanctum?
    Ooops, I should have read the entire post so I would have learnt that it contains an excerpt from Bag of Bones

Yes, those mags are rumored to affect a certain bone in the body.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would say you had a plethora of magazines right there.

Nice stuff, Jonathan!

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Trying to post new photos here, not having luck with DropBox yet. Stay tuned for when I figure it out....
    ~Jonathan

Wow, I didn't post at all last year in this thread! Well...guess it's time to change that! I've been so incredibly busy with work and personal life in the last year. Quick update: I've been working for over two years now with the Oregon Department of Corrections, processing incoming/outgoing mail for 900+ inmates a day in one of Oregons prisons (Oregon has 14 prisons...how many do YOU have?!). I finally found a job that I love! I get paid to read mail, confiscate drugs, read smut mail and process tons of books for inmates each and every day (including lots of Kings books)! Bad news is that very slowly my health is declining. This year marks 16 years that I've been living with HIV/AIDS, and I'm starting to feel the long-term affects of it (for someone living in the world of modern medicine). Meds have been affecting the bone density in my legs (hello arthritis!), have been having some brain/memory issues as well as small seizures that started last year...all of which is requiring testing after testing. With all this, I'm looking to partially "retire" or majorly cut back with work once I have my house paid off in 5 years.

Besides all that, I'm still very much collecting King and buying more then my pocket books and my shelves can keep up with!! I'm constantly re-figuring my office/library and am currently building built-in shelves into my bedroom to house all my King non-fic and anthology appearances.

With all that...here's some newer things within the last couple months:

Dark Forces US paperback "advance copy"....this copy came out one month before the book hit the shelves in December 1981

The Stand Signet bookstore poster. I have only seen a couple of these come up for sale in the last 20 years, one of which is owned by movie director Josh Boone.
    ~Jonathan

California Highway Patrolman magazine, December 1987 with rare King interview (I'm working on a project right now cataloging King print interviews....looooong project!)

Pet Sematary Doubleday bookstore poster (I'm kind of really into collecting bookstore posters right now!)

~Jonathan

Finally found a SK Art of Darkness proof at a bargain price

Cycle of the Werewolf Signet bookstore poster (not pictured is the folder and marketing material)..thanks to Betts!!

Horror 100 UK paperback + Christine bookstore flyer

The Shining Signet bookstore poster....a very hard to find item and very hard to photography with the shiny material!!

Needful Things counter standee + promo items (I have plenty of bookmarks/postcards if anyone wants to trade for anything!)

Salem's Lot Signet bookstore poster. I only know of one more of these in the King collecting community.

And I finally got the IT Canadian TV Guide (wasn't on the US issue)! For those that haven't caught up...I love collecting mags with King features on the covers.

~Jonathan

And finally.....a Geralds Game UK proof, some creasing to that blasted black cover, but found for a great price!

~Jonathan

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I see pics! Glad you got the Gallery sorted out.

Very nice items, indeed. The bookstore posters are great, especially the Stand one.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Love those bookstore posters! I've never seen any of those before that I can recall. They look great framed.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The bookstore posters are amazing
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Jonathan!

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Stand Signet bookstore poster. I have only seen a couple of these come up for sale in the last 20 years, one of which is owned by movie director Josh Boone.
    Absolutely love this! Will be looking for one of these now (probably unsuccessfully, eh?)

Also - what an absolutely fascinating job! I'm sure that most are aware that mail to jails and prisons is heavily screened, but I've not actually thought about what that would entail as a job, and it sounds super interesting. I'm sure you have lots of great stories that you're not allowed to share!

Best of luck on the medical front. No way to escape those long-term ART side effects but I hope you are at least able to be on a regimen that minimizes the short-term ones and keeps the most debilitating long-term effects in the further-away long-term.

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, Jonathan, those are all very impressive items. I share a lot of your interests. I love in-store promotional items, both by Signet and the hardback publishers.

I'm sorry to hear of your health issues, I hope for the best! And your cataloguing project is so valuable, I hope you finish it and that it can be made available somehow.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Love those posters! Great stuff.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Wow, there are some really cool stuff here. I like all those posters as well. The Stand, Pet Semetary, Salems' Lot... They all look really cool. And they other stuff as well.
    A great list of stuff just on this page.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supernice promo stuff, big congrats Jonathan !!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast