Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: JReitan47

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear about your health but it does seem like you have a pretty fun job actually man! Cheers
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds, Jonathan! Best of luck with your health moving forward.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Just re-read that paragraph again. Sorry to hear about your health issues. Good luck going forward. But that job does sound interesting. And your collection is cool.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    Wow, I didn't post at all last year in this thread! Well...guess it's time to change that! I've been so incredibly busy with work and personal life in the last year. Quick update: I've been working for over two years now with the Oregon Department of Corrections, processing incoming/outgoing mail for 900+ inmates a day in one of Oregons prisons (Oregon has 14 prisons...how many do YOU have?!). I finally found a job that I love! I get paid to read mail, confiscate drugs, read smut mail and process tons of books for inmates each and every day (including lots of Kings books)! Bad news is that very slowly my health is declining. This year marks 16 years that I've been living with HIV/AIDS, and I'm starting to feel the long-term affects of it (for someone living in the world of modern medicine). Meds have been affecting the bone density in my legs (hello arthritis!), have been having some brain/memory issues as well as small seizures that started last year...all of which is requiring testing after testing. With all this, I'm looking to partially "retire" or majorly cut back with work once I have my house paid off in 5 years.

Besides all that, I'm still very much collecting King and buying more then my pocket books and my shelves can keep up with!! I'm constantly re-figuring my office/library and am currently building built-in shelves into my bedroom to house all my King non-fic and anthology appearances.
    Glad to hear that you enjoy your work Jon and that you should be able to partially retire in just a few years.
    Given all that you've been through with this disease, I think that you'll deserve not having to work so much !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Thank you all for the well wishes and replies! I've really enjoyed collecting promo stuff and magazines for over 20 years now, sad I had to sell most of it a few years ago, but have been very lucky with some of these recent gems...a lot of which I hardly ever see come up for sale. To me a lot of this stuff is worth a lot more then a lettered edition or even some proofs. Promo posters may not be as desirable to most collectors, not about turning a profit for me but preserving the history and the artwork. Always looking for more promo items if anyone is selling....book displays, counter standees, posters, etc.

Today's mail brought me a proof of SLEEPING BEAUTIES. Had a small tear but a steal at only $20! Matches nicely with my UK proof.

~Jonathan

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice grab
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I like it!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Two newbies to the shelves this week... (glare on the second photo)

~Jonathan

Country
    Country Flag

Nice! Interested to hear your thoughts on If It Bleeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Nice! Interested to hear your thoughts on If It Bleeds.
    Thanks! I'm starting it this week (after my current reread of UNDER THE DOME) for the review column in SCREAM magazine. Can't wait!
    ~Jonathan

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I want that IF IT BLEEDS proof!!

Of course, I want lots of things!

Nice stuff!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Some nice stuff there. Both really cool proofs.

Thanks guys!

Another recent arrival this week and one that many may have not seen before (or even heard of before). Had been on the hunt for this one for quite a while but finally found one for a steal. THE DOUBLEDAY 100th BIRTHDAY READER is said to be a special promotional item given away to Doubleday representatives and staff (thanks to Justin Brooks' biblio), I can't tell if it was released in stores or not. It contains a CARRIE excerpt and a short bio on King.

~Jonathan

Country
    Country Flag

Super cool!

Just when I thought I'd seen everything, you pull a Doubleday Birthday Reader out of your hat!
    WOW!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Jon !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Never seen one indeed. Thanks for sharing

seeking Gunslinger #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BIG CONGRATS !!!

Today was a great mail day!

~Jonathan

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice stuff. Love the Doubleday Reader especially.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

I only wear grey socks.

Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds! SB is a beast of a book.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    Thanks guys!

Another recent arrival this week and one that many may have not seen before (or even heard of before). Had been on the hunt for this one for quite a while but finally found one for a steal. THE DOUBLEDAY 100th BIRTHDAY READER is said to be a special promotional item given away to Doubleday representatives and staff (thanks to Justin Brooks' biblio), I can't tell if it was released in stores or not. It contains a CARRIE excerpt and a short bio on King.

Cool book!

Could you enlighten me about this Justin Brooks fellow? I recently bought a proof that once belonged to him and contained the original letter addressed to him. I tried Google but it's not an uncommon name and I wasn't able to find any further info...

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

Cool book!

Could you enlighten me about this Justin Brooks fellow? I recently bought a proof that once belonged to him and contained the original letter addressed to him. I tried Google but it's not an uncommon name and I wasn't able to find any further info...
    Justin Brooks wrote a bibliography for King's works, published by Cemetery Dance:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/stephen-king-a-primary-bibliography-of-the-worlds-most-popular-author.html

It's a great book, I have it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast