Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "other authors you collect" thread disappeared ??

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default "other authors you collect" thread disappeared ??

Am I the only one who can't see it?

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They moved it to Dutch Hill.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Shoot! I'll never see it over there. I liked that thread too.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info.

Any idea why ?

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post

Me neither. And me too!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The thread (actually it's a sub-forum) is still here on the site
    If the forum/thread is in Dutch Hill, why the trouble? Just click on a link. This is the internet, the thread wasn't moved like a brick and mortar store from California to Florida and you "can't get there from here".
    We can't have every thread from the site (I suppose we could, but it would be a mess) in Calvin's Corner.
    CC is meant to primarily be about Stephen King Collecting.
    I'd love to hear constructive criticism, and more importantly constructive advice.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Why?
    It's easy to get there.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Jerome.That make sense.

It was comfortable to access this sub forum from here since most of the members Who collect and discussed king also collect other authors. This sub forum discussed and focused on other authors collecting and less on discussions about the book itself. So have it under CC make sense IMO.

If that is the reason - "Collecting tutorials" thread should be moved too

Just other authors collector opinion...

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think it's a big deal. More a case of "who moved my cheese?" From an organization standpoint it does make more sense over at Dutch Hill since it was all non-Stephen King related.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have Calvin's Corner saved as a bookmark so I come straight here. I'm just too lazy to go elsewhere I guess. I'll live.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I have Calvin's Corner saved as a bookmark so I come straight here. I'm just too lazy to go elsewhere I guess. I'll live.
    I have it saved as well. Now I have other authors bookmark next to it LOL

I moved on....

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I'll probably do that too - for the Joe Hill & James Herbert threads.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post

If that is the reason - "Collecting tutorials" thread should be moved too

Just other authors collector opinion...
    Tutorials might be moved. Most of the advice is broad based care/repair threads.
    We'll see.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome, can you move your King collection....

......... Into my house?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

It is a thread about book collecting. Calvin's Corner is about collecting. I don't spend much (actually any) time in the other areas of this site so I don't know.... but are there any other threads about book collecting in the other areas? It would seem to be just as out of place in some other area and it was well liked right where it used to be.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I might also clarify that the Collections sub-forum (In Calvin's Corner) should be primarily (certainly more than 50%) exhibiting Stephen King items.

Random Comments/ Stream of Consciousness thread? Stay here or move?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Random Comments/ Stream of Consciousness thread? Stay here or move?
    Good point to consider, however that is a thread within a forum, not a sub-forum within a forum.
    I'm beginning to add clarification to sub-forums in CC.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It is a thread about book collecting. Calvin's Corner is about collecting. I don't spend much (actually any) time in the other areas of this site so I don't know.... but are there any other threads about book collecting in the other areas? It would seem to be just as out of place in some other area and it was well liked right where it used to be.
    +1
    Pretty much everyone that collects comes into the CC section to talk about collecting, so it was certainly much more user friendly to have it located in one place.
    I'm like you, I rarely see anything of interest in the other section of the site, so I pretty much stay here.
    Mark Twain

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

People should go into other sections of the forum, there are lots and lots of great threads and sub-forums. I'll never understand people who only stay in any one section of this amazing community.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

It was nice to have a thread about collecting other authors' work in CC, the area that deals with collecting (King). As most who have posted, I'll likely not see the thread again, either out of habit of just visiting this particular page of the site or because I simply won't remember to...or both: out of sight, out of mind. As a member whose collecting of and affection for King doesn't measure up many/most here -- which may make my opinion of less value, given the site's purposeful exclusivity -- that thread was a favorite of mine; it's unfortunate to see it gone/moved.

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

I only use the button "You have 80 unread posts" ind the upper right to see what i missed. So i doesnt mind where a thread is located, i see it anyway AND i see all threads! I did not knew there is another way to use a forum?!;-)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Me neither. And me too!

Same here.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What's wrong with other parts of the forum?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing at all! I also use the 'unread posts' link, rather than going to a bookmarked part of the forum. I read threads about TV shows and movies that I like, although I don't post much there. But given a limited amount of available time, most members will gravitate towards the subject that they find most interesting. If people spend most of their time in specific parts of the forum it doesn't mean that there's no TDT 'community' (IMO).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast