Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Andy Weir

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd be in for a case for the S/L The Martian. I'd also be in for a case for the 1/1 if you made one.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

One for the S/L and one (or two) for 1st/1st.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

So I am counting 9 cases so far. Can someone throw me the dimensions of the 1/1 book as well so i can work with that?

Also what is the font that people want for the title? I can usually copy almost any font out there as long as I can find an editor that can give me previews.

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Alright if you have been watching the Ernest Cline thread you know that I am working on some designs for slip cases to that book and The Martian that will go to the S/L. I am going to post over here as well in case there is anyone who has the Martian but doesn't have RP1.

I am starting on the case now but as always need some input. As stated in the other thread we are limited to a 5.25" x 8" plate so it would have to be a spine only plate or a cover only plate. Most are leading towards a spine only so that is going to be what I work on. The next questions will be what font and do we want the words to go up and down or left and right. If up and down are the letters oriented at a 90 degree angle or normal up and down letters?

All input helps as well as who all would be interested in a case for the S/L The Martian?
    Josh
    I'm in for one for sure!

Traveler Gilberthuey is on a distinguished road

Hello. This is my first post but I've been a lurker for years. I would like slipcases for The Martian 1st/1st and for the SubPress edition.

Thanks,
    Gilbert

Country
    Country Flag

There is one for sale on eBay with custom case - some ideas I guess
    https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/182083692505

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Can you do something like the lettered case that I posted... I'm just not sure what font it is. I was able to find the RP1 font but not this one yet. And of course I've got my fingers crossed for holographic foil. I think SP did a two foil process to create that shadow effect which looks cool. Maybe try to emulate that look and typeset similar to the SP spine?

Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

My suggestion is the reddish brown slipcase with type down the spine (like above pic) in Zekton with silver or holographic foil (or maybe a warm silver/gold metallic if they have that).

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    My suggestion is the reddish brown slipcase with type down the spine (like above pic) in Zekton with silver or holographic foil (or maybe a warm silver/gold metallic if they have that).
    That sounds amazing, I'm in!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Becca I don't know what you do for a living but you should work in forensics cause you can find the weirdest crap out of no where.

Sorry for the delay on this one. Work has been hectic lately and haven't had a chance to sit in front of a computer off the clock.

Country
    Country Flag

LOL - I'm a graphic designer...

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL - I'm a graphic designer...
    Well shit... then why am I the one designing these lol I'm just a code monkey

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

So here are 2 very fast make ups. They both fit inside the plate dimensions given so more of which way do you want the text?

If anyone has any other ideas feel free to give suggestions.

Country
    Country Flag

So here are 2 very fast make ups. They both fit inside the plate dimensions given so more of which way do you want the text?

The one on the left is my favorite!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post

So I was thinking about that one. What if it was "andy THE MARIAN wier". Split like that? I can draw it up tomorrow but I feel like it's a little boring as is.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post

So I was thinking about that one. What if it was "andy THE MARIAN wier". Split like that? I can draw it up tomorrow but I feel like it's a little boring as is.
    Cool, let's see what it looks like! My initial thoughts was to make it as close to the SP case as possible. Wonder how many designs they went through to finally make a choice.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is the other option with the Andy and Weir split across the case.

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I like this last one... with the name split up.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    I like this last one... with the name split up.
    So do I.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like them all, but my preference order is: Right quick make up > Left quick make up > Andy Weir's name split up
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Country
    Country Flag

I don't like the name split

Can you do another mock up? I like the first option for The Martian with it running down the spine with the second option with Andy Weir going across the spine.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't like the name split

Can you do another mock up? I like the first option for The Martian with it running down the spine with the second option with Andy Weir going across the spine.
    I agree with Becca, I'm not a fan of split up name. Hey with our imagination maybe too many choices is not such a great idea ��

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good news from Jeff, just a little longer on this one. Hopefully everything will be good to go. Do we have a plate that we liked the best for this one? Becca I think you wanted to see one more. I'll see if I have some time tonight to work on that.

I have been in touch with my foil people and they say that they have the martian foil, I am just double checking with them and getting an idea of cost. So you could send the designs for both plates although I can't quite guarantee the martian yet.

All the best

Jeff

Country
    Country Flag

That's awesome. And I was hoping to see the Title of #1 and the Name of #2 combined.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast