Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Andy Weir

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Long night, but I'm up and have my coffee, so I can relate a bit of yesterdays event.
    The wife and I arrived a few hours early in Los Gatos. Had a chance to check out the venue and visit the bookstore that was sponsoring the event.
    Patrick, Tanya, and Chad around 5pm. We went for a bite to eat at a local Mexican restaurant. Of course Patrick ordered an entire bottle of tequila:
    But Patrick doesn't drink!!!
    LOL! Now that's funny.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

The space suit was a genius idea! Brilliant.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Barnes and Noble are doing the signed book thing for Black Friday again. And The Martian will be one of the available books.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    Barnes and Noble are doing the signed book thing for Black Friday again. And The Martian will be one of the available books.
    A complete list:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/blog/h...aimed-authors/

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I received my lettered of The Martian the other day. Thought I'd post pics since I probably won't have it for long... it's been listed on Ebay. The traycase is super cool, I just wish they would do a little more with the interiors of these editions - like some illustrations.

Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, for how little we knew yee. Good luck with the sale

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

What was the issue price of the Lettered Martian?. Just curious.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

300 I believe

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It was $350. I would have kept mine if they had added some special feature like an illustration or remarque or something. The only difference was the leather cover and the tray case - although the tray case looks really cool in person.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    It was $350. I would have kept mine if they had added some special feature like an illustration or remarque or something. The only difference was the leather cover and the tray case - although the tray case looks really cool in person.
    Becca - did you sold it ?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Yes, someone in Austria bought it for $995 and Ebay had a $5 flat fee special going, so that's why I listed it right away.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, someone in Austria bought it for $995 and Ebay had a $5 flat fee special going, so that's why I listed it right away.
    That's a healthy profit - nice job!

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now there can be Christmas in the Dornsife home, and little tidings under the tree...not just books for Mommy

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sweet. Great price

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm with you, becca, I'd prefer some extras to justify the higher cost of a Lettered edition. Glad you were able to find a home for it with someone who will appreciate it more.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I'm with you, becca, I'd prefer some extras to justify the higher cost of a Lettered edition. Glad you were able to find a home for it with someone who will appreciate it more.
    Thanks Patrick. I felt like I was spending an extra $275 on a traycase.

Country
    Country Flag

Author Andy Weir will be the featured speaker at the Launch Party held on Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 7:00 PM at Book Passage in Corte Madera.

http://www.bookpassage.com/event/201...n-corte-madera

Also - April 13, 2016 7:00 pm
    Dominican University Angelica Hall
    50 Acacia Avenue
    San Rafael, CA,

Country
    Country Flag

Author Andy Weir will be the featured speaker at the Launch Party held on Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 7:00 PM at Book Passage in Corte Madera.

http://www.bookpassage.com/event/201...n-corte-madera

Also - April 13, 2016 7:00 pm
    Dominican University Angelica Hall
    50 Acacia Avenue
    San Rafael, CA,
    Looks fun - although only an hour away - still tough during the week - oh well

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool! Too bad it's during the work week. A little too far away.

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There is Lettered copy for sale on eBay if someone is interested:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/272193466045

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright if you have been watching the Ernest Cline thread you know that I am working on some designs for slip cases to that book and The Martian that will go to the S/L. I am going to post over here as well in case there is anyone who has the Martian but doesn't have RP1.

I am starting on the case now but as always need some input. As stated in the other thread we are limited to a 5.25" x 8" plate so it would have to be a spine only plate or a cover only plate. Most are leading towards a spine only so that is going to be what I work on. The next questions will be what font and do we want the words to go up and down or left and right. If up and down are the letters oriented at a 90 degree angle or normal up and down letters?

All input helps as well as who all would be interested in a case for the S/L The Martian?
    Josh

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Im in for one for the Sub Press S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Holographic foil?

I would prefer the title to run the length of the spine from crown to foot like on most books. Maybe The author's name can be oriented the opposite way?

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love the design of the Lettered Edition slipcase as far as font orientation and placement - would not mind if it was similar to that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast