Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Andy Weir

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think I am going to pass on this. Concentrate on some Dan Simmons! Thanks all for your kind help!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I give it a 9. I loved all of the technical discussions of figuring out how to try to survive. The book had no fluff, no unnecessary romances, etc. I guess having a math background made it more enjoyable for me. And I think Matt Damon is a perfect choice for the movie. He's gonna be great.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    Love the books Joe!

Unrelated, but I think this is the original PDF Andy Weir released when fans were asking for something they could put on an eReader. I haven't read it, so not sure how much it differs (if at all) from the published book. Thought I'd share in case anyone was looking for a copy.

http://www.misterswift.com/iSTEM/The...ndy%20Weir.pdf
    Thanks for that. I can convert that PDF file to epub and read it on my Nook.

I ordered the S/L on the strength of opinion from members here. I've only found the book in stores in Large Print format and way later paperback printings.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

First Hebrew Martian signed

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool -

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the cover. Congrats Shac.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, how is the movie ????

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    I enjoyed it. I think it will be a hit.

Science is significantly "dumbed down" to make it more accessible to the average audience goer. I am very glad I read the book before the film. (because I really enjoyed the science)
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    I enjoyed it. I think it will be a hit.

Science is significantly "dumbed down" to make it more accessible to the average audience goer. I am very glad I read the book before the film. (because I really enjoyed the science)
    I agree - reading the book first was definitely better - put things in a lot better context; you felt his struggle a lot more throughout the book - and they had to take out several important aspects (at least in the book - but I saw the necessity to help the movie flow). The movie was enjoyable - I just liked the book a lot more.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading it right now. I always prefer to read the book first.

I like it. I like science and math and figuring things out.

I think I'll see the movie next week.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice! Congratulations, Shac!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Finished The Martian last night. I really enjoyed it the Math and science didn't bother me. As long as I don't have to solve equations that doesn't bother me.

Now just have to track down a first for cheap.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Look what came in today!

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

If I didn't have the earlier signed/limited -- the UK HC -- I'd be all over that one. Looks like the usual slick, beautiful Sub Press job.

Country
    Country Flag

I received my shipping notice. Mine will probably be here on Monday.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Look what came in today!

I got mine today. I would have liked an interior illustration (aside from the map).
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Subpress has another 28 copies of The Martian S/L in case you missed it. It was "sold out" until today....

Gunslinger Apprentice richardsrarebooks will become famous soon enough

thanks for the tip. just purchased two copies.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to getting together with a few TDT.org friends and seeing Andy Weir tomorrow night!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Left to right:
    #362 of 1000 - signed
    First Printing - unsigned
    #196 of 750 -signed
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Woot! Woot! Looking forward to event tonight - anyone have any interesting questions you think we should try n ask?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Left to right:
    #362 of 1000 - signed
    #196 of 750 -signed
    Nice Patrick. I should have my signed US copy soon and hopefully the lettered will show up shortly.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JAMMF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

Left to right:
    #362 of 1000 - signed
    #196 of 750 -signed
    Nice Patrick. I should have my signed US copy soon and hopefully the lettered will show up shortly.
    Confused? Are these books going to JAMMF or Becca??? Because I have a way different address for JAMMF - somewhere is Scotland - I just need to know where I should be shipping some signed books that i might be getting tonight...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post

Confused? Are these books going to JAMMF or Becca??? Because I have a way different address for JAMMF - somewhere is Scotland - I just need to know where I should be shipping some signed books that i might be getting tonight...
    LOL... don't forget to show off your signed Hebrew copy.....

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Lol! Looking forward to getting that 1st Ed. signed too. See you tonight, Chad!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast