Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: The Collectible Andy Weir

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

The reviews I've read have not been kind, but I'm still looking forward to giving it a chance. I have a signed 1st of it...went tonight to an interview of (by Neal Stephenson) and signing by Weir here in Seattle a couple nights ago...Weir was funny and personable. Place was packed -- other than King, by far the most folks I've seen at a signing. So if it's a dud, there're going to be a lot of disappointed folks.

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

I enjoyed it. Got to read an egalley. IMHO the pacing was faster and the story was more accessible with out all the science and math of The Martian.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I enjoyed it as well, generally speaking. It was certainly not as good as THE MARTIAN, as most if not all reviews/posts have argued, but if the previous novel was a 8.5, I'd still give this one a solid 7. I do understand and appreciate some of the criticisms leveled against it, but I don't see them to the degree that some others have suggested. Recommended.

Would anyone be interested in a straight-across trade of my Fine/Fine (as-new) signed/#d (1/1000) UK HC of the MARTIAN for your Fine/Fine (as-new) signed/#d (1/750) U.S. (Sub Press) HC of THE MARTIAN? eBay sales and ABE listings suggest the values are fundamentally the same so not looking to offer or request add'l cash...just a straight swap. If there's any incentive, I suppose the fact that the UK S/L came before the Sub Press is a plus, as it means that my UK S/L is the first limited of THE MARTIAN (and, for that matter, the first Weir limited).

Reason: I have the Sub Press S/L HC of ARTEMIS on its way to me, and the art of each matches/complements each other much better than the UK S/L would.

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Would anyone be interested in a straight-across trade of my Fine/Fine (as-new) signed/#d (1/1000) UK HC of the MARTIAN for your Fine/Fine (as-new) signed/#d (1/750) U.S. (Sub Press) HC of THE MARTIAN? eBay sales and ABE listings suggest the values are fundamentally the same so not looking to offer or request add'l cash...just a straight swap. If there's any incentive, I suppose the fact that the UK S/L came before the Sub Press is a plus, as it means that my UK S/L is the first limited of THE MARTIAN (and, for that matter, the first Weir limited).

Reason: I have the Sub Press S/L HC of ARTEMIS on its way to me, and the art of each matches/complements each other much better than the UK S/L would.
    ...anyone?

Long shot, I know, but thought I’d give it another try.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If it is indeed like The Martian then I hope Subterranean Press will publish it. If it is like Artemis I will probably skip....

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I thought Artemis was fine as a light, YA-ish SF novel. Hard to follow up The Martian with something both different and as appealing. I thought Artemis was a better follow-up to The Martian than Armada was to RP1.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I thought Artemis was fine as a light, YA-ish SF novel. Hard to follow up The Martian with something both different and as appealing. I thought Artemis was a better follow-up to The Martian than Armada was to RP1.
    Well seeing as armada was literally a blatant rip off of the last star fighter, I’d have to agree. I think ready player two is going to be a huge flop.

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I gave up on Armada after 10 pages
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Signed copies of the new book Project Hail Mary available on Barnes & Noble, shipping starts May 4th.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/pro...=9780593356548
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, excited for this one
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got mine from MST galaxy as well - gotta help the little shops out
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    I got mine from MST galaxy as well - gotta help the little shops out
    Same. Stop there whenever I’m in San Diego

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone looking for a copy of Hail Mary? I have an extra signed one. $33 all in US shipping, at cost for international.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Still waiting for mine to get here. 25% thru the book on Audible...love it.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8