Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Andy Weir

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the UK 1/1 and that looks great. Now I want one for the three editions that I have.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got the cases in and they came out perfect.

Photos of the cases

Photos of cases with book

How to Order

Feel free to send in your orders and enjoy!
    Josh

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Just got the cases in and they came out perfect.

Photos of the cases

Photos of cases with book

How to Order

Feel free to send in your orders and enjoy!
    Josh
    Thanks Josh!
    Email sent!

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Easton Press just announced a signed HC for THE MARTIAN, 3 payments of $44 each. Indicates it's in stock and ready to order.

http://www.eastonpress.com/prod/DFB/...mpaign=Martian

Country
    Country Flag

Easton Press also now have RP1 signed as well
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    Easton Press just announced a signed HC for THE MARTIAN, 3 payments of $44 each. Indicates it's in stock and ready to order.

http://www.eastonpress.com/prod/DFB/...mpaign=Martian
    Three payments of $44.
    RP1 is three payments of $33 for a book the same size (per Easton's specs on the order pages).

Do you suppose the price differential is so they can pay Weir significantly more given the popularity of his book?
    Or is this a business decision by Easton to get a larger margin due to THE MARTIAN's popularity?
    Or do you think it's due to other factors, such as print run and related economy of scale factors?
    Last edited by Patrick; 06-29-2016 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Clarity
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Their agents probably worked out different deals.

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen the books although I preordered both of them, maybe illustrator fee? It is not in description that it has any art inside...
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Barnes & Noble has signed copies of Artemis available for preorder.

Artemis (Signed Book)

EDIT: no longer available.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Barnes & Noble has signed copies of Artemis available for preorder.

Artemis (Signed Book)
    Good tip! Thank you.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Sub Press has annouced the opening of pre-orders for their S/L (limitation of 750) of ARTEMIS:

https://subterraneanpress.com/artemis

...aannd his tour stops are up (maybe they've been for a while and I'm just behind the curve, I don't know)...those interested in going may want to hurry as most of the events appear to be ticketed events:

http://andyweirauthor.com/events

I got mine for his Seattle date.

...aaannnd if you want a UK limited (if one can call 2000 copies "limited"), you can order from Goldsboro here (note that it is NOT a Goldsboro exclusive, but rather a publisher's limited):

https://www.goldsborobooks.com/product/artemis-1

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Looks like the lettered Artemis sold out in under an hour.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    There was a pre-sale last week for those who already had numbered/lettered editions, so I assume most of those folks renewed before the public sale opened.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    There was a pre-sale last week for those who already had numbered/lettered editions, so I assume most of those folks renewed before the public sale opened.
    Ah okay - got it. Thanks for the details!

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a Lettered copy of the Martian and took advantage of that preorder to get Artemis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Gunslinger Apprentice terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91 has a spectacular aura about terrier91's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone comes across an early printing (doesn't have to be a 1st) of The Martian with a nice dust jacket with the $24 price, I'm in need of a dust jacket upgrade for a signed 1st. My book is in great condition, but somehow the dust jacket isn't.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I noticed at B&N yesterday that some copies of Artemis have glossy dust jackets and some have matte finishes. I've noticed this over the years with a few other titles by different authors as well. Does anyone know if this a mistake or on purpose? If it is on purpose, what's the reasoning behind it?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I must check that out. I know B&N also had or will have signed copies.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

It could be that the publisher liked both finishes so released both. I’ve seen that with the jacket design before but not the finish.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    It could be that the publisher liked both finishes so released both. I’ve seen that with the jacket design before but not the finish.
    Or they could have multiple printers. (Or didn't print enough dust jackets and went back to press with a different or cheaper treatment).

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Or they could have multiple printers. (Or didn't print enough dust jackets and went back to press with a different or cheaper treatment).
    That too. Wonder if it’s the book club jacket. I don’t know what finish mine is but I’m pretty sure it has raised letters on the jacket. If the other finish is flat then the cheaper alternative makes sense.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So has anyone else finished reading Artemis? No spoilers here....

My only comment would be - was this book written by the same person who wrote The Martian? If Artemis had been his first book, I would never read another one by him again. The plot was OK, but the main character was annoying as hell. It seemed very juvenile to me.

Maybe it will be a sophomore slump and his next book will be better.

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So has anyone else finished reading Artemis? No spoilers here....

My only comment would be - was this book written by the same person who wrote The Martian? If Artemis had been his first book, I would never read another one by him again. The plot was OK, but the main character was annoying as hell. It seemed very juvenile to me.

Maybe it will be a sophomore slump and his next book will be better.
    That is what I've heard on most of the reviews so I'm hesitant to start this book.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast