Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Merlin1958 (Bill) hospitalized. Update-Now home

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Merlin1958 (Bill) hospitalized. Update-Now home

Bill Bender aka Merlin1958 is in the hospital in a coma. He is on a ventilator and currently is not cognizant of his surroundings. Since he is in the ICU, he isn't allowed flowers.
    I'm hoping that as many members here as possible would send two get well soon notes to Bill. One note care of the hospital, and one note care of his residence.
    The note need not be a costly get well card; just a short hand written or typed message to Bill. Two notes can be mailed in the USA for less than $1.
    Per Mrs. William Bender's request, information about Bill is not being released. His family should however read the notes to Bill, and when he recovers I am sure the outflow of encouragement will be very touching to him.

If you simply are too busy to obtain envelopes and stamps, feel free to PM me your message and I will print and mail the notes to Bill. I have a box of envelopes and 200 stamps, so I am ready to help. If you wish, you can include your return mail address so that it is on the envelope.

Notes should be mailed to:

William Bender-Patient

Dignity Health Center
    3555 S. Valvista Dr.
    Gilbert, AZ 85297
    USA

Or to Bill's home address. Please PM me for that information.

I also want to send Bill pictures of members and or their avatar. If you would like your picture included in a poster type note from the entire Dt.org community, please PM the pic to me.

My goal is to get 25 members to each send two notes. Please help make this happen.

Thanks,

Jerome Smith
    Owner
    TheDarkTower.org

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

They'll go out in Monday's mail. I am really upset about this!

John

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am extremely sad to learn that Bill is in hospital. I will definitely be sending two get well cards!

My thoughts and prayers are with Bill right now, and I wish him a full and speedy recovery!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

PM sent. Bill is a most caring person.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Really sorry to hear this. I'll mail the get well notes.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

My thoughts are with him and his Family. Bill is a very KIND AND GENEROUS person!!!! I hope the amount of members that take the time to do this is of great numbers. Any one that knows Bill knows that he would go above and beyond for ANY member in a similar situation!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is really sad. I hope that he will get better, but dont think, IMO that I will send a note. Simply because the family recieving 50 or 100 or more cards will be the least of their worries.
    My thoughts do go with him and his relatives !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Terrible, terrible, terrible.

I'll be sending a card on Monday.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Jerome for posting this and I think your suggestion is a very good one.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, this is terrible news. I absolutely love Bill. He's been very good to me (and my daughter).

Thanks for letting us know, Jerome and I will also be sending cards.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll get notes in the mail Monday as well. I hope the circumstances surrounding his condition are fully reversible.

Bill is a very generous soul. I own a personalized copy of one of his favorite books for two reasons - Bill is a great guy, and I have the same name so when he happened upon two personalized copies, I got one.

May the book gods be looking over him....

Bill

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm shocked. I'll be sending a note on Monday.

Thanks for sharing the info, Jerome.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Echoing the thoughts of others, although we have never met in person, I count Bill has a true friend.
    Thanks for letting us know Jerome, I'll be sending cards on Monday.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

PM sent, J.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Jerome for the information. Please keep us posted of any changes. Sending out cards on Monday.

Ralph Mulleins

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just received a text from Bill's son. He wants to send out information to a group of people and has asked for the communication to be one-way.
    His text to the group:

Will give updates in here. Please don't respond to these texts because everyone will get them. If you have a question text me directly and if the answer is something everyone should have I will post it in here. Dad is doing better. Numbers are improving. Some meds are being removed. Some treatments will change which indicates improvement. Will know more tonight.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That's positive news - thanks for the update Jerome
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Card is in the mail. I HOPE... HE.... gets to read them...For MANY YEARS to come.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for posting the original news and the update, Jerome.

Here's wishing Bill a complete and speedy recovery, and the hope that further updates about his health will be positive.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I just received a text from Bill's son. He wants to send out information to a group of people and has asked for the communication to be one-way.
    His text to the group:

Will give updates in here. Please don't respond to these texts because everyone will get them. If you have a question text me directly and if the answer is something everyone should have I will post it in here. Dad is doing better. Numbers are improving. Some meds are being removed. Some treatments will change which indicates improvement. Will know more tonight.
    That news sounds a lot more reassuring. Here's hoping for Bill's full recovery everyone!!!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is very saddening news. I've found Bill to be one of the most generous and welcoming of members on this site. My thoughts are with him and his family at this terrible time. Lots of love from the UK.

Gunslinger Apprentice André Linoge is on a distinguished road André Linoge's Avatar

Despite having only been a part of the TDT clan for a short time, I already have seen how truly beloved Bill is here. Here's wishing him a speedy, full recovery. Thoughts with the family at this time.

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

My family's thoughts are with him.

Dan

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Very sorry to hear this.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    This is really sad. I hope that he will get better, but dont think, IMO that I will send a note. Simply because the family recieving 50 or 100 or more cards will be the least of their worries.
    My thoughts do go with him and his relatives !
    Understandable.
    You could certainly send him a private message and when he is able to log in to the site I'm sure he would appreciate your concern.

J

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast