Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Time in the keystone world

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Time in the keystone world

I just finished re-reading this book and this time something really stuck out to me as totally wonky. So when they went todash to NYC the first time, they followed Jake on one of his last days in NY before going to the house. Later it was stated and reinforced that it was impossible to go to any time you wanted in that level of the tower because it was a keystone level. Eddie was very conscious of time passing in that world because they could not go back in time.

But they most certainly DID go back in time. Following Jake was certainly from an earlier day. And they didn't visit it on another level because all of their time counting of the days until the contract expired started from that point.

Am I missing something or is this just an oversight?

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember thinking the same thing as you when I read that. My theory was that going todash to that world wasn't really visiting it in another time - but rather seeing it in another time. They weren't able to interfere with anything, only watch what had already happened. Where as they couldn't actually go back In time properly in the keystone world. It can be argued that todash states don't really take you physically to another where/when, or at least it isn't the same as actually properly going to the world.

That's what I thought anyway.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now that I think about what you said, that's correct. In my mind I thought they used that visit as a starting point in time. And they DID but I forget that they figured out how long it had been since they drew Jake and then went from then. Todash was treated different from actually physically visiting. Thanks.

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

No prob, gotta love going todash!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Xerrand View Post
    No prob, gotta love going todash!

I'm sorry...that's only legal in Colorado!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

+ Reply to Thread