Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jimmy carter signing in Nashville tomorrow 7/23. Taking orders for signed books :)

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Jimmy carter signing in Nashville tomorrow 7/23. Taking orders for signed books :)

guys,

Jimmy carter will be in Nashville tomorrow (4:30 pm central time) to sign his recent book - a full life

I'm going, If anyone interested in a signed copy - just reply and I will try to get you one. Shouldn't be a problem.

Short notice , I know....

I'll ask RF to delete this thread after the event...

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am heading into the city SF - next week to meet him. He will be at Books Inc in SF from 430-630 next wednesday - 29 July - if anyone interested

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I forgot to mention - I'm not going to make money here lol... Just pay for the actual book price plus shipping

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ill take one If you don't mind.
    Thanks

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like a copy too if possible...

Neil
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll take one. Thanks Shac.

Brian
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

If not too late, I'll go for one too. Thanks Shac.

Country
    Country Flag

Waiting in line. Maybe 200-300 before me... People parking Here from 10:00 am...

At least they put me next to my buddy

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Let us know how it went. Looks like I'll have to get there a bit early next week.

Country
    Country Flag

Done.

I arrived around 3:00 and I believe 200-300 People were in front of me in line (first person in line got there by 10:00 am...).

The Signing scheduled to 4:30 but started at 4:00. They allowed total of 5 books per person (new and old). I bought 10 and spread 5 with people around me. Line went pretty quick (considering each person had 3-5 books) and I entered the signing room after 1.5 hours.

Security check before entering the hall. Need to leave the bags at the front desk and keep phones inside the pocket. No photos allowed. There was a big curtain that covered 1/3 of the hall. Carter was sitting behind it surrounded by security. You handled the opened books to the the store rep and she put them on the table in front of him to sign.

Since I had 5 books, I said hello and that I'm from Israel - he smiled and responded - I hope one day you'll have peace ... I said Amen and moved forward... 15 seconds...

Got the other books from my new friends and drove home...

Overall - well organized and great experience

I'll contact eac one of you to get address and hopefully will ship tomorrow

Best
    Shac

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was at a Carter signing years ago and he was a machine. He put King to shame for how fast the line moved. I guess he hasn't slowed down at 90. It's remarkable he is still making the rounds. Congrats on the books.

+ Reply to Thread