Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Eyes of the Dragon S/L Red number edition of 250 (who received what copy?)

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just updated the master list at the top of the page to reflect a new Red EOTD I saw for sale for the healthy sum of $4,500.00. I am guessing that the price is this high because it also includes a three page signed handwritten note from King to Michele Slung on 4 x 6 note paper. The note refers to Michelle Slung's book MOMILIES, with some offerings by King of sayings from his Mother and the promise to supply a picture of his Mother when he returns to Maine. This particular copy is no. 77 of 250 and is inscribed, "For Michelle Slung-/ with best wishes - hope you'll have a happy holiday season. I also hope you like this little story. Keep well/ Steve King/12/6/84--P.S. Tabby says hello, and yes--my mother really did say all those things. S.K./." MOMILIES is Michele Slung's collection of wit, wisdom, and other sayings from Mothers. Michele Slung is also an editor and literary critic. I wish I could supply a picture of the book and/or the note; however, the seller provided neither.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool!
    Are there pictures of this letter online?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm a huge Charles L Grant fan. If anyone knows where number 50 has gone, since Grant's death, I'd be keen and grateful to know...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Just updated the master list at the top of the page to reflect a new Red EOTD I saw for sale for the healthy sum of $4,500.00. I am guessing that the price is this high because it also includes a three page signed handwritten note from King to Michele Slung on 4 x 6 note paper. The note refers to Michelle Slung's book MOMILIES, with some offerings by King of sayings from his Mother and the promise to supply a picture of his Mother when he returns to Maine. This particular copy is no. 77 of 250 and is inscribed, "For Michelle Slung-/ with best wishes - hope you'll have a happy holiday season. I also hope you like this little story. Keep well/ Steve King/12/6/84--P.S. Tabby says hello, and yes--my mother really did say all those things. S.K./." MOMILIES is Michele Slung's collection of wit, wisdom, and other sayings from Mothers. Michele Slung is also an editor and literary critic. I wish I could supply a picture of the book and/or the note; however, the seller provided neither.
    I tried to buy this... he will not bunch because of the letter. Has her Plant set too he does and a NLR but it was given out AFTER the party and thus not the same...

SIDE NOTE: I have copy 150 though if you want to put that on the list WITH matching Suntup Portfolio too!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I tried to buy this... he will not bunch because of the letter. Has her Plant set too he does and a NLR but it was given out AFTER the party and thus not the same...

SIDE NOTE: I have copy 150 though if you want to put that on the list WITH matching Suntup Portfolio too!!!
    Kris, thanks for the reply and I did see the matching Plant set. It would be a really nice addition and a reasonable price for the Plant set with traycase (8,500.00). I didn't see the NLR listed, but he had some cool stuff. If you don't mind, can you post a pic of no. 150 or note the inscription, who it is inscribed to, and the date signed--I'll update the list! Thanks!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Cool!
    Unfortunately, he did not post any pics online. I wish he had.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool!
    He will ONLY share it with who buys as I asked that as well. haha

PS: will post a pic
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Kris. It's added at the top of the page.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Cool!
    He will ONLY share it with who buys as I asked that as well. haha

PS: will post a pic
    Well, i'd say that this is daft. For that kind of price, he could make an effort and share a small even not perfect / watermarked picture. It can only make the sale more attractive
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not the persons obligation to share.
    It's not our right to see.
    It's a courtesy if they show it, but it won't increase the amount it sells for.

Country
    Country Flag

It's the seller's right to decide whether or not to share, but it's common sense to show pictures of what someone sells to properly judge and appreciate the value. Just my two cents.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I suppose I'm not making sense to you, but I'll try again.
    The item for sale is so rare and so expensive that only a handful of people in the world might be interested, AND have the financial wherewithal to buy it. You and I are not on that short list, thus there is no compelling reason for the seller to share with everyone.

If the seller sent you a scan of the letter, how much do you think it would increase the chance the seller would get his asking price?

Country
    Country Flag

It's not a question of wether or not you or I cant afford it. If I REALLY wanted to spend that much on a book, I could and I am pretty sure that you could do to.

IMO, it's a question of making that item even more desirable. Beside being another SL that happens to be in color or number of whatever, that letter differenciates it for any other copies available. If the seller is really willing to sell it, then, IMO, it's just stupid to do not show the letter to make it even more interesting and desirable compared to potential other copies publicly for sale.
    I understand that the letter may have a personal feeling to it, but then, why not partially showing it?

Gunslinger Apprentice mikeyw is on a distinguished road

I have 196 - inscribed to Bill Roderick - ive not a clue how to upload an image though!!!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyw View Post
    I have 196 - inscribed to Bill Roderick - ive not a clue how to upload an image though!!!
    Gallery - How To
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here is copy #115 inscribed to Burt Hatlen and his wife:

Burton Hatlen was a professor at the University of Maine and was seen as a mentor by several of his former students, including King and his wife, Tabitha. In a postscript included in LISEY'S STORY, King said of Hatlen, "Burt was the greatest English teacher I ever had."
    King and Hatlen remained close throughout Hatlen's life and King often sent unpublished manuscripts to Hatlen for his review and perusal.
    As a tribute, King named a handful of his fictional characters after Hatlen, most notably the prison librarian in Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption, named Brooks Hatlen.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love it...cool inscription

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I'm a huge Charles L Grant fan. If anyone knows where number 50 has gone, since Grant's death, I'd be keen and grateful to know...
    This one is up for sale on eBay right now!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Yes, I saw that. I little high for me, however.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Yes, I saw that. I little high for me, however.
    Link? I can't find it. Or has it sold?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

SOLD!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Burton Hatlen was a professor at the University of Maine and was seen as a mentor by several of his former students, including King and his wife, Tabitha. In a postscript included in LISEY'S STORY, King said of Hatlen, "Burt was the greatest English teacher I ever had."
    King and Hatlen remained close throughout Hatlen's life and King often sent unpublished manuscripts to Hatlen for his review and perusal.
    As a tribute, King named a handful of his fictional characters after Hatlen, most notably the prison librarian in Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption, named Brooks Hatlen.
    Cool tidbit.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

126 - this is one of the 10 copies that designer Michael Alpert was given because of this work on the book. One was was personalized to Alpert by King, but the remaining 9 were for his own personal dissemination. This is one of those 9. Signed by King, but not inscribed.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Maintaining these threads is becoming a PITA.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast