Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Cwalker

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Default Book Collection: Cwalker

In the spirit of transparency, i have removed the pics of items i no longer have from this first section. They will remain in the thread though so i can torture myself sometimes.

Trade Hardcovers:

Carrie - BC
    'Salems Lot - BC
    Night Shift - BC
    The Stand - 1 Ed, Unk Print
    Pet Sematary - BC
    The Dead zone - 1/9
    Firestarter - 1/1
    Cujo - 1/1
    Different Seasons - 1/1
    Christine - 1/1

Thinner - 1\6
    Skeleton Crew - 1/1
    IT - 1/1
    Eyes of the Dragon - 1/1
    Misery - 1/1
    The Tommyknockers - 1/1 (with permissions)
    Nightmares in the Sky - 1/1
    The Dark Half - 1/1
    Four Past Midnight - 1/1 (1st state DJ)
    Needful Things - 1/1

Gerald's Game - 1/1
    Dolores Claiborne - 1/1
    Nightmares and Dreamscapes - 1/1
    Insomnia - 1/1 (both dj states)
    Rose Madder - 1/1
    Desperation - 1/1
    The Regulators - 1/1
    Bag of Bones - 1/1
    Storm of the Century - 1/1 TPB
    Storm of the Century - 1/1 HCBC

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon - 1/1
    Hearts in Atlantis - 1/1
    On Writing - 1/1
    Dreamcatcher - 1/1
    Black House - 1/1
    Everything's Eventual - 1/1
    From a Buick 8 - 1/1
    Faithful - 1/1
    Cell - 1/1
    Lisey's Story - 1/1

Blaze - 1/1
    Duma Key - 1/1
    Just After Sunset - 1/1
    Under the Dome - 1/1
    Full Dark, No Stars - 1/1
    11/22/63 - 1/1
    Dr Sleep - 1/1
    Mr Mercedes - 1/1
    Revival - 1/1
    Finder's Keepers - 1/1

Bazaar of Bad Dreams - 1/1
    End Of Watch - 1/1
    Hearts In Suspension - 1/1
    Sleeping Beauties - 1/1

The Dark Tower:

The Gunslinger - 3 Ed
    The Drawing of the Three - Artist Signed 1 Ed
    The Drawing of the Three - 2 Ed
    The Wastelands - 1/1 - Artist signed 1 Ed
    Wizards and Glass - 1/1
    Wolves of the Calla - 1/1
    Song of Susannah - 1/1
    The Dark Tower - 1/1
    The Wind Through the Keyhole - 1

Joe Hill
    20th Century Ghosts - PS Trade PB, signed
    20th Century Ghosts - ARC, signed (Hill & Golden)
    20th Century Ghosts (US Ed) - 1/1 signed (Hill & Golden)
    20th Century Ghosts (PS 10th AE) - signed
    Heart-Shaped Box - 1/1 signed
    Heart-Shaped Box - UK S/L #407
    Horns - 1/1 signed
    Horns - Suntup GE
    NOS4A2 - 1/1 signed
    NOS4A2 - S/L #164
    NOS4A2/Wraith - Deluxe Ed #37
    The Fireman - 1/1 signed
    Strange Weather - 1/1 Signed
    Full Throttle - 1/1 Signed

Tabitha King

Small World - 1/2
    Caretakers - 1/1
    One On One - 1/1
    The Book Of Reuben - 1/1
    Survivor - 1/1
    Last edited by Cwalker; 10-16-2019 at 07:20 AM.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks good.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks great to me!

John

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Every collection is a good one - off to a nice start!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking good!

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice start!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Chris. Very nice indeed!

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yay new collections are always good - i see some nice firsts!
    congrats!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Is that Firestarter a 1st/1st? That looks in great shape if it is! So hard to find one as vibrant as that on the spine.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Good to see your new collection thread and your books! Look forward to seeing more.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All the classics!
    Thanks for starting your collection thread!

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Is that Firestarter a 1st/1st? That looks in great shape if it is! So hard to find one as vibrant as that on the spine.
    Sadly, no. My earliest 1/1 is the IT. I actually took some pics of it today as it is in better condition than i thought. May post them and get your opinions as I'm still pretty green at grading.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice collection! Keep it up!

Would like to get some opinions on condition/grading. I'm still pretty green and everyone seems to have different standards. Guess I'm hoping for
    a ballpark consensus. Preferably a Fenway Park consensus......

This is my earliest 1/1

I know the back is scuffed up, but i'm still thinking an overall of Good.
    Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Chris

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nice stuff. What's your favorite King book?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

My favorite book is generally whichever one I'm reading at the time. ( lame, i know but it's honest). In the living room i am presently re-reading Skeleton Crew. (love "Mrs. Todd's Shortcut" and "Survival Type"). In the bedroom I'm re-reading 11/22/63. I am also having a short affair with Donaldson's "Illearth War", but don't tell the others.

My all-time favorite King anything though would have to be The Long Walk. I've read it at least once a year, every year since i found it. Thirty, thirty-five times? Every time i see it like the perfect movie in my head. I've heard/read that Darabount (sp?) has talked about trying it. Him I would trust.

There is just something about the story that pulls me in even though I know what to expect. The characters engage me all over again though I know exactly who I am going to like and who I will hate. (dance on your gravvvesssss!!!!!!!).

the only other story to even come close would be Harlan Ellison's "A Boy And His Dog". That story helped convince me to become a Military Police Working Dog Handler.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I posted a picture of what your wife might have been looking at all those years ago. A black and white proof photo of the UK dustjacket. Posted in the Welcome To The Corner and Old-Timers Inquiry thread. Did you see that and, if so, did you ask her if that might be what she was looking at?

I did show her and she admits that after 37 or so years her memory of that less-than-a-minute glance isn't what it used to be. She just remembers Stephen being pretty excited by whatever his decision was. It may end up being one of those Lost to the Ages moments.

Thanks for trying though...

Chris

Today's adventure...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice collection you have going there!!! More pics!!!!

Spoiler:
    On a side note: I was unaware that Red Sux fans could read!!!! LOL J/K LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

that's why i need to get all the illustrated editions, so's i kin lookkit alls the piktures...ayuh

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice stuff !!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    that's why i need to get all the illustrated editions, so's i kin lookkit alls the piktures...ayuh

LOL LOL LOL

You're not a bad sort for a Boston fan!!!! Seems to me we can jibe each other on baseball teams and get along just fine on most other subjects. You're a good sport!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

remember for 80 something years, red sox fans HAD to have a sense of humor!
    and don't even get me started on the Patriots of the 80's! grumble,grumble, trade Doug Fluite? what? why? huh?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    remember for 80 something years, red sox fans HAD to have a sense of humor!
    and don't even get me started on the Patriots of the 80's! grumble,grumble, trade Doug Fluite? what? why? huh?
    Very true. Well, there's always the "N.Y. Jets" to keep a man humble!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast