Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Minutes or less-3 Items Max-What do you take?

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

(BTW - when I get home.. I'm throwing my lettered gunslinger in with my doubleday stuff)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    the drum
    2 of the 5 boxes of the Doubleday collection

but I'd probably burn up attempting to get the rest out.
    Boxes don't count.
    Boxes contain multiple items. If I had a box, I could take dozens of books.
    Go back and re-select.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Jerome will take:

Lettered Song of Kali
    TMSG
    Box with 500 unfolded Fine Gunslinger DJs

*edit: shit, Jerome says boxes aren't allowed.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Bob won't take anything, he will be using an Asbestos Firestarter and his 'Bataan Death March' stamina to manually extinguish the fire!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Jerome will take:

Lettered Song of Kali
    TMSG

Fine Gunslinger DJ's are in rather large tubes. Certainly less than 500 in them. But I would not be able to take the tubes with all 211 DJ's, I'd have to only take one DJ.

Citizen of Gilead LostAlivE will become famous soon enough LostAlivE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just have to stay and burn up with them.......what can I say.

Country
    Country Flag

My serious guess for Bob would be:

SK letter to Forry Ackerman(n?)
    Michael Whelan painting
    Asbestos Firestarter

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    the drum
    2 of the 5 boxes of the Doubleday collection

but I'd probably burn up attempting to get the rest out.
    Boxes don't count.
    Boxes contain multiple items. If I had a box, I could take dozens of books.
    Go back and re-select.
    but dammit... by the time I went through the box and found what I wanted to take out and save... I could have already carried out the box...
    I think you set the fire... and you're just trying to steal my stuff.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Michael Whelan painting
    Asbestos Firestarter
    Asbestos Firestarter <= leave it, take something else... it's ugly, and being asbestos, it has a 50/50% chance of surviving the fire anyways.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post

Cute, but doesn't answer the question.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Michael Whelan painting
    Asbestos Firestarter
    That sounds likely for what Bob might choose.

And Bruce.... That 1st shelf!? Oh my goodness... amazing seeing those all together like that...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

I have actually given this question some thought over the years. But the way I posed it to myself was if I could safely make it down to the basement and back one time what would I carry. There is only one entrance/exit (down the stairs) so it is taking a risk to go down there at all if a fire was raging.

Playing by Jerome's rules of only three items I would not take the asbestos Firestarter. There are at least 24 others out there so that could be replaced. I think I would take the copy of 'Salem's Lot with the first state dust jacket, one of the Whelan paintings from The Gunslinger (probably The Temple of the Oracle but maybe the Firestarter) and the handwritten manuscript for The New Lieutenant's Rap (partly because it is in very close proximity to the first two).

If I could make one trip and was limited by only how much I could carry on that one trip I would take the 'Salem's Lot and as many Whelan paintings as I could carry.

Country
    Country Flag

I completely forgot about the 1st state 'Salem's Lot... excellent choice.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

THEN ONLY 1 BOOK.....
    Spoiler:
    I HAVEN'T FINISHED READING IT YET

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

oh bob... but I cry for those long doubleday proofs... but can't argue with the Salem's lot or NLR... though I might let that painting burn and grab a long proof instead... not sure. tough choices

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll take the Hobbit signed & inscribed I got from Gerald for $200,000

Edit - never mind, it's not king

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

oh bob... but I cry for those long doubleday proofs... but can't argue with the Salem's lot or NLR... though I might let that painting burn and grab a long proof instead... not sure. tough choices
    Very tough. Jerome, can I bring Judy down with me and let her carry up an additional three items?

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    I'll take the Hobbit signed & inscribed I got from Gerald for $200,000

Edit - never mind, it's not king
    Yeah, let that crap burn.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Well, my collection is not nearly as impressive as most of you, so it's pretty easy. Almost everything I have is replaceable and most of it is easily replaceable.

That said:
    Rose Red papers/desk organizer prop from mini-series (hardest to replace - not sure if there are others out there)
    Postscripts 10 signed (my first signed Stephen King item)
    Knowing Darkness signed edition (it's the most expensive King item I've ever bought).

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

oh my... got me thinking about that signed rose red script now...
    dang, gonna miss that

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I have actually given this question some thought over the years. But the way I posed it to myself was if I could safely make it down to the basement and back one time what would I carry. There is only one entrance/exit (down the stairs) so it is taking a risk to go down there at all if a fire was raging.

Playing by Jerome's rules of only three items I would not take the asbestos Firestarter. There are at least 24 others out there so that could be replaced. I think I would take the copy of 'Salem's Lot with the first state dust jacket, one of the Whelan paintings from The Gunslinger (probably The Temple of the Oracle but maybe the Firestarter) and the handwritten manuscript for The New Lieutenant's Rap (partly because it is in very close proximity to the first two).

If I could make one trip and was limited by only how much I could carry on that one trip I would take the 'Salem's Lot and as many Whelan paintings as I could carry.
    Don't you have a Lettered Regulators Prototype? Please save that!!!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Jerome will take:

Lettered Song of Kali
    TMSG

Fine Gunslinger DJ's are in rather large tubes. Certainly less than 500 in them. But I would not be able to take the tubes with all 211 DJ's, I'd have to only take one DJ.
    Hoarding causes fires Jerome.

I will if Jerome lets Judy go down with me.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I will if Jerome lets Judy go down with me.
    I think that should be in the rules. Every family member gets 3 items!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast