Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dishonored

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Dishonored

One of the best games ever made is coming back!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love, love, LOVE Dishonored. I love the stealth, the steampunk aesthetic. The mysterious story. Fantastic game.

I read that you will be able to play as either Corvo or Emily.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's right. Here's a little interview:

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I got the original for free in the winter. Haven't played it yet, though.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dishonored was free on PS3 a while back, but I forgot to download it.

I'm kind of surprised to see all the love. When that game came out, I didn't exactly hear a ton of love for it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was great too. Looks like a lot of good games coming out this fall/winter,

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

I'm kind of surprised to see all the love. When that game came out, I didn't exactly hear a ton of love for it.
    I picked it up day one. Steampunk-aesthetic stealth game published by Bethesda? No brainer. I think I even had a Corvo theme for a little while.

The game itself is marvelous. It actually pushes you to come up with creative means of being sneaky and killing as few enemies as possible. It's such a rush to carefully lay out traps for your enemies and clear out an entire room one by one without being spotted.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Pablo, Joe -

Did you guys play through all the DLC?

Gunslinger Apprentice Xerrand will become famous soon enough Xerrand's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Yeah I almost forgot too but downloaded it on the last day haha. I thought it was a pretty fun game, the teleportation was really fun! Dishonored 2 is coming out now! (Not to mention Fallout 4)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Pablo, Joe -

I did, they were as great as the game. But then again, DLCs are just a ploy to make you pay several times over for a game. Why pay $50 for a full game when you can pay $50 for three quarters or a game and then $30 more for the other quarter. And then $40 for the complete edition!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Pablo, Joe -

I did not. I don't think I knew that there was DLC.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys. Just what I needed.
    After finishing one obsessive game (Far Cry 4), I read this thread. And now after installing, it's one thirty in the morning and I am hooked. Back to Granny Rag's!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Pablo, Joe -

I did not. I don't think I knew that there was DLC.
    The Knife of Dunwall is excellent, you play as Daud. You get to play the events immediately following
    Spoiler:
    the assassination of the Empress.

He has a different set of powers than Corvo, and it's fun navigating the treacherous grounds of Dunwall and figuring out how best to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    After finishing one obsessive game (Far Cry 4), I read this thread. And now after installing, it's one thirty in the morning and I am hooked. Back to Granny Rag's!
    Nice! Download the dlc when you're finished. Very much worth it.
    Last edited by fernandito; 12-20-2016 at 01:36 PM.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Pablo, Joe -

I did, they were as great as the game. But then again, DLCs are just a ploy to make you pay several times over for a game. Why pay $50 for a full game when you can pay $50 for three quarters or a game and then $30 more for the other quarter. And then $40 for the complete edition!
    DLC's are worth it...if you wait until they're all released and pick up a package deal, either through download of a physical copy. I bought brand new copies of Fallout 3/New Vegas complete with all 12 DLCs for 20 bucks each. Now that is totally worth it. I would never buy a seasons pass for anything, but I'm sure I'll get one for Fallout 4 (their DLC track record is stellar), and buying the pass for Season Three of The Walking Dead is a no brainer.

I rarely pick up DLCs, though. Most of them are not worth the money, even for good games. Fallout and Bioshock are the two major exceptions I've happened across. The best DLC's were probably for Alan Wake, since they added about ten hours of gameplay and actually continued the storyline, and offered so much brand new, unique gameplay possibilities...with how great those DLCs were, I'm still miffed Alan Wake 2 hasn't come down the pipe yet. It was such a freakin' awesome game. There is a chance of a sequel still as Remedy still really wants to continue with it, on whatever system will take it.

Some footage of the never played sequel from years back. It just looks so damn awesome. Nothing but improvements from the first game, which had plenty of room to grow.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Nice! Download the dlc when you're finished. Very much worth it.

The dlc's came with the game I ordered. I guess that's one of the benefits of getting it several years after it came out. Looking forward to the second one.

Country
    Country Flag

While waiting for Dishonored 2, this should make for a nice time:

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    While waiting for Dishonored 2, this should make for a nice time:

Looks like they've gone back to how Blood Money was, which I really enjoyed.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

So, has anyone played Dishonored 2 yet? I was thinking about picking up a copy now I finally finished Doom and the price has dropped, but no one has commented on it.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm probably getting it for Christmas this weekend, will let you know how it is then

From what I've read though, if you love the first one you'll love this one too.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I liked the first one - maybe I'll go back and play it to refresh my memory.

Country
    Country Flag

This is why I never buy games when they first come out, all this extra content released later and then collected in a single edition for cheaper:

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Pablo - did you play Death of the Outsider?

Country
    Country Flag

Not yet... so much to play

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, seriously. Going to have a good amount of down time this holiday season, want to get as much playing time as I can before my busy ass Q1 2018

+ Reply to Thread