Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King-Finders Keepers Signing - 7/12/2015-Maine

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

No talk by king strictly wham bam here's your book signed thank you mam! But he was in great spirits and greeted everyone with a smile! Excellent organization!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Finally winding down after a great book signing. Store employees were great! No I'd needed after the first 50 or so. Slowed down the line! 5 th one in line last one to leave! Ended up with 5 finders keepers signed, the stand compete uncut. And David at betts books finished off my flatsigned collection by bringing me an awesome dark half! I now have every origiginL full length novel signed by Stephen king
    Congratulations!

John

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Good event...

As others will attest, for those willing to put the work in, there were a few extra signatures, etc. I however, was not.

I did plan to tell him that I had proofread DT VII back in the day and kept the ending a secret - but when I got up there, I decided why bother, and I said, "how you doing?" he said "hey," signed it, and I said "thanks a lot." And that was that!

My third "in person" signing, but I'm still chasing any kind of personalization.

But it was neat meeting folks with their real name/faces and was well worth the drive (I realized too late that Boome was there, but I didn't meet him! But, maybe some things are best left as mysteries...). I avoided the highway on the way back to NH seacoast...don't know if it was a timesaver, but there was certainly no traffic and I'm back home already!

There will be much cooler stories to come - but those folks can have their own press conferences! Haha...

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Signing was great! Met alot people from DT.org, Bangor tomorrow.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice event. Well run and nice people. The rules are a bit ridiculous asking old ladies not to carry a purse and take it back to their cars but that's how it goes. I asked King if he had read Patrick O'Brian and he said he had and passed them on to his son Joe whose kindergarten teacher was in line just in front of me.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

This goes out to Webstar and his wife:

http://jezebel.com/woman-forgives-hu...res-1717341344

Gunslinger Apprentice André Linoge is on a distinguished road André Linoge's Avatar

Attended the event today. It was excellent. Staff was friendly, Constant Readers were great, and Sai King was a pleasure. First King event, though I'd met him before, and my first introduction to tdt.org. Glad to have found you all.
    Cheers

Gunslinger Apprentice André Linoge is on a distinguished road André Linoge's Avatar

Also, it was a pleasure to meet some of you tdt.org vets today-- I remember shaking hands with carlosdetweiller (gilead gunslingers shirt, right?), and was next to another gentleman from TX in the theater...pink shirt, if I recall. Took pictures of his donut, hahaha. Seems like a great group of folks.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

A few recollections and pics from today's signing.

Arrived in Bridgton at 8:15 am this morning. Already a dozen people in line, and surprisingly Roseannebarr wasn't first in line. I think even he was stunned.

Roseannebarr with a King fan with King related tattoos, including King's signature. Several collector's offered to buy her arm...

The Bookstore was directly across the street from the venue:

Magic Lantern:

The line stretched a bit before they opened:

It was a very very warm day. Probably 90 degrees and 60% humidity, but we had fun outside waiting.
    L-R: Randall Flagg, Wizardsrainbow, carlosdetweiller and Pasiuk.

They opened the doors about 20 minutes before 10AM. Two different I.D. checkpoints, but the people were polite. Free juice and donuts were provided.
    We entered the theater and sat in delightfully cool air.

King walked in at 9:55 am to rousing applause. King sat down and said "I suppose you are all wondering why I brought you here..."

Still learning the lay of the land here, so my apologies if this is an inappropriate forum: but I'm wondering if folks know where I might acquire Finders Keepers slipcases? I had heard Cemetery Dance, and checked their site, but they appear sold out.

Any leads are greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Andre the cementary dance slipcase was preorder only, I ordered 2 and can sell one when they come in, guy in pink was sir boom.
    Kevin

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by André Linoge View Post
    Attended the event today. It was excellent. Staff was friendly, Constant Readers were great, and Sai King was a pleasure. First King event, though I'd met him before, and my first introduction to tdt.org. Glad to have found you all.
    Cheers
    Welcome to the Forum, though I wasn't at the event. Glad that you had a good time!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Still learning the lay of the land here, so my apologies if this is an inappropriate forum: but I'm wondering if folks know where I might acquire Finders Keepers slipcases? I had heard Cemetery Dance, and checked their site, but they appear sold out.

Cheers
    You will probably have to find someone who bought extras that will sell you one. Either here or on ebay.
    Welcome to the site.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the site.

RF, great pics. Thanks for posting. The tattoos on that girl are great. At least I think so. Definitely a dedicated fan!

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ke7285 View Post
    Signing was great! Met alot people from DT.org, Bangor tomorrow.
    Grinning like a cat that just got the cream! Have a great time in Bangor and stay away from sewer grates!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Finally winding down after a great book signing. Store employees were great! No I'd needed after the first 50 or so. Slowed down the line! 5 th one in line last one to leave! Ended up with 5 finders keepers signed, the stand compete uncut. And David at betts books finished off my flatsigned collection by bringing me an awesome dark half! I now have every origiginL full length novel signed by Stephen king
    Congrats! Having a complete set of signed 1sts is an awesome accomplishment!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Despite not being able to make it, I was able to secure a signed copy at a very reasonable price. So, I'm in need of a slipcase. If anyone ordered extras, please send me a PM. Thanks.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Just realized this was my 10th King Event.

Nice efficient event.....and hey.....free Maine blueberry donuts and pink lemonade!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Just realized this was my 10th King Event.
    Happy 10th event anniversary! Your 10th turned out to be pretty darn good! It was an awesome day!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like everyone had a good time!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

RF and King:

Sir_Boomme and King:

Woo Hoo!

After lunch a few of us went up to Lovell to a quaint quiet place for lunch.
    Apparently King pops in every now and then (for food, not Belgian beer)...

There are many, many more pictures including a larger group shot, but they are on other cameras. Hopefully other members who attended will post their thoughts, recollections and pictures in the next few days.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Cheers
    If you're patient, CD will probably have some extras after their pre-orders are filled. They will post this on their web page when ready.

John

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Were there tickets or programs that came with the book? For the copy I bought secondhand, all they had was the receipt.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Were there tickets or programs that came with the book? For the copy I bought secondhand, all they had was the receipt.
    There was some form of "ticket" for those who went to the bookstore the day before the event.
    I showed up the day of the event with my I.D. and received a printed invoice (standard 8.5"x11" printer paper) and small credit card processing thermal receipt.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I am still so bummed I missed out on this :-(
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast