Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 101 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2519

Thread: Other Collectible Authors: Classifieds, Wanted, Market Value

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in need of a 1st F/F copy of Joe Hill's NOS4R2 (UK). Thanks!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Is anyone aware of the market value for the Oxrun novels by Grant from Centipede Press S/L? There is an unmatched set of the two on eBay that is pretty expensive. Maybe they are worth that, I just don't know! Also anyone aware of the market value for Haldeman's Forever War also a S/L by Centipede Press? Thanks for any insight.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PennyUnwise View Post
    Is anyone aware of the market value for the Oxrun novels by Grant from Centipede Press S/L? There is an unmatched set of the two on eBay that is pretty expensive. Maybe they are worth that, I just don't know! Also anyone aware of the market value for Haldeman's Forever War also a S/L by Centipede Press? Thanks for any insight.
    Thanks for the post! I have been after these for a long time but not at that price... seems way steep... I’ll keep a watchful eye.

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Thanks for the post! I have been after these for a long time but not at that price... seems way steep... I’ll keep a watchful eye.
    Yeah, I figured it seemed pretty darn steep. They are beautiful as always with Centipede Press books though. Will definitely be searching every once in awhile for a set to pop up! Thanks.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PennyUnwise View Post
    I am a CP collector and I think that's expensive for an unmatched set. The last copy of either of those (The Sound of Midnight) I saw listed individually went for $325 but it sold really fast so I think it was probably a little underpriced. But this set has been listed for at least a couple of weeks, and these are books that very infrequently come up for sale on the secondary market so I think that's a good indication that $1500 is too high and I'd put the value at closer to $1000. If they were matched I would still say that $1500 is too high. But I haven't seen any matched sets sold so that's just a guess.

The Forever War was really hot when it first came out because it sold out pre-publication. Then it cooled off to $400ish. But this year it has been crazy! At least for the S/L edition. There are a number of overrun copies (which didn't have a limitation page, and didn't have a sticker on the slipcase) that have been signed by Haldemann and Burns (none that I have seen have been signed by Ridley Scott), these went for ~$300 the last time I saw them available.

As far as the S/L:

#91 sold on 2/3/2018 for a Buy It Now price of $700, I think within like a day of listing.

#132 sold less than a week later, on 2/9/2018, for a Buy It Now price of $1600, again not long after it was listed.

There are no copies that I'm aware of that are for sale online right now. I think that $1600 was a high price, one of the highest I've seen for a Centipede Press title that is not Salems' Lot, but this has shown to be one of the rarer and more desirable Centipede Press books, and when they pop up they go quick! So it's hard to tell. If one had been sitting around for $1800 then we would have a better idea of the true market cap, but there hasn't been, so it's hard to tell if $1600 represents the true market value or if it was a collector who missed out on the other recently-listed copy and was willing to grab the next copy regardless of cost.

If I were going to sell my copy, I'd list it at like $2000, or maybe even $2500 and see what kind of "Best Offers" I got. This is a book where you would have no problem selling it, and nothing to lose by starting high and taking a lower offer.

If I were looking to buy a copy, I would be ready for a challenge. At the high prices we've seen, I think copies of this book that are changing hands are probably ending up in homes that they will not leave for awhile.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cheers for the info on the Grant set, Lotuz. I love my CP editions, and I have noticed that these Grants rarely come up (and even rarer that they come up with a seller willing to ship to Oz, so I don’t usually see the US only listings unless specifically hunting for it). Hard to see such a high appreciation rate when they don’t have Grant’s signature. But I’m on the hunt...

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    #132 sold less than a week later, on 2/9/2018, for a Buy It Now price of $1600, again not long after it was listed.
    Wow, it is crazy to think that #132 sold for that price with no offer. It will be interesting to see what the next listed one will be around. All I know is I would hold on to it with my life!
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm 99% sure I have all three Grant books CP published. I'm not sure if it's a matched set but if those are the going prices, I'd be very motivated to sell. I can go through my boxes if you're interested.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I'm 99% sure I have all three Grant books CP published. I'm not sure if it's a matched set but if those are the going prices, I'd be very motivated to sell. I can go through my boxes if you're interested.
    The Nestling is the most common of the three - it comes up more often and is probably in the ~$100 range. That said, I have never seen a matched set of the three.

I just updated my spreadsheet and there was actually a copy of Hour of the Oxrun Dead that sold twice last month. Copy #43 sold for a $200 BIN with a best offer and then was relisted in less than a week by a second seller (who has sold lots of CP books) for $333.33 BIN. Again they both sold in less than a day, so I still think that $333 is undervalued for this book.

Country
    Country Flag

(Hope it's ok to post, but I recently started a "Charles L. Grant Book Collecting" group on Facebook... Feel free to check it out)

Country
    Country Flag

Centipede Press announced that additional copies of Straub's If You Could See Me Now S/L are available ($150, to go up to $175 by end of week).

http://www.centipedepress.com/horror/ifyoucould.html

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thats a great cover artwork - do we know who this is made by ?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

J.K. Potter

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone interested in Cemetery Dance s/l edition of William Blatty's "screenplay for the 21st century, The Exorcist" for cover price. Its mint, just got it in the mail. sold

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Centipede Press announced that additional copies of Straub's If You Could See Me Now S/L are available ($150, to go up to $175 by end of week).

http://www.centipedepress.com/horror/ifyoucould.html
    Thanks very much for the heads up! I've been looking for a nice copy of this book for a while. I picked one up.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

If anyone has any Robert McCammon lettered SubPress editions you are willing to part with - any letter or PC - I'm very interested in making you an offer.

I'm particularly looking for: Baal, They Thirst, The Five, The Wolf's Hour, Boy's Life, Mister Slaughter.

Please PM me if you are interested or know of a lead.

Much thanks in advance.

My Mood
    Relaxed

Hello all, I am currently looking for any lettered XX Malazan Books from Subterranean Press. If you have any leads it would be much appreciated!

(Also the ASoIaF books in my signature)
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    J.K. Potter
    THanks!

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Please PM me if you would be interested in:

Lettered Subterranean Press Abercrombie Shattered Sea set
    Limited Subterranean Press Abercrombie First Law set ( 7 books )
    Lettered GRRM Dying Of the Light (PC)
    Lettered Where Everything Ends ( PC)
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post

Lettered Abercrombie Shattered Sea set
    Limited Abercrombie First Law set ( 7 books )
    SP set or UK?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post

Lettered Abercrombie Shattered Sea set
    Limited Abercrombie First Law set ( 7 books )
    SP set or UK?
    Both sets are Subterranean Press
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a matching lettered set - letter c - of The Exorcist forsale if anyone is interested. Both Lonely Road Books and Cemetary Dance. Please PM or email if interested.

My Mood
    Relaxed

I was curious if anyone has a copy of "The Hour of the Oxrun Dead" S/L from Centipede Press available for sale, specifically lucky #13. I may be interested if it is not numbered 13, however, I am trying to test my patience with matching.

Thank you ahead of time!
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Starting to peice together, fill gaps, in my SubPress Dresden Files books by Jim Butcher. If anyone is looking to sell any, I’d likely be interested.

I'm specifically trying to find the first 2 books: 'Storm Front' and 'Fool Moon' any number is fine.

Thanks.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Country
    Country Flag

FOR SALE:

Lettered Subterranean Press Abercrombie Shattered Sea set $1400 ( FINE, unread)
    Limited Subterranean Press Abercrombie First Law set ( 7 books ) $1500 ( books and slipcases are FINE, unread) - PHOTO
    Lettered GRRM Dying Of the Light (PC) $200 ( book FINE, traycase has minor scuffs)
    Lettered Bradbury Where Everything Ends ( PC) $450 ( book FINE, traycase has scuffs)

Red Rising Trilogy with Iron Gold (UK first, numbered) - slipcased, US first editions, signed ( FINE ) all $400 - PHOTO
    Joe Hill NOSA42 IDW Lettered - $650
    Robert E Howard - And their memory was a bitter tree - traycased edition, leather, $300
    Ben Aaronovitch - The Furthest Station, SubPress, Lettered PC, $200 new

All prices are friends and family with media mail shipping included.
    Let me know if there are any questions
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 101 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast